closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
View RSS Feed

marcus fenix

1. A Cartier, and a much overdue service by Brendan Hoey

Quote Originally Posted by marcus fenix View Post
    About a year ago I picked up a watch I'd been after for a long time, a Cartier Santos 100 in large size. As these only crop up about once or twice a year on SC I'd had to track one down via Chrono24. It was one of the original anniversary models with engraved case back (1904-2004), full set, and while it looked in decent nick outside it was running 10s a day slow. Normally I wouldn't tolerate that but I soon got in to the habit of setting it a minute fast, then by the end of the working week
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. B-1 Battery change and set up

The B1/Airwolf is a very easy watch to change the battery on due to the large size of the battery and lack of any complicated securing mechanism on the battery. But if you're going to do it yourself be 100% sure of your abilities because a new module is nearly £800.

What you will need (I also use a case holder for this type of work):

Caseback opener needs to be the right size for the B1, that
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Sterile PAM homages.

One from Getat (siswatch727 linked above), custom built to my spec for about £100.

General fit and finish is excellent. The strap is custom made from Frankie Tso.

Being a 'base' model the canon pinon is the correct height, you'll find on most with seconds hands that the canon pinion is too low.

Tags: 1'", 1axa7a? Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Seiko 7A38 restoration

I bought this 7A38 7270 soon after I started work in 1987. Used it daily for 10 years, then sporadically for 2 years. At that point it was in a sorry state and I tossed it in a drawer. The mineral crystal was heavily scratched, one pusher was jammed in and the other two were really sticky, there was slight condensation inside with marking on the dial, and the bracelet was stretched, gunged up and heavily scratched.

When I came across it recently, googled it and found they were a
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. 28 Days Later

Been wearing this watch for the past 28 days, apart from the odd day here and there when I wore something else for a change. It was set to the correct time at the beginning and this pic was taken this afternoon. Not bad for a base 2824, as delivered by Archimede (no further regulation) :)

I really like this watch. Fit and finish is very good. I particularly like how the lume is squared off. Some people don't
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do Not Sell My Personal Information