Just arrived today from Watchfinder, I did a p/x with them and got a brilliant deal on the p/x and managed to get a small £500 discount on the Daytona. Had to chop a lot of watches to get this one but I feel its worth it. I'm now down to just 5 watches, 3 of which were gifts so I would never sell them, at its worst I was probably around 20 watches which in truth wasn't as fun as it should have been. This acquisition definitely falls in the grail category!

I really miss my old steel Daytona but no chance in hell i'm paying double what I paid and so high over list. Got me looking at Daytona's and came to think that for the price of a new steel cermaic Daytona from a grey dealer you could get a used PM one so why not?

If you've ever had or worn a gold watch you will know they just feel great and a bit special due to the weight. Downside is they mark up very easily and the metal is a bit softer. The dial on this one at a stretch could be called a Paul Newman dial but in light regard, I really love the combo and it almost feels a but vintage in look. The red accents are a nice touch on the lettering and seconds hand. It is around 6 years old and it great condition, quite a few swirlies but i'm not one for polishing watches up.

40mm Rolex wears great and as large as I would want to go.

Excuse the pictures as they are poor and the watch was grubby at the time, its since had a good bath to clean it up.

Hope you enjoyed the quick read.

Cheers

James

Untitled by Watch Bum, on Flickr