closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Carnivore Diet

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    .....but they all eventually get loaded onto lorries and sent to slaughter....
    I hate seeing lorries packed with livestock, hypocritical of me as I am a meateater I know.
    When I was a teenager I often worked weekends at a local farm. A local butcher would come round several times a year and he would butcher sheep and pigs in one of the barns. I often helped him, the deaths were quick and painless but would sound very gruesome if I described them. But the main thing for me was, the animals travelled on foot from their fields, on land they knew, to a barn they were familiar with, and weren't aware of anything going on until the last moment. Them being crammed onto lorries and all that ensues is difficult to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    I hate seeing lorries packed with livestock, hypocritical of me as I am a meateater I know.
    When I was a teenager I often worked weekends at a local farm. A local butcher would come round several times a year and he would butcher sheep and pigs in one of the barns. I often helped him, the deaths were quick and painless but would sound very gruesome if I described them. But the main thing for me was, the animals travelled on foot from their fields, on land they knew, to a barn they were familiar with, and weren't aware of anything going on until the last moment. Them being crammed onto lorries and all that ensues is difficult to think about.
    I passed a lorry full of lambs today all pack in like sardines. Poor buggers.

I've no issue with the humane killing you describe.

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    I passed a lorry full of lambs today all pack in like sardines. Poor buggers.

I've no issue with the humane killing you describe.
    The more I'm thinking about it now, the more heartbreaking it is.