closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Individual pushers or crown wind only for perpetual calendars - that is the question

Learningtofly posted a wonderful post, with beautiful pictures as ever, about his new JLC Master Perpetual Calendar. This watch uses the Jaeger LeCoultre Calibre 889/440/2 movement whose perpetual calendar complication is based on IWC's perpetual calendar module. Rather than using individual pushers to set each complication separately, this design has to have the complications set and synchronsed by a watchmaker. All alterations are then carried out via the crown (on IWC watches) or an all-complications-day-advance ...

Updated 16th November 2012 at 00:43 by markrlondon (Fixed typos)

Categories
    MarkR's Blog , Miscellaneous
  2. Today's watch: Seiko Spirit SCVS003 6R15-00A0

What, how boring is this? You waited all this time for me to upload something worth reading here and I wore the same watch two days in a row. Yup, sometimes I do that. Sorry for the disappointment. I'm sure I'll wear something different tomorrow.

Link to yesterday's blog: http://forum.tz-uk.com/entry.php?39

Updated 14th November 2012 at 03:48 by markrlondon (Added text)

Categories
    MarkR's Blog , Today's Watch
  3. Today's watch: Seiko Spirit SCVS003 6R15-00A0

Today we have a Seiko Spirit, specifically a SCVS003. This is the black dial version with the hacking and handwinding 6R15 movement and the sort-of Jubilee style bracelet.

A short digression about Spirits, SCVSs and SARBs: The SCVS-prefix 6R15-based mechanical Spirits have been discontinued and have been replaced by the SARB-prefix 6R15-based mechanical range. The SARBs are listed by Seiko Japan ...

Updated 17th November 2012 at 03:04 by markrlondon (Fixed typos)

Categories
    Today's Watch , MarkR's Blog
  4. Today's watch: West End Sowar Prima day-date homage

A step forward in time compared to yesterday's Bell-Matic, but not as up to date as the Proteus from the day before: A West End Sowar Prima day-date homage.

I rather suspect this will not be to everyone's taste. Quite a few people dislike homages, especially Rolex homages, they often dislike diamonds even more, and they really hate cyclopes[1]. Well, that's what we've got here. (Except the 'diamonds' ...

Updated 25th October 2013 at 19:44 by markrlondon

Categories
  5. Today's watch: Seiko Bell-Matic 4006-6037 gold plated case, brown dial

Today we have a step back in time from yesterday's Proteus: A Seiko Bell-Matic from 1972. Now, I know that gold isn't very popular but I think this is a lovely looking watch. The brown dial could be a bit boring but when worn on a brown leather strap I think the combination is aesthetically very pleasing.

I have a bit of a thing for Bell-Matics and have a few in my collection. Although Bell-Matic ...

Updated 12th November 2012 at 03:14 by markrlondon (Added text and pictures; fixed typos and incorrect full size image links)

Categories
Page 72 of 78 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast

Do Not Sell My Personal Information