closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Dilema

Master

Dilema

Got a bit of a dilema, and am after peoples thoughts, it's my 30th soon, and I can either get a lower end of the mid range watch from a smaller player intime for my birthday and it will be personalised (names being engraved etc) or wait until later in the year and get one of my grail's probaby a sub.
    so which would you choose?

Master
    Blog Entries

Re: Dilema

Quote Originally Posted by bloater
    Got a bit of a dilema, and am after peoples thoughts, it's my 30th soon, and I can either get a lower end of the mid range watch from a smaller player intime for my birthday and it will be personalised (names being engraved etc) or wait until later in the year and get one of my grail's probaby a sub.
    so which would you choose?

Wait for what you really want :)

Wait and get the grail theres always your 40th

Blog Entries

If your grail is the SUb, just sit it out.
    If you like the other choice just as much, go for that one, saves you a few bob as well :)

Cheers,

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Master

Subbie Subbie Sub Sub. No question. 30th is a big deal and you'll be holding onto it, so might as well get a classic. Also worth considering that the Sub (in its current configuration and price range) is likely to be discontinued this year, so you should possibly try to get one ordered soon.

Always go for the one you want is my advice even if it means saving up a bit more :wink: .

But now you've called the Sub your grail its now cursed and you will flip it a few weeks later :lol:

Btw can't resist, Dilemma :D

Depends how important you think turning 30 is. If it's a big milestone for you then something to remember the event is worth thinging about.

If it was me I'd save up for a watch I really wanted. Engraving etc not really my thing mind.
    The only watch I have that is engraved is the Longines given to my grandfather when he retired. :)

Grand Master

Go for the Sub and wait, or buy second hand.

As for engraving....my strong advice is DON'T!. You are seriously devaluing the watch by doing so.

Paul

Master

Look in the mirror, and ask yourself; "What do I deserve?.. Am I entitled to the best?"

Then save up for your grail.

Mike.

Master

the most expensive watch you buy is the one you bought, that you didnt really want

I would also sit it out

No question about it: hold out for the Sub.

As Johnny Logan used to say "What's another year?".

That's a terrible predicament, you were right to consult with your fellow WISes :D

If I were you, I'd buy a PRS-3 non-LE (or another of our host's offerings) to commemorate my 30th and forego the engraving. They're all excellent watches and none of them will make much of a dent in your Sub savings 8)

Cheers

Stern

Master

Get the engraved one to mark your birthday :thumbright:

Subs aren't going away so you can take your time & wait for a bargain in SC :mrgreen:

Save for the Sub and don't get it engraved - I think you'll remember what you bought it for when you look at it ;)

Get the mid range watch, get it engraved. You are hardly going to flip a 30th b/day pressie especially with sentimental value. Then you have a good watch , put the grail off for another year, you might well find it is a different make.

Master

The sub wouldn't be engraved, but it would be a keeper, as it would be partly funded by the wife and kid's and my parents.
    As for getting something cheaper to tide me over, I've already seen to that :wink: just don't tell the wife :blackeye: got my first G-shock on order and will be buying something from eddie in the next couple of weeks (with the funds from the xmas draw 8) )
    If I wait for the sub it was looking at the end of this year before I could buy it, but due to a phone call, and a bit of the bloater charm on tuesday at 12.15 it may be within my grasp alot quicker which would make it an easy choice, of waiting a couple of months and getting the sub.
    The problem is I want both :? errm maybe ......

Master
    Blog Entries

Out of interest, what is the 'other' watch?

Master

I was looking at one of the offerings from Schuhren.
    But talking to the wife she says hold out for the sub, as it's what I really want, plus she prefers the look of the sub

Get the Sub and engrave the back if you wish. If it's a present resale won't matter. And if it does you can always get a new case back.

Chris