closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Harrods green black bay

Quote Originally Posted by JP Chestnut View Post
    It's a nice looking watch and a much better modern update to the 16610lv than the current green ceramic.

I hope everyone who wants one gets one, and everyone who bought it as an investment loses money.
    Amen to all the above.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Grand Master

I hope everyone who wants one gets one, and everyone who bought it as an investment loses money.
    Such kind and positive wishes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RIAC

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    You always pay the landed/delivery price at the time of delivery.
    Thanks for that, settled that point!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    I'd like one, but only if I could have a weekend in London and get one from Harrods, and enjoy their retail experience. Visiting Hull on a wet Wednesday, and having my pants pulled down over the price doesn't quite have the same appeal.
    Lost my pants in Grimsby once, not a nice experience

Even half a childhood in Hull hadn't prepared me for Grimsby.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Even half a childhood in Hull hadn't prepared me for Grimsby.
    Once you’re acclimatised then head for the ultimate which is Gainsborough.

RIAC

Master
    Blog Entries
    Some of the comments on this thread are quite amusing, where common sense seems to have taken a walk. This is quite a nice watch, and anyone wanting one should get one, as for the comments on this being a 6k watch or at near 5k good value.... then clearly there is more going on and people aren’t silly.

I’m told one of these was very recently available at t3 duty free, so under 2k and they passed as they didn’t like it, which is the right thing to do, let someone else who does have it. I suspect before too long you will be able to get one along with the customary beefeater teddy and green bag, all good stuff really.

Master
    Limited or regular. This watch is just quite nice but a little derivative. Don’t understand the fuss

The reason people want this is because it’s effectively Tudor’s answer to the Rolex Hulk and these have become virtually unobtainable, trading used just shy of £10k. Tudor will stop producing them (much sooner than we imagine) and move onto other things, therefore I fully expect this Harrods version to appreciate quickly and and in a similar fashion to the Hulk. This watch not only has very good investment potential but looks nice as well.

Master

Harrods green black bay

Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    Some of the comments on this thread are quite amusing, where common sense seems to have taken a walk. This is quite a nice watch, and anyone wanting one should get one, as for the comments on this being a 6k watch or at near 5k good value.... then clearly there is more going on and people aren’t silly.

I’m told one of these was very recently available at t3 duty free, so under 2k and they passed as they didn’t like it, which is the right thing to do, let someone else who does have it. I suspect before too long you will be able to get one along with the customary beefeater teddy and green bag, all good stuff really.
    The price is £2630.00 And with harrods you will get £355 back from global blue so the total is £2275! Just fyi which is exactly what i got for mine! Tho i got mine from Harrods and not duty free!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    The price is £2630.00 And with harrods you will get £355 back from global blue so the total is £2275! Just fyi which is exactly what i got for mine! Tho i got mine from Harrods and not duty free!

Thanks for sharing, still not a 6k watch, not limited, despite what’s been said here. So people should be aware these are coming through, don’t get suckered in by the hype machine

Grand Master

Are you not a UK resident?

RIAC

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Are you not a UK resident?

I live in Japan now!

I live in Japan now!

Well I ain’t relocating to Japan just to save £355!

Master

Harrods green black bay

Quote Originally Posted by WHL1882 View Post
    Well I ain’t relocating to Japan just to save £355!

Gutted to miss the NLD however!!!!

Gutted to miss the NLD however!!!!

COYS! 😊

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    Limited or regular. This watch is just quite nice but a little derivative. Don’t understand the fuss

Surely though it’s derivative of its own brand.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark lowman View Post
    Surely though it’s derivative of its own brand.
    It's basically the Tudor version of the 16610LV. It's not very original in any way. That's OK. The original LV's are too expensive for many and the new ceramic version is... not nice looking.

Master

Cool

It's basically the Tudor version of the 16610LV. It's not very original in any way. That's OK. The original LV's are too expensive for many and the new ceramic version is... not nice looking.
    Right see your point. Obviously a lot of people love the ceramics but have to say not to my taste.

Once you’re acclimatised then head for the ultimate which is Gainsborough.

Gainsborough or Scunthorpe,,tough call.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Journeyman
    Agreed but still looks great. Better than the majority of black bays

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by frequentflyer View Post
    Agreed but still looks great. Better than the majority of black bays

But not the Black Bay Black 79220N ETA...

Journeyman
    Can see it as an exception to the rule

Craftsman
    Has anyone pick up a unnumbered watch yet. If yes when did they call to be put on list.

Journeyman
    Has it been confirmed that they won't be numbered?

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart67 View Post
    Has it been confirmed that they won't be numbered?
    I’d like to know this too. I’d like one of these, but not if the market gets flooded with unnumbered ones.

Does this waiting ‘list’ exist at all? I’m beginning to think they won’t produce anymore once the initial batch has been snapped up.

Grand Master
    Does this waiting ‘list’ exist at all? I’m beginning to think they won’t produce anymore once the initial batch has been snapped up.
    You might get a more definitive answer at Basel

RIAC

You might get a more definitive answer at Basel

That’s the problem with fictional waiting lists. You provide them with your name and other details in good faith, thinking you might eventually obtain the watch you desire, only for Harrods to put it straight in the bin.

Grand Master
    That’s the problem with fictional waiting lists. You provide them with your name and other details in good faith, thinking you might eventually obtain the watch you desire, only for Harrods to put it straight in the bin.
    I think the guys at Harrods are very fair and they would let you know when your numbers up but they probably need clarity on production numbers to be accurate

RIAC

I think the guys at Harrods are very fair and they would let you know when your numbers up but they probably need clarity on production numbers to be accurate

Hopefully that is the case, I’m probably being overly pessimistic - might pop into Harrods in the next couple of weeks to try and find out what’s going on with these..,

Apprentice

Red face

Got the call from Harrods today, pick mine up at weekend

I still see the 79220N as more of a collector's watch. Very unique

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Strummer25 View Post
    Got the call from Harrods today, pick mine up at weekend
    Should be fine there’s around 1500

RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by Minutes View Post
    I still see the 79220N as more of a collector's watch. Very unique
    Hear,hear 👏

Master
    I thought I had my name down for one of these but just called to clarify and my name wasn't there. So I'm now just short of number 2000 apparently

I really want one but don't want to pay over RRP so maybe in 5 years, I'll get one.

Hear,hear 👏
    First time I’ve ever agreed with a Chelsea fan! 😊

I had been on the waiting list for this one since November and collected mine from Harrods lunchtime, yesterday. Great watch (it’s numbered three hundred and something so I don’t see where only the first hundred or so were numbered comes from?), great service. The sales guy said that the waiting is currently over 2,000 with more joining it all the time. When asked whether they would all be guaranteed a watch, he replied that It was entirely up to Tudor as to how many they produce; they could stop tomorrow or they could go on making them indefinitely - he just didn’t know.

What was interesting was that they continue to be inundated with people asking for Black Bay, ETA versions - particular the black one - so hang on to those if you’ve got one! Anyway, stay patient and I hope all those who want the (green) one are successful. 👍
    Last edited by WHL1882; 27th April 2018 at 08:43.

Master
    I had been on the waiting list for this one since November and collected mine from Harrods lunchtime, yesterday. Great watch (it’s numbered three hundred and something so I don’t see where only the first hundred or so were numbered comes from?), great service. The sales guy said that the waiting is currently over 2,000 with more joining it all the time. When asked whether they would all be guaranteed a watch, he replied that It was entirely up to Tudor as to how many they produce; they could stop tomorrow or they could go on making them indefinitely - he just didn’t know.

What was interesting was that they continue to be inundated with people asking for Black Bay, ETA versions - particular the black one - so hang on to those if you’ve got one! Anyway, stay patient and I hope all those who want the (green) one are successful. 👍
    That’s interesting because at no point has it been suggested to me that Tudor might unilaterally pull the production. I’ve just been told to ring up occasionally , that I’m on the list but I’ve only got 48 hours to react to the call. Therefore I’m hoping I don’t get a call in a poor reception area . Thinking on this I might Bell them to see if they’d consider also emailing.
    If that guy is correct that’s quite worrying

Quote Originally Posted by Mark lowman View Post
    That’s interesting because at no point has it been suggested to me that Tudor might unilaterally pull the production. I’ve just been told to ring up occasionally , that I’m on the list but I’ve only got 48 hours to react to the call. Therefore I’m hoping I don’t get a call in a poor reception area . Thinking on this I might Bell them to see if they’d consider also emailing.
    If that guy is correct that’s quite worrying
    That was his view, but the fact that they are still taking names must provide some kind of assurance? Yes, I telephoned them to check what was happening last Wednesday and they got back to me the following day to say one was available.

What was interesting was that they continue to be inundated with people asking for Black Bay, ETA versions - particular the black one - so hang on to those if you’ve got one! Anyway, stay patient and I hope all those who want the (green) one are successful. 
    Well... that’s very annoying. I was told that I was just outside the first 100. If they have delivered more than 300 to date then I’m a little pissed off that I haven’t heard anything further.
    It's just a matter of time...

Seriously mate - usual shite, different watch.

Well... that’s very annoying. I was told that I was just outside the first 100. If they have delivered more than 300 to date then I’m a little pissed off that I haven’t heard anything further.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Seriously mate - usual shite, different watch.
    Maybe I expected more of the Harrods sales team.

In saying that, I’m generally happy with a few of my current watches and may just offload all the others and refrain.
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by W44NNE View Post
    I thought I had my name down for one of these but just called to clarify and my name wasn't there. So I'm now just short of number 2000 apparently

I really want one but don't want to pay over RRP so maybe in 5 years, I'll get one.
    Do you have a direct number for their watch department, or did you just call Harrods Customer services? If you have a direct number, would you mind providing me with it?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Maybe I expected more of the Harrods sales team.

In saying that, I’m generally happy with a few of my current watches and may just offload all the others and refrain.
    Harrods sales team the very reason I bought my IWC in Munich and paid more than I needed.
    They where that good at losing a sale with a lousy,ill informed attitude.
    I would rather give my money to someone I like.

As for this watch,besides not liking it the fact that it seems to have gone the way of Rolex with lists more lists etc. really hacks me off.

Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    Harrods sales team the very reason I bought my IWC in Munich and paid more than I needed.
    They where that good at losing a sale with a lousy,ill informed attitude.
    I would rather give my money to someone I like.

As for this watch,besides not liking it the fact that it seems to have gone the way of Rolex with lists more lists etc. really hacks me off.
    I certainly thought it was worth the aggro of waiting lists, a few phone calls, calling there in person etc, but each to their own I suppose?

Master
    Blog Entries
    I certainly thought it was worth the aggro of waiting lists, a few phone calls, calling there in person etc, but each to their own I suppose?
    I don’t want one,my point is if you want one I would like you to be able to buy one.

Let’s not go down the Rolex path with Tudor.

Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    I don’t want one,my point is if you want one I would like you to be able to buy one.

Let’s not go down the Rolex path with Tudor.
    Kind of agree, but a lot of brands, supported by ADs, seem to be playing the eclusivity card these days. The bloke in Harrods said the mystique of the green black bay was doing wonders for Tudor sales. Admit they’re playing a game with us but who can blame them? Many of us appear to be willing to indulge in the hope that we’ve landed something a bit more special than the standard fare.

Journeyman
    What was interesting was that they continue to be inundated with people asking for Black Bay, ETA versions - particular the black one - so hang on to those if you’ve got one!
    The mystique of the Rose Black Bay Black being a 'future collectible' feels very contrived and I feel like the main point of desirability is not the watch itself but everybody's hope that they can make yet another buck on the back of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallang View Post
    The mystique of the Rose Black Bay Black being a 'future collectible' feels very contrived and I feel like the main point of desirability is not the watch itself but everybody's hope that they can make yet another buck on the back of it.
    Human nature unless you’re fortunate enough to have an oil well in your back garden.