closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: CWC RN auto divers watch - bezel query - can anyone advise?

CWC RN auto divers watch - bezel query - can anyone advise?

I have recently purchased a new CWC auto RN divers watch. This is a great watch but I do have a concern regarding the luminous 'dot' on the bezel.
    This luminous 'dot' is slightly recessed into the bezel (presumably for protection) but does not seem to have any protective coating applied to it (it is matt looking in texture). Other dive watches I own have a varnish type coating on them by way of protection. Do I have anything to worry about in terms of the longevity of this luminous dot? Any advice would be greatly appreciated as would anyones experiences with any aspect of these watches as the build quality overall and price seems very good.
    Thanks

Hello and welcome to the forum.I have a CWC diver, the quartz version and the luminous pip on the bezel is exactly as you describe it.My watch is @4 years old and all of the lume , including the pip is still glowing brightly. I don't think that the recessed lume will take any harm, and even if it did it is an easy job to have it re-done.I'm sure subsequent replies will advise on applying a dot of varnish or something to protect the lume. I wear mine on a Nato which I have cut the extra piece off as I find the watch sits lower , feels more comfy and looks neater..Regards, MAGIRUS.
    F.T.F.A.

Thanks for the reply

How does it fare when swimming/showering etc? As the dot/pip is not protected with any form of coating is there a risk of it softening when exposed to water? Also without a protective coating will it be more prone to soiling?
    Thanks

Craftsman

Re: Thanks for the reply

Quote Originally Posted by ODP
    How does it fare when swimming/showering etc? As the dot/pip is not protected with any form of coating is there a risk of it softening when exposed to water? Also without a protective coating will it be more prone to soiling?
    Thanks
    I think you'll find it is manufactured for use as a 'professional' military dive watch, so one would hope that it would withstand more abuse than just swimming/showering :lol:
    Mine has not got the 'pip' it is the older style bezel

Master
    Blog Entries

Re CWC pip

The luminouus media is probably a water proofed type. I know some of the lume paint I use is waterproof, you don't need to apply varnish.

Bry

It's possible that the "pip" is a resin/luminous mix and doesn't need any further protection.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".