closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: PRS-5

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by K.I.T.T. View Post
    Excellent... That would be a good addition to my collection, since my PRS5 gets worn frequently!
    Thank you that info.
    Mike
    I'm going to look forward to the Newmark, even if it is a quartz. I wonder if there is a movement with the correct subdial positions and spacing for the job?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Timelord View Post
    I'm going to look forward to the Newmark, even if it is a quartz. I wonder if there is a movement with the correct subdial positions and spacing for the job?
    I do usually lean towards a purely mechanical movement, however I am very interested in this project even if it'll be powered by a reliable quartz movement. Unfortunate really that QC considerations means that the Seagull ST19 [Venus 175] is not viable.

That the project is being driven forward by someone who has a real passion for watches & whose wristwatch reviews I have read on many occasions before finally purchasing the watch reviewed only makes me more determined to follow this project & then to seriously consider purchasing the resulting timepiece.

My PRS5 is one of my favourites, so to add a similar quartz design would be very appealing!

Ewan and I discussed this when it was still a concept and I'm glad that it's gone ahead, I look forward to seeing the results.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    Ewan and I discussed this when it was still a concept and I'm glad that it's gone ahead, I look forward to seeing the results.

Eddie
    Good to know... I do think there will be a demand for it, when it gets released!
    Just like the PRS5 is currently sought after!

Eddie
    Eddie,

If the Newmark chronograph is a success and given that you are already using the Seiko mechaquartz movement in other watches, will the PRS-5 make a return with the Seiko mechaquartz movement?

Eddie,

If the Newmark chronograph is a success and given that you are already using the Seiko mechaquartz movement in other watches, will the PRS-5 make a return with the Seiko mechaquartz movement?
    I probably won't bother now that the Newmark is happening.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by benwoodroffe View Post
    Does anyone know if the PRS-5 will ever be made again?
    No there won't I'm afraid. Chronograph movements are too expensive.
    I probably won't bother now that the Newmark is happening.

Eddie

The Newmark 6BB meca quartz is discontinued and the CWC 7733 is silly money.

Quartz would be fine!

Please 😊

Pretty please 🙏

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoCop View Post