closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Today's watch: Sea-Gull M177S

Next out of the watch box today was another JLC clone, this time a homage to the Master Control. This is the rather lovely Sea-Gull M177S. Catchy name, eh?

It's a little difficult to know what to say about this watch, other than that it's (mostly) just right. Dial is an irridescent silver grey, blue second hand looks goodsize is right (40mm), not too light, not too heavy, it does the job. I said ...

Updated 4th November 2012 at 22:22 by markrlondon (Added pictures)

Categories
    MarkR's Blog , Today's Watch
  2. Today's watch: Seiko Superior SKZ283K1 7S36-04G0 Star Monster (for yesterday)

I initially felt like a vintagey dress watch today but ended up putting a diver on my wrist: A member of the 'Superior' range from Seiko, a 'Star Monster'. The Star Monster (also known as 'Starfish Monster') comes into the same price/quality bracket as the venerable Monster, SKX007/009, Spork and Stargate.

A quick note about the Superior range: They seem to be one cut above the Seiko 5 so they're ...

Updated 13th November 2012 at 20:44 by markrlondon (Added pics; fix typo.)

Categories
  3. Today's watch: Seiko 5 7009-8150, silver white dial

Another one of my faves. Wait, what!? A Seiko 5? A favourite? Yup, it's a lovely, smart-looking watch that I think looks much classier than "Seiko 5" often suggests.

I got this some time ago from eBay I think and I recall it was really dirty, on a metal bracelet with ill-fitting end pieces, and a scratched acrylic. At first I wasn't sure what to do with it (I think I bought it as part ...

Updated 7th November 2012 at 03:02 by markrlondon (Fixed typo; fixed erroneous production date.)

Categories
    Today's Watch , MarkR's Blog
  4. Today's watch: Benarus Moray Series 3, black sunbrushed dial, sand blasted case

Today's watch is one of my favourites: A Benarus Moray, series 3, with black sunbrushed dial and sand blasted case, on brown leather strap. I find I can stare at this watch a lot... there is something very satisfying, very aesthetically pleasing, about it's size and design. Benarus seem to have got it just right in my opinion.

The bezel is very easy to grip and is spot on the 12 marker in its defualt ...

Updated 1st November 2012 at 05:48 by markrlondon (Typo fix)

Categories
  5. Yesterday's and the day before's watches: Luch 2209 red dial and Vintage Oris

Just a quick catch up for yesterday (20121030) and the day before yesterday (20121029).

For yesterday I wore a vontage Oris (1950s or 1960s I think) with a seconds subdial. A very smart little watch that was services by the previous owner and is now in excellent condition.

For the day before yesterday I wore a 1980s (probably) Luch 2209 with red iridescent dial. I bought two Luch 2209s a little while back: A white dial and this red dial. In the end I let the white dial ...

Updated 1st November 2012 at 02:59 by markrlondon

Categories
Page 74 of 78 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 ... LastLast

Do Not Sell My Personal Information