closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
View RSS Feed

MarkR's Blog

Today's watch: Vintage Uno sub-seconds

Rating: 5 votes, 4.20 average.

Today we have a 1960s Uno with a seconds subial. This Swiss Made watch has a gold plated (or at least gold colour) case and a rather lovely patinated dial. The dial looks to have originally had a silvery/creamy colour and has aged with what looks like a pale gold-like sheen which complements the case and gold colour numerals/hour markers. The hands too are a gold colour but they have rusted a little, although it doesn't diminish the overall pleasant effect. One feature I like is the large subial for the second hand. Most watches of this era tended to have smaller subdials in my experience.

If all of the above sounds a bit tacky then I realise that this watch probably wouldn't suit everyone but it nevertheless appeals to me.

Until I measured the watch just now, I didn't realise how small it is! It's only 33.6mm diameter (excluding crown). Despite my enjoyment of large watches by today's standards, this one does not feel too small. In fact I thought it would be around 38mm.

The watch keeps good time and has a good power reserve. I wear the watch on a modern burgundy leather strap which really suits the gold colour scheme.

This blog is a bit short but there's really not much to say about this watch, other than that it's a nice, vintage, middle of the road, manual wind, Swiss, classic piece.

Enjoy the pictures.

Specs:
  • Model: Uno, vintage, seconds subdial.
  • Genre: Dress watch.
  • Movement: Unknown Swiss manual wind.
  • Hours, minutes, sub-seconds.
  • Push in crown at 3.
  • Lume: None.
  • Water resistance: "Water Protected".
  • Domed acrylic crystal.
  • Base metal case, stainless steel case back.
  • Strap: Modern burgundy leather strap.
  • Diameter (excluding crown): 33.6mm
  • Diameter (including crown): 35.9mm
  • Height: 9.5mm
  • Lug tip-to-lug tip length: 41.3mm
  • Lug width: 17mm
  • Strap/bracelet attachment: Spring bars.
  • Weight (on bracelet): 33g

Updated 17th November 2012 at 02:00 by markrlondon (Added text and pictures)

Categories
MarkR's Blog ,

Comments

Pictures and text finally posted. Sorry for delay.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information