closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Hot tub?

Hot tub?

Away at the moment in a log cabin with a hot tub (and wi-fi, obviously :wink: ).

Not considered one before but the whole hot tub thing is so relaxing :D

Anybody got one at home - any experiences/recommendations ?

TIS
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Blog Entries

Re: Hot tub?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK
    Away at the moment in a log cabin with a hot tub (and wi-fi, obviously :wink: ).

TIS
    They're pretty fun as long as you are not overlooked. I remember back in Leeds living next to Lee Sharpe. He used to be in his tub with a few blonde slappers as regular as clockwork! It would have been rude not to look though, admire the view. It's a shame my mother did not think the same way!

If you do want to go for one head to Costco (cheapest prices and best warrantee). I'm pretty sure they still sell lots of different Canadian Hot Tubs with all the gadgets. In case you're not a member I'd be happy to accompany you if you did decided to 'take the plunge'.

Journeyman

Yeah my parents have one, very nice and relaxing and exactly the thing you need in winter.....cold outside, lovely and warm in the tub 8)

Craftsman

I have one, great in the winter as long as you remember to wear a Hat.....

A friend used to have one. It took ages to warm up (12 hours or something similar), and was expensive to run. I don't know if that's typical though.

Master

Got a chum with one - a 4 seater. They use it all year round.
    He reckons it costs him 50p a day; it is very efficient - little heat loss.

Why do i always think of tacky swingers parties whenever hot tubs are mentioned :D

I could not use one, I would not be able to stop thinking about the water borne diseases and infections you could catch from other people.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokarran
    I could not use one, I would not be able to stop thinking about the water borne diseases and infections you could catch from other people.
    :o

I think you douse them regularly with chemicals like a swimming pool.

I've tried hot tubs and they are not to my taste at all but good luck to all you swingers. :wink:
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by steptoe
    Why do i always think of tacky swingers parties whenever hot tubs are mentioned :D
    +1 :shock: My friend has one and I refuse to point blank to share a bath with him
    Cheers

Simon

Ralph Waldo Emerson: We ask for long life, but 'tis deep life, or noble moments that signify. Let the measure of time be spiritual, not mechanical.

My brother's got one, he loves it, can't quite see the point myself... can't wash your hair or hairy bits in one!! Farting in one is NOWHERE near as much fun as a regular bath(especially when your bathroom is above the lounge and your missus is watching telly)and as for relaxing............ what's wrong with Guinness?

Journeyman

Always enjoyed them in a ski chalet, but I guess that is the holiday feeling too, can't see the point at home though.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbo
    My brother's got one, he loves it, can't quite see the point myself... can't wash your hair or hairy bits in one!! Farting in one is NOWHERE near as much fun as a regular bath(especially when your bathroom is above the lounge and your missus is watching telly)and as for relaxing............ what's wrong with Guinness?
    Remember to shout "TORPEDO LOS!" as you blow.

TIS

Your link wasn't working - fixed it for you. :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by SimonK

TIS

Your link wasn't working - fixed it for you. :lol:

:mrgreen:

Quote Originally Posted by Blapto
    LMAO I'll do that next time!!!!, I'll have a bath tonight especially!!!!!

Craftsman

i have been pondering getting one myself
    the £3-£5k price tag puts me off though

Quote Originally Posted by Blapto
    LMFAO!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by shaggy
    I don't see where they get that figure for what is really just a large bath!,but i guess as it is aimed mainly at the ''stupid rich'' that are an easy target for ripping off then i'm afraid you'll have to pay it hey.
    although there is a place just outside Leeds/Bradford that make them and sell slightly damaged{but fully functional}at give away prices,because the people that want to pay £3-£5k want a shiny new one that will soon become as the slightly damaged ones after a few naked romps over the cold winter months!.

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by cpys11688
    I don't see where they get that figure for what is really just a large bath!,but i guess as it is aimed mainly at the ''stupid rich'' that are an easy target for ripping off then i'm afraid you'll have to pay it hey.
    although there is a place just outside Leeds/Bradford that make them and sell slightly damaged{but fully functional}at give away prices,because the people that want to pay £3-£5k want a shiny new one that will soon become as the slightly damaged ones after a few naked romps over the cold winter months!.
    do you have a web link or any details please mate?

What I've found is that to be worthwhile, be prepared to spend a lot!
    We are fortunate in that our best friends have a large house in a remote setting with fairly large grounds, and tucked away in a corner of the main garden they have a stand alone sauna & gym building and next to that they have a 10 seat jacuzzi in it's own timber garden building with an opening front, that has a bar running all down one wall with 3 drinks fridges well stocked with beer etc, a very good stereo and controllable lighting.
    It makes a lovely relaxing end to an evening, and being housed, can be used all year round without any problems.
    If I had the money and the space I'd copy it in a flash 8)

Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by cpys11688
    do you have a web link or any details please mate?
    Sorry mate only been a few times when i worked for a plumbers merchants 8 yrs ago,they had loads for sale at give away money.