closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: England Squad. OPTIMISTIC thread.

England Squad. OPTIMISTIC thread.

Ok guys heard and looked at the squad. And I’m pleased. Not saying we are gonna win it and the like. But looked at it and for once I can see a manager that has picked on form rather than this name has to be here.

So guys on the squad we have as well as the stand by players let’s have an optimistic viewpoint!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ENGLAND WILL WIN THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

WOW! IS THIS WHAT OPTIMISM FEELS LIKE! YEAH!!!!

Am I doing it right ?

Can it just be over quickly please?
    Then things can get back to normal.

(Premier League fixtures released June 14th with first matches Aug 11th)

Blog Entries
    I’m omptomistic that the two LCFC lads won’t be over tired or overwhelmed by the occasion as they won’t be selected above inferior options

Fly Goalie
    Back two of Walker and Stones
    Delph on his own in midfield and Razzer solo, banging them in up top.
    That should get us to the semis .

I'm always optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    Can it just be over quickly please?
    Then things can get back to normal.

(Premier League fixtures released June 14th with first matches Aug 11th)
    Ideally past the group stages so we can watch some decent games in the pub.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    I’m omptomistic that the two LCFC lads won’t be over tired or overwhelmed by the occasion as they won’t be selected above inferior options
    There was a lot of talk on this on talksport regarding having one striker or two. The general opinion being that it should be Kane with Vardy as a sub. That being the case its hard not to pick Kane as first choice considering his goal scoring this season though I suppose it all depends on what formation England play in.

The other main topic driving into work today was predictions from the group stages, win one draw one lose one was the consensus.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    There was a lot of talk on this on talksport regarding having one striker or two. The general opinion being that it should be Kane with Vardy as a sub. That being the case its hard not to pick Kane as first choice considering his goal scoring this season though I suppose it all depends on what formation England play in.

The other main topic driving into work today was predictions from the group stages, win one draw one lose one was the consensus.
    Vardy has always done well for England, but, I even I wouldn’t suggest he should be ahead of Kane..!

They’ll play one striker and Vardy for impact...

Personally I think its impossible to predict where England will finish I don't think its lack of quality players when you look at the players we have they all put a shift in for their teams I have always felt it may be more simply a lack of togetherness really working as a team and a real pride in playing for England. You look at countries from Portugal to Argentina and there seems to be a real pride in playing for their country. Say what you will about Ronaldo but he does seem to put a real shift in when he puts on his national colours and players who may otherwise be mid table players play with a togetherness that stronger teams may not have, bit like a Burnley on an international stage.

The only thing that does concern me is we always seem to have one player who has a head wobble in major tournaments and Dele Alli seems to be one who is partial to letting the red mist take over.

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post

See, I’d start with Kane against Panama and Tunisia but come the Belgium game where we are less likely to see as much of the ball and likely to be more on the counter attack I would be tempted to start Vardy. As his pace is more likely to get in behind. I’d play the horses for courses game there and Vardy is more suited to a counter attacking game.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by woodacre1983 View Post
    Ok guys heard and looked at the squad. And I’m pleased. Not saying we are gonna win it and the like. But looked at it and for once I can see a manager that has picked on form rather than this name has to be here.

So guys on the squad we have as well as the stand by players let’s have an optimistic viewpoint!!
    Totally agree! I think it's great that we are picking players who are in form - it makes a refreshing change. However, even with my optimistic hat on ... getting out of our group is an achievement. This squad is noticeably weaker than the 'golden balls' generation and they could only manage the quarters at their very best!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGeorge View Post
    Totally agree! I think it's great that we are picking players who are in form - it makes a refreshing change. However, even with my optimistic hat on ... getting out of our group is an achievement. This squad is noticeably weaker than the 'golden balls' generation and they could only manage the quarters at their very best!
    I honestly believe the quarters is the best and yet worst we should expect. Even this weaker generation is more than capable of beating Tunisia and panama. And the last 16 is more than beatable...

Master
    Been playing around with predictor websites and no matter which way you cut the scores and results we are more than likely to meet Portugal or Germany at Quarters (the 2 that normally knock us out), the other of that pair in Semi's and if we by some miracle do a Greece (I know that was Euro's) and get to the final then it would be Argentina/Brazil from the other side of the draw.

I'm postive about getting to Quarters....

Master
    The quarters is doable I think. Then the draw gives us teams we normally lose against in tournaments.

I honestly believe the quarters is the best and yet worst we should expect. Even this weaker generation is more than capable of beating Tunisia and panama. And the last 16 is more than beatable...

On the radio they were saying we should beat Tunisia and draw against Panama as they are the big unknown, what worries me is we tend to do badly against teams we are "Supposed to beat" I mean does anyone know anything about either of those two teams? I honestly think we will do better against Belgium a team many "expect" us to lose against but in reality, at least our players know a fair few of them and know what they are up against.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Agreed ! Well done Mr Southgate.

On the plus side, the roads in Peterborough will be quiet whilst the Poland matches are on and I can get some miles in on my pushbike

This tournament will see Loftus-Cheek emerge as the new Gazza, a la Italia ‘90.

That’s me being optimistic.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by j0hnbarker View Post
    This tournament will see Loftus-Cheek emerge as the new Gazza, a la Italia ‘90.

That’s me being optimistic.
    Its you being something…. Optimistic was not the first word that sprung to mind!!!

Optimistic: Not too bad in the first half against Nigeria.

(but when the going gets tough Raheem reverts to form, aimless runs and too easily to ground.)

Maybe it is just me but this year there seems to be zero expectation for the England team.

I find it rather refreshing and I am excited to see how this young team fares. I think it is an adventurous squad and fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by proby24 View Post
    Maybe it is just me but this year there seems to be zero expectation for the England team.

I find it rather refreshing and I am excited to see how this young team fares. I think it is an adventurous squad and fingers crossed!
    Exactly my thoughts although I don’t think there has been much hope since 2006...

I think the Quarters is definitely doable, and if you want to be optimistic the Semis.
    Being pessimistic, as suggested above, how long before Deli Alli goes silly and gets sent off?

Just wondering, if it goes to Pens, can Southgate take one?!

Blog Entries
    At the same time: Germany vs Austria: 1-2. Jürgen Löw was totally unhappy with the performance of every player but Neuer. We all know what this means: Germany will be the next WC... 'Die Mannschaft' will step up at the right time and will overrun all opposition.

Since we're not participating, my support goes to Belgium. Sorry guys (same group as England).

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    Optimistic: Not too bad in the first half against Nigeria.

(but when the going gets tough Raheem reverts to form, aimless runs and too easily to ground.)

Englands best player yesterday and , if he remains fit, will be England's player of the tournament.
    An easy target for folk who can't form their own opinion but need Glenn Hoddle to provide it for them.
    Frankly, I'd be delighted if he just withdrew from the squad.

I really think there are definite grounds for a decent run none of the other powerhouses look particularly threatening but knowing De Manneschaft,they will be there or thereabouts do not discount France as well or as an outside bet,Spain again.For Us i think the Quarters is not beyond the realms of achievability.

Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    At the same time: Germany vs Austria: 1-2. Jürgen Löw was totally unhappy with the performance of every player but Neuer. We all know what this means: Germany will be the next WC... 'Die Mannschaft' will step up at the right time and will overrun all opposition.

Since we're not participating, my support goes to Belgium. Sorry guys (same group as England).
    Who is Jürgen Löw?
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Who is Jürgen Löw?

Bl**dy autocorrect. Joachim

Bl**dy autocorrect. Joachim

I don't like the guy, much prefer Kloppo.

Blog Entries

I don't like the guy, much prefer Kloppo.
    I agree with you on Löw. But he gets things done. I suppose that most big-name trainers are not acting as nice guys. They have to deal with those wealthy snowflakes every day...

I agree with you on Löw. But he gets things done. I suppose that most big-name trainers are not acting as nice guys. They have to deal with those wealthy snowflakes every day...
    He's dropping Sané from the team! Complete bonkers!

Totally crazy . The guy is on fire at the minute.
    Great news for City though.

Can we swap him Welbeck? He was pants when he came on, on Saturday!

Blog Entries
    Mixed reactions in Germany. Lot like the one above. Others comment that Sané never played well when wearing the Mannshaft jersey (can't comment on that, I don't watch Germany play - something with 1974). And how is he as a person / part of a team?

M

Blog Entries

England Fan World Cup 2014 Rant (NSFW)

As the World Cup approaches I felt I had to post this video of a disgruntled England fan at the 2014 World Cup.

So based on what I've seen this is what I think the starting XI should be;

1. Pickford
    2. Walker
    3. Maguire
    4. Cahill
    5. Rose
    6. Sterling
    7. Alli
    8. Henderson
    9. Lingard
    10. Kane
    11. Rashford

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    So based on what I've seen this is what I think the starting XI should be;

1. Pickford
    2. Walker
    3. Maguire
    4. Cahill
    5. Rose
    6. Sterling
    7. Alli
    8. Henderson
    9. Lingard
    10. Kane
    11. Rashford
    What formation/players in position would you use with this?

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Frankly, I'd be delighted if he just withdrew from the squad.

That would be a shame, RS would be a useful understudy for Rashford or Welbeck!

That would be a shame, RS would be a useful understudy for Rashford or Welbeck!

True
    He d still get the blame somehow for Ingerlunds early exit even if he was on the bench .
    Case in point tonight. Rashford scored an absolute belter, then proceeded to give the ball away at more or less every opportunity. End result MOTM 😂😂. Personally, I think Rashford is brilliant . Id actually love to see him at a top team soon but Hoddles fawning over him is cringeworthy.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    True
    He d still get the blame somehow for Ingerlunds early exit even if he was on the bench .
    Case in point tonight. Rashford scored an absolute belter, then proceeded to give the ball away at more or less every opportunity. End result MOTM . Personally, I think Rashford is brilliant . Id actually love to see him at a top team soon but Hoddles fawning over him is cringeworthy.
    Now, being honest about it, I think RS and MR are both pretty bad at losing the ball. Omens are not good. And, I just can’t see United making much progress on City next season, unfortunately. City are settling down nicely, United all over the place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Now, being honest about it, I think RS and MR are both pretty bad at losing the ball. Omens are not good. And, I just can’t see United making much progress on City next season, unfortunately. City are settling down nicely, United all over the place.

Agreed , always say you never know.
    I just struggle with the Raheem hatred. It's blinkered and bordering on ridicule. How dare he leave Loonypool to, you know, win trophies and stuff.
    Personally, Id play him and Rashford together because every time they lose the ball, it'd go to the other one, ergo 100% possession .

Craftsman
    Harry kean golden boot 16/1?

Quote Originally Posted by Dandandanman View Post
    Harry kean golden boot 16/1?
    Terrible odds, not kean on that at all..... he's absolutely no chance.....

It’s an interesting squad this time around, full of youth and pace. I’d play Rashford over Sterling because Sterling goes down too many blind alleys, loses possession too often, can’t cross a ball, doesn’t have any heart to win a 50/50 and misses too many chances.

Henderson isn’t the answer in CM but we’re really weak there so I’d play him as the best of a bad bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    It’s an interesting squad this time around, full of youth and pace. I’d play Rashford over Sterling because Sterling goes down too many blind alleys, loses possession too often, can’t cross a ball, doesn’t have any heart to win a 50/50 and misses too many chances.

Henderson isn’t the answer in CM but we’re really weak there so I’d play him as the best of a bad bunch.
    I still don’t know what the best line up is, there’s debate on goalkeeper, who makes up the back three, the five in midfield and the two up front.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post

With Henderson in CM where would you play Dier? Center Back? I’d play both Henderson and Dier in CM against the bigger sides but Tunisia and Panama you only need one holding midfielder. Personally I’d give that Dier.

Master
    I would have thought from last night Henderson, Rashford, Trent-Alexander, Rose and Macguire would be a good bet for starters. With most likely Trent-Alexander for the dead ball stuff and Rose for being left footed and able to whip the ball in rather than cut back in. Delph did really well too but might suffer from be able to play a number of positions. I'd play Macguire, Cahill and Walker over having Stones as he always seems an expensive sloppy pass mistake in the offing. Vardy got very little chance but with the right oppo or vs a team having to chase a result he would be much more effective. But Kane is a shoe in anyway.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by luckywatch View Post
    I'm always optimistic.

Good man !

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by reecie View Post
    I would have thought from last night Henderson, Rashford, Trent-Alexander, Rose and Macguire would be a good bet for starters. With most likely Trent-Alexander for the dead ball stuff and Rose for being left footed and able to whip the ball in rather than cut back in. Delph did really well too but might suffer from be able to play a number of positions. I'd play Macguire, Cahill and Walker over having Stones as he always seems an expensive sloppy pass mistake in the offing. Vardy got very little chance but with the right oppo or vs a team having to chase a result he would be much more effective. But Kane is a shoe in anyway.
    You speak sense…. Other than the Henderson bit…. Wildly overarated from what I’ve seen…

I don’t like Dier either….

I’d play loftus cheek and????? No clue!