closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Just back from Hong Kong......

Just back from Hong Kong......

Everytime I go I am just amazed at the number of watch shops there are crammed in a small place but this time round I was very disappointed with the relatively high prices due to the weaker pound. An Omega Planet Ocean was around 28000HKD (about £2300) which is about retail here. Last time I was there, 2 years ago, I could have got the old style Tudor Chronograph for about £900 all day. Now I was seeing second hand ones for between £1500-£2500.

Camera equipment didn't fare much better. I was looking for a Panasonic LX3 but some shops were about £100 dearer than UK and the ones that were UK priced are probably grey imports without an international guarantee.

So shopping wise it was pretty uneventful, just came away with some handbags for the other half.

Re: Just back from Hong Kong......

Thanks for the update rgee. The £ is a pain when traveling.

I'm also heading there in a month, looking for Panerai straps - did you happen to see good quality straps there?

Cheers.

I'm also heading there in a month, looking for Panerai straps - did you happen to see good quality straps there?
    Why go all the way to Hong Kong for good Panerai straps when you need look no further than our very own Toshi!

Why go all the way to Hong Kong for good Panerai straps when you need look no further than our very own Toshi!
    I missed out on Toshi's last offering, I might do a search and see how I go :)

Quote Originally Posted by nate

I missed out on Toshi's last offering, I might do a search and see how I go :)
    Spec your own here - http://www.toshi-straps.co.uk/

You'll end up doing it eventually, even (especially :D ) if you pick up one of his samples when a batch hit SC...

Was there just after Christmas and the number of watch outlets are amazing.......just a shame they were so expensive and like you said the weak pound does not help. I managed to get better prices in the UK after discounts...and my VAT contribution should help pay off some of this country's debt...or some dodge benfit frausters.

I was there in October and the manager of one AD just told me straight out not to bother buying from him. "We all go to London to do our shopping," he said... Vintage prices are a bit softer though as everyone just wants the latest, blingest thing...

Great city though. Get a foot massage.

Foot massage :thumbright: I can vouch for that....after all that walking