closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: PRS-30

Quote Originally Posted by gray View Post
    Wow. That really pops.
    +1 one for the future for me deffo

That looks fantastic - I especially like that fact the crown does not detract from the overall look - it's another winner!
    It's just a matter of time...

Love the look of this one. It's going to be too pricey for me, but I think it'll sell like hot cakes! :)

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    It comes with both the black and brown strap plus one bronze buckle. I've never seen a bronze bracelet.

Eddie
    It is a nice piece of bronze watch I've ever seen but I think it must be one of the expensive time piece in your whole collection. It is a thousand pounds watch at least!

FANTASTIC!

Apprentice
    I keep returning to the photos, looks great. Nice contrast with the black strap. The watch isn't overtly serious, but I think it's still quite subtle. Would really love to have one.

That looks great Eddie, I'll be getting one if I can get my order in quick enough It's been a long time since the bronze watch was first mooted and I'm glad I've waited and not plumped for a Magrette.

Question

There is now ;-).

Eddie

Why is it not mentioned "Made in Great Britain" on the dial ?

Eddie
    'Made in England' would look good too.. or 'English Made' or even just 'England' would complete the dial!

Journeyman
    Gorgeous. I really can't afford more than, say, two more watches this summer... and I have at least five Timefactors' offerings on my radar

I very much want one - have been looking forward to this since it was announced - but it depends on the price. There is a limit, sadly. Still, If I can't have one it will benefit someone else on here.

Craftsman

Eddie
    Eddie, what grade of movement is this?

Quote Originally Posted by ROBANNENAGY View Post
    Eddie, what grade of movement is this?
    Its an ETA 2824-2, it's in the picture you linked, Oh you said grade I'll stfu :)

Craftsman
    top grade

Banned
    i really like this one. the dial is very well balanced and the placement of the date window is excellent. if my wrists wouldnt be so small i would be VERY interested.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by merloplano View Post
    top grade
    How can you tell? I thought 'Top' grades have a Glucydur balance wheel with the curved spokes, the balance wheel in the picture (although not clear because its moving) the spokes look straight to me.

The classic Doctor's watch....

..... well done Eddie!

How can you tell? I thought 'Top' grades have a Glucydur balance wheel with the curved spokes, the balance wheel in the picture (although not clear because its moving) the spokes look straight to me.
    According to the ETA spec sheet on their website, all the 2824 now have Glucydur balance. It just says "Glucydur gilt, blind holes". This is the 2010 manufacturing information spec sheet.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Could I have one on Monday please? I'll be in to sign for it...

According to the ETA spec sheet on their website, all the 2824 now have Glucydur balance. It just says "Glucydur gilt, blind holes". This is the 2010 manufacturing information spec sheet.

Eddie
    I made a phone call and apparently the "Top" grade (and all other grades) is available with or without Glucydur balance. The Glucydur balance version is special order with a long delivery time.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Stop faffing man and get packing

Actually, take your time. I can't get one yet!
    Gray

I've finally made my mind up that the PRS-30 will be my entry into of the world of the Precista Owners Club.
    I'm even working a double overtime shift this weekend to help pay for one!

Craftsman
    i just read the previous posts (but you made an excellent point that required a phone call)

I think this will be my first Time-Factors watch. I think it looks fantastic. I really hope I get one and it doesn't look to big on my girly wrists.

Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    Could I have one on Monday please? I'll be in to sign for it...
    What, you mean yours hasn't arrived yet?

Bloody hell Chris, that looks fantastic. The case back is as much of a delight as the view from the front. How does it wear? If you have the wherewithal, a wrist shot would be splendid.

Wow, it does look really cool... So is the face more a chocolate black than jet black? Seems to be quiet a contrast with the date wheel. Bronze looks ace!

How did you get your hands on one?

What's the dimensions please.

Craftsman
    I didn't think this had been released yet? Have I missed something? What price?

Looks like Tuesday could be a hectic day!

Here's a few pics I took on my phone yesterday evening. The bronze reflects the sun beatifully, in any light the bronze has a warmth to it that steel doesn't. I'm looking forward to seeing how this ages.

The dial is a very smooth, eggshell finish in charcoal which offers a nice contrast to the gloss black hands and black date wheel.

This is the first sandwich dial watch I've studied and it has quality and depth that a printed dial doesn't – I've tried to capture the depth on an image below.

As for how it wears: I've worn a Speedmaster Pro everyday for the last 4 years and this didn't feel any larger or smaller on the dial side. The strap is noticeably chunkier to what I 'm used to, and the buckle is big, as they are on this type of watch. Both straps are thick yet soft and very comfortable.

My Dad was quite taken with it...

Domed crystal, matt dial, gloss hands lovelyness.

You're in for a treat with the packaging.

I'm extremely happy with the final result. There are details to this watch which are a joy to behold and it's exceeded my expectations in every way.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris W View Post
    How did you get your hands on one?

What's the dimensions please.
    About 5 years ago I badly illustrated a watch and emailed to Eddie and asked if he'd be interested in making something like it. He created this thread and the watch developed from there. With comments from the TZ collective I developed the design until we ended up with something that Eddie felt could be viable. Eddie then refined the design and committed to manufacture. And here we are now.

dimensions below:

Quote Originally Posted by ru55 View Post
    I didn't think this had been released yet? Have I missed something? What price?

Looks like Tuesday could be a hectic day!
    This weekend I'm taking shots for the accompanying materials. This is a special Precista, and so will be packaged in a special way however it won't be ready for Tuesday.

Even more stunning than I was hoping for...

Any chance of a wrist shot on the brown strap?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    About 5 years ago I badly illustrated a watch and emailed to Eddie and asked if he'd be interested in making something like it. He created this thread and the watch developed from there. With comments from the TZ collective I developed the design until we ended up with something that Eddie felt could be viable. Eddie then refined the design and committed to manufacture. And here we are now.
    Well done both of you. I was thinking about a bronze case for a while but there was something about the offerings from the Helsons and Benarus but they never quite did it for me, I knew I'd flip it sooner or later.
    Nope, I've made my mind up. Tuesday I'm getting my self a Doc Savage!

Bloody marvelous - even better than anticipated - and anticipations were high.

- - - Updated - - -

Bloody marvelous - even better than anticipated - and anticipations were high.
    Gray

Quote Originally Posted by davida View Post
    Any chance of a wrist shot on the brown strap?

Read the thread and you will see one on a brown strap.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve748 View Post
    Read the thread and you will see one on a brown strap.
    I've been following this thread for some time and I have never seen a WRIST shot of the watch with the brown strap. It was only yesterday that Chris posted wrist shot pics on the black but maybe I've missed something?

Craftsman
    Looking fantastic.
    Might be a bit chunky for my wrists with those straps but if I do get my hand on one, maybe a thinner strap would make it more suitable for me.

Craftsman
    the shots with sunlights show indeed a lot of contrast between the hands frame, the date wheel and the dial, light brown in this conditions. not sure about the effect

is the buckle 24mm? how long is the strap, if i may ask?

I've been following this thread for some time and I have never seen a WRIST shot of the watch with the brown strap. It was only yesterday that Chris posted wrist shot pics on the black but maybe I've missed something?
    My mistake, I missed the importance of the word 'wrist' to you as I was thinking it isn't that difficult to imagine what a brown strap on the watch on a wrist would look like (there are pictures of the brown strap) and it wouldn't be too different from the wrist picture shown Chris posted.

I can't see that it would stop anyone from buying one because there is a choice provided and also there are a hundred plus other straps that could be used from other sources.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve748 View Post
    My mistake, I missed the importance of the word 'wrist' to you as I was thinking it isn't that difficult to imagine what a brown strap on the watch on a wrist would look like (there are pictures of the brown strap) and it wouldn't be too different from the wrist picture shown Chris posted.

I can't see that it would stop anyone from buying one because there is a choice provided and also there are a hundred plus other straps that could be used from other sources.
    It was a simple request that I didn't envisage requiring this much discussion.

Master
    I want one these so much! Where do I sign?

It was a simple request that I didn't envisage requiring this much discussion.
    Here you go:

I'll add that I've taken this on my phone which tries to colour balance the shot which makes the original photo look cooler that it appears in reality. For that reason I've added a warm instagram effect which helps illustrate how the watch looks on brown. The charcoal dial has the slightest hint of warm grey which is brought out with the bronze case and brown leather. It really does look fantastic on this strap.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    Here you go:

I'll add that I've taken this on my phone which tries to colour balance the shot which makes the original photo look cooler that it appears in reality. For that reason I've added a warm instagram effect which helps illustrate how the watch looks on brown. The charcoal dial has the slightest hint of warm grey which is brought out with the bronze case and brown leather. It really does look fantastic on this strap.
    Cheers Chris.
    Congratulations on this beauty.

Eddie

Craftsman
    Looks amazing on both straps! Chris, what size wrist do you have?

Eddie

Blog Entries
    I love that case shape. Perhaps, Eddie, you could consider doing a diver in that shape in stainless steel in due course? :-)

Oooooooooh that's good!
    I made my mind up that it will be my next purchase and was already looking at different (i.e. shorter) straps to compliment the look of the PRS30 but it looks smarter and dressier than my brass Maranez Layan. The canvas/leather type straps that I was looking to get may not go so I think I'll go for a similar leather strap to the one on the Tudor BB...
    The black leather looks fantastic though!