closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
View RSS Feed

MarkR's Blog

1. Today's watch: Seiko Spirit SCVS003 6R15-00A0

What, how boring is this? You waited all this time for me to upload something worth reading here and I wore the same watch two days in a row. Yup, sometimes I do that. Sorry for the disappointment. I'm sure I'll wear something different tomorrow.

Link to yesterday's blog: http://forum.tz-uk.com/entry.php?39

Updated 14th November 2012 at 03:48 by markrlondon (Added text)

Categories
    MarkR's Blog , Today's Watch
  2. Today's watch: Seiko Spirit SCVS003 6R15-00A0

Today we have a Seiko Spirit, specifically a SCVS003. This is the black dial version with the hacking and handwinding 6R15 movement and the sort-of Jubilee style bracelet.

A short digression about Spirits, SCVSs and SARBs: The SCVS-prefix 6R15-based mechanical Spirits have been discontinued and have been replaced by the SARB-prefix 6R15-based mechanical range. The SARBs are listed by Seiko Japan ...

Updated 17th November 2012 at 03:04 by markrlondon (Fixed typos)

Categories
  3. Today's watch: West End Sowar Prima day-date homage

A step forward in time compared to yesterday's Bell-Matic, but not as up to date as the Proteus from the day before: A West End Sowar Prima day-date homage.

I rather suspect this will not be to everyone's taste. Quite a few people dislike homages, especially Rolex homages, they often dislike diamonds even more, and they really hate cyclopes[1]. Well, that's what we've got here. (Except the 'diamonds' ...

Updated 25th October 2013 at 19:44 by markrlondon

Categories
  4. Today's watch: Seiko Bell-Matic 4006-6037 gold plated case, brown dial

Today we have a step back in time from yesterday's Proteus: A Seiko Bell-Matic from 1972. Now, I know that gold isn't very popular but I think this is a lovely looking watch. The brown dial could be a bit boring but when worn on a brown leather strap I think the combination is aesthetically very pleasing.

I have a bit of a thing for Bell-Matics and have a few in my collection. Although Bell-Matic ...

Updated 12th November 2012 at 03:14 by markrlondon (Added text and pictures; fixed typos and incorrect full size image links)

Categories
  5. Today's watch: Steinhart Proteus (Watchuseek Special Edition)

Today is a watch that always makes me smile... grin, actually... when I put it on. To be absolutely honest it's absurdly big and (slightly) functionally challenged (more of which below), but I love it nonetheless. It's a Steinhart Proteus, a Watchuseek/Steinhart special edition from 2010/2011.

See my initial post with plenty of pics from February 2011: http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?154577 ...

Updated 25th October 2013 at 19:49 by markrlondon

Categories
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Do Not Sell My Personal Information