closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor Submariner

Master

Tudor Submariner

Hi All!

I am new to this forum so i thought i'd start by saying hello!

I am a lover of military and diver style watches, I have recently acquired a very nice Tudor Sub 9411/0 as part of a trade for another watch i had.
    The sub is from the US and dates i think around 1975 ish and i wondered if anyone can tell me an approximate value, considering it's condition. It comes with an original Tudor box but no papers other than US insurance valuation from seller.

I have enclosed a picture, and as you can see it has been refinished very nicely, the crown, bezel, dial and case back etc is all original if you look closely in the flesh you can see where the polishing has been carried out, albeit to a very good standard. The only thing i can see has been altered are the hands...i don't know if these have just been relumed or replaced.

Advice appreciated.

Thanks.

Journeyman
    Hi Sweetpea, welcome. I can't help you much,but mine is identical, even down to the relumed hands. I bought it new in 1984 and had it serviced in 2003. It keeps good time and has never let me down, taking a lot of abuse over the years. As for a value, mine's priceless. After discovering this forum, I took the bracelet off and it now lives on a variety of NATO straps from our host. Regards, Jon.

Master
    Hi Jon,

Thanks for reply.....do you have any pics of your tudor?....i have seen a few since i acquired mine....but spooky that you say it is identical...even the relumed hands!

I do occasionally wear it with a nato strap.....but overall i think i prefer it on the steel bracelet. It is an aftermarket oyster bracelet, but really good quality.

Journeyman
    Hi Sweetpea. I don't have any photos that do the watch justice,but a mate is keen to do some portraits of my collection,such as it is.We just have to get organised. Try it on a black NATO or a "Bond". Excellent piccy of yours,by the way. Regards,Jon.

Master
    Cheers Jon,

I have recently bought myself a new digi camera, so still messing around at the moment, i have loads of pics of my watches....just keep trying different ones till they come out right! Suppose thats the advantage of digital!

Anybody else got any pics of tudor subs?....

Thanks.

THIN is the new BLACK

Master
    Sorry for picture size.......i get the message...

They should now be reduced

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea
    Sorry for picture size.......i get the message...

They should now be reduced

Thank you. :D

john
    THIN is the new BLACK

If you go to http://www.clock-watches.co.uk you can see a new Tudor Sub (presumably NOS) for sale ... his pictures are not brilliant ... but his watch repairs are 1st class ... Antique and Modern in East Barnet Village ... I think from memory the Tudor Sub is priced at Ģ1200 ... it was there last Saturday.

Just checked it out myself hence this edit ... the price on the website is Ģ1400 but I'm sure the price in the shop is Ģ1200 ... and it's new in box .

Duncan
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

Master
    Thanks Duncan,

Just checked out the link you sent me....price is a bit high, i think he will struggle to sell at that price.
    I think the one for sale was the last of the Tudor subs, i think round about 1990's.

I think i still prefer the earlier models, they have a bit more character.

Cheers :wink:

Journeyman
    One of my early attempts.Regards, Jon.[img][/img]

Master
    Hi Jon,

Nice looking watch.....look good on Nato's don't they!

Anybody else got any nice pics of their Tudor Subs?

Thanks.

Master
    Blog Entries

Check out past posts on,BMW, French Milī Tudor Subīs

Nice scan etc.

Regards,
    M

There is a Tudor Sub for saleon Ebay ... vendor is KELPART ... do a search on his seller name ... he also has other watches including a Sadaam Husain Patek Phillipe gift watch.

Duncan
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

Journeyman

Here's mine. :)

Quote Originally Posted by davec

Here's mine. :)
    That shot looks fantastic. I have exactly the same model ( though not is as good condition) and I was thinking of Frankening it by putting a original Tudor Hydronaut dial because I wanted the lume. But you watch looks so good I'm having second thoughts!

Did you buy the watch in that condition or have you restored it ( by Rolex or some other watchmaker?)

regards

siggy

Journeyman
    Hi Siggy,

I got the watch in the same condition but it had the Mercedes hands on it, I put an ad out for the square hands and a nice gent sent them to me gratis. The hands were relumed by Jack at IWW but the dial was left untouched.

I think the vintage dials are much nicer than the current Hydronaut. If you want the dial relumed perhaps you can ask on the forum for a local watchmaker who can relume dials. I'd want someone with a good reputation as there are plenty of horror stories about shoddy work. Please let us know what you decide to do.

David

thanks David

There is a little work that needs doing on the watch, when it's finished I'll definitely show you the result.

regards

siggy