closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Blog Comments

One day, one day...

I hope no one has been holding their breath for this article.
    Great write-up of a nice looking watch Mark. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon
    And a closeup of the crown. Posted here since the main post had the maximum number of pictures.
    Yes, posting a pic of a rather plain crown is a bit odd but a) I liked the shape of the case and the crown and the pusher, and b) I was pleased with the closeup without glare (well, without much glare).

Still need more light and a lighter, whiter background, though.
    And a closeup of the crown. Posted here since the main post had the maximum number of pictures.

Pictures and text have been added.
    And a comparison with a Grand Seiko from Tommie85 (with better close up photo than my own)...

Quote Originally Posted by Tommie85 View Post
    Glad I have got this one!

Pictures and text finally posted. Sorry for delay.
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly
    We do, Mark
    Thanks. :-)
    We do, Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly
    Have you ever needed to re-synchronise yours or do you keep it on a winder?
    No watch winder here unfortunately. I wear the Louis Erard in rotation amongst other in my collection so it's always wound down when I come to it. That means either winding it on X number of days (assuming I left it set correctly) as I'd have to do with the IWC or manually resetting each complication. In practice, because winding it on for more than a few days seems potentially harmful (it really does get surprisingly hot) and beause it is very, very tedious, I choose to manually reset the complications using the respective pushers. Manually resetting the day, date and month by the pushers is very quick and easy; I tend to skip setting the moon phase simply because it's not important to me.

In short, the IWC method of only being able to control everything in sync via the crown is less of a feature and more of a limitation in my opinion. I'd still like an IWC perpetual calendar if I could afford one but I know it would annoy me and I'd have to keep it on a watchwinder to prevent it driving me nuts. I think the way that JLC have done it with a single 'advance-in-sync' pusher is likely to be slightly less annoying than having to turn the crown but best of all really has to be separate pushers for the complications (which is the method Blancpain and no doubt others) use. Separate pushers simply provides greatest flexibility and reassurance.
    An interesting quandary, Mark, and I dare say that both have their advantages and disadvantages. On balance I think I prefer the solution offered by IWC's design but I'll probably never have the opportunity to compare the alternative "in the field".

Have you ever needed to re-synchronise yours or do you keep it on a winder?
    I've added text and pictures. Hope you like them, loyal readers.
    I've added text and pictures now. Apologies once again for the delay.
    I've added text and pictures. Sorry for the delay!
    Apologies for the delay on this one! Text and pictures now uploaded.
    +1.
    Opps not the done thing and I do not know you, so no joke about wrist size from me.
    On the topic of straps I find that the G shock resin straps are on occasion a little uncomfortable. Most likely a function of wrist size, in my case lets just call it "challenged".
    Quote Originally Posted by seikopath
    nice blog fatty
    Thanks, I think.
    nice blog fatty
    I've now added the pictures which I didn't get around to doing yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottishtrunkmonkey
    erm, where?
    Where? By "here" I meant in the blogs section of this software. We all have (initially empty) blogs that we can post to.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do Not Sell My Personal Information