closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
View RSS Feed

Most Popular Blogs

1. Frying pan/ skillet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    WTAF is that cast iron had done to it? Turning food over with a hammer & chisel, or using it to chop wood in? lol.

That is not a nice build of up seasoning, that’s just layers of crud. Should be smooth and hopefully a little sheen to it.

It’s all out the pan and up the handles too. Other views may vary but I’d be salt scrubbing the hell out of that and starting again. My cast iron egg grills have a better finish.
    I know non stick has it's concerns ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Today's watch: Seiko Spirit SCVS003 6R15-00A0

Today we have a Seiko Spirit, specifically a SCVS003. This is the black dial version with the hacking and handwinding 6R15 movement and the sort-of Jubilee style bracelet.

A short digression about Spirits, SCVSs and SARBs: The SCVS-prefix 6R15-based mechanical Spirits have been discontinued and have been replaced by the SARB-prefix 6R15-based mechanical range. The SARBs are listed by Seiko Japan ...

Updated 17th November 2012 at 03:04 by markrlondon (Fixed typos)

Categories
    MarkR's Blog , Today's Watch
  3. Today's watch: Seiko 5 7009-8150, silver white dial

Another one of my faves. Wait, what!? A Seiko 5? A favourite? Yup, it's a lovely, smart-looking watch that I think looks much classier than "Seiko 5" often suggests.

I got this some time ago from eBay I think and I recall it was really dirty, on a metal bracelet with ill-fitting end pieces, and a scratched acrylic. At first I wasn't sure what to do with it (I think I bought it as part ...

Updated 7th November 2012 at 03:02 by markrlondon (Fixed typo; fixed erroneous production date.)

Categories
  4. Today's watch: Vintage Uno sub-seconds

Today we have a 1960s Uno with a seconds subial. This Swiss Made watch has a gold plated (or at least gold colour) case and a rather lovely patinated dial. The dial looks to have originally had a silvery/creamy colour and has aged with what looks like a pale gold-like sheen which complements the case and gold colour numerals/hour markers. The hands too are a gold colour but they have rusted a little, although ...

Updated 17th November 2012 at 02:00 by markrlondon (Added text and pictures)

Categories
  5. Oh, isn't this cool...

I'm not what you'd call a great blogger but this is kind of cool. I wonder if anyone else will keep a blog here. :-)

Updated 1st November 2012 at 03:00 by markrlondon

Categories
    MarkR's Blog , Miscellaneous
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Do Not Sell My Personal Information