closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Would some explain deployment clasps please

Master

Would some explain deployment clasps please

I have some deployment clasps, but I'm still not clear about the different types. Specifically, are deployment claps for a steel bracelet different to those for leather? And, can a deployment clasp just replace a buckle on a leather strap or is a different strap needed?

thanks for explaining!

There are many different designs of deployant, some designed for bracelets and others for straps.

Generally they are not interchangeable*. Leather straps are usually designed for either pin buckle or deployant not both but it may be possible to make one fit the other.

*Rubber B make rubber straps fir Rolex watches which use the deployant clasp from the bracelet. Others may do the same.

I can answer part of your question. I've swapped one of my deployant clasps onto several different leather straps. They were all standard straps - just take the buckle off using a strap changing tool (or screwdriver etc. as appropriate) and replace with the deployant.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    There are many different designs of deployant, some designed for bracelets and others for straps.

Generally they are not interchangeable*. Leather straps are usually designed for either pin buckle or deployant not both but it may be possible to make one fit the other.

*Rubber B make rubber straps fir Rolex watches which use the deployant clasp from the bracelet. Others may do the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by alfat33 View Post
    I can answer part of your question. I've swapped one of my deployant clasps onto several different leather straps. They were all standard straps - just take the buckle off using a strap changing tool (or screwdriver etc. as appropriate) and replace with the deployant.

Thanks, that's two questions answered already - one query I had was around Rubber B - so these straps are specifically designed to fit the Rolex deployment? So In this instance I would remove the deplyment from the Rolx and fit it to the Rubber B?

And, for the second, was this a specific type of deployment clasp?

Quote Originally Posted by berin View Post
    Thanks, that's two questions answered already - one query I had was around Rubber B - so these straps are specifically designed to fit the Rolex deployment? So In this instance I would remove the deplyment from the Rolx and fit it to the Rubber B?

And, for the second, was this a specific type of deployment clasp?
    Just in case you missed it from the others guys posts the word is 'deployant', not deployment.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Just in case you missed it from the others guys posts the word is 'deployant', not deployment.

Thanks for pointing that out. - to be fair to me, I've seen both used:

https://www.watchobsession.co.uk/col...es-deployments

http://www.thestrapshop.co.uk/pages/access/deploy.html

http://gevrilgroup.com/watchrepair/d...-watch-buckle/

Is there some context here I'm missing?

I don't think you are missing anything. Deployment seems to have become a common anglicisation of déployant. Grammatically slightly different, both with the same root. I wouldn't worry about it - if you start down that slippery slope the next step is 'rehaut'.