closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
View RSS Feed

MarkR's Blog

1. Today's watch: West End Sowar Prima day-date homage

A step forward in time compared to yesterday's Bell-Matic, but not as up to date as the Proteus from the day before: A West End Sowar Prima day-date homage.

I rather suspect this will not be to everyone's taste. Quite a few people dislike homages, especially Rolex homages, they often dislike diamonds even more, and they really hate cyclopes[1]. Well, that's what we've got here. (Except the 'diamonds' ...

Updated 25th October 2013 at 19:44 by markrlondon

Categories
    MarkR's Blog , Today's Watch
  2. Today's watch: Steinhart Proteus (Watchuseek Special Edition)

Today is a watch that always makes me smile... grin, actually... when I put it on. To be absolutely honest it's absurdly big and (slightly) functionally challenged (more of which below), but I love it nonetheless. It's a Steinhart Proteus, a Watchuseek/Steinhart special edition from 2010/2011.

See my initial post with plenty of pics from February 2011: http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?154577 ...

Updated 25th October 2013 at 19:49 by markrlondon

Categories
  3. Today's watch: ПОБEДА (Pobeda) blue dial manual wind

This is an unusual watch for me as it is particularly dressy. I don't usually do very dressy, somehow 'delicate' looking, watches like this one. And yet here it is, here I am wearing it, and I don't plan on selling it.

I bought this as NOS, if I remember correctly, from mitadoc on TWF and I fell in love with it the moment I saw it in his advert. It was mainly the lovely blue dial that caught my ...

Updated 9th November 2012 at 18:46 by markrlondon (Added text and pictures)

Categories
  4. Today's watch: Vintage Sackville

Today's watch is something a bit different. In a world where a five year old watch is called "vintage", this one really is vintage. It's a 1920s (I think 1920s although could be later, anyone have any clues?) Sackville in a brass cushion-style case which is rolled gold plated and with wire lugs.

This watch is tiny for a man's watch by today's standards (30mm diameter); many modern women's ...

Updated 11th November 2012 at 01:22 by markrlondon (Fix typo, additional info)

Categories
    Today's Watch , MarkR's Blog
  5. Today's watch: Precista PRS-10

Today's watch is a Precista PRS-10, Timefactors' 'improved homage' to the CWC G10. This is a visually plain watch, the sort that would not usually appeal to me and yet the total package of the PRS-10 does appeal, and very much so.

The case is pleasantly weighty for a small watch (small by today's standards, anyway), the acrylic feels substantial and seems to add some kind of intangible value (yes, ...

Updated 6th November 2012 at 21:23 by markrlondon

Categories
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Do Not Sell My Personal Information