closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
View RSS Feed

~dadam02~

New Incoming: The names Bond, James Bond...

Rate this Entry
Seems buying watches are like waiting for buses, you spend ages waiting for one then two come along together. Having just made space in the watch box for an AP Jumbo, this has now arrived and so the fun continues. So what is it? Well it's a blue dialled Omega Aqua Terra, commonly referred to as the 'Skyfall' AT on account of it featuring in the Bond film of the same name (although the keen eyed amongst you will know that Daniel Craig wore the smaller 38.5mm version). The model reference 231.10.42.21.03.001 comes with 41.5mm diameter case and has the trademark vertically textured teak dial. It comes up a little bloated in terms of thickness, at 13mm, due to the in-house caliber 8500 movement. Saying that, however, it’s still incredibly wearable and very comfortable on the wrist. A few more details:

Movement: in-house caliber 8500 with co-axial escapement
Power reserve: 60 hours
Water resistant: 150m

So is the Aqua Terra a sports or dress watch? In my opinion, it’s both and neither. Quite frankly it can be worn with anything, dressed up with a suit or down with jeans - it really is so versatile. The blue of the dial is a sight to behold, in different lights the colour changing from a dark blue almost black shade to a bright blue that really pops - it has to be seen in the flesh. I’m going to keep this short so to finish off what does this mean….well arguably this has to be one of the best bang for buck watches out there. Robustly built piece with a fantastic in-house movement, it really is a beauty.

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Do Not Sell My Personal Information