closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Ferocase Winders Germany

Ferocase Winders Germany

Has anyone got a winder from this company? If so, what are they like?

I have searched all the usual channels but there isn't very much information out there.

Cheers

JC

No, but would be interested in how you get on if you buy one as often see them on eBay with no bids which look a good deal vs rrp so if you are going to buy one could be worth trying your luck there for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    No, but would be interested in how you get on if you buy one as often see them on eBay with no bids which look a good deal vs rrp so if you are going to buy one could be worth trying your luck there for a while.
    Yes, that's where I'm looking too. I think the RRP is fantasy, but notwithstanding, they look like they represent good value at the starting prices.

Found this on another forum on a Google
    http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/162657...boxes-winders/

My wife got me one of these as a Christmas present last year - the same as this one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FEROCASE-Uhrenbeweger-Bracuda-2043-ZBR-B-Ware-Ausstellungsstuck-Watch-Winder-/161131768854?pt=DE_Mode_Accessoires_Uhren_Schmuck_ Uhrenk%C3%A4sten&hash=item258433ac16

Unfortunately over the last couple of days the buttons and the LCD display have got more erratic (sometimes they work, sometimes not), and today it stopped working completely.

I'm about to contact the seller and see what their response is (the winder is under a year old) - I'll report back here. Up to now, I had been very happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipK View Post
    My wife got me one of these as a Christmas present last year - the same as this one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FEROCASE-Uhrenbeweger-Bracuda-2043-ZBR-B-Ware-Ausstellungsstuck-Watch-Winder-/161131768854?pt=DE_Mode_Accessoires_Uhren_Schmuck_ Uhrenk%C3%A4sten&hash=item258433ac16

Unfortunately over the last couple of days the buttons and the LCD display have got more erratic (sometimes they work, sometimes not), and today it stopped working completely.

I'm about to contact the seller and see what their response is (the winder is under a year old) - I'll report back here. Up to now, I had been very happy with it.
    Thanks for your response Philip and sorry to hear of your issues.

Until the problems, was the winder pleasant to use? Are the watch holders a good size and easy to place the watch on etc? Are the motors smooth and quiet?

Regards

Jacob

Quote Originally Posted by JC180 View Post
    Thanks for your response Philip and sorry to hear of your issues.

Until the problems, was the winder pleasant to use? Are the watch holders a good size and easy to place the watch on etc? Are the motors smooth and quiet?

Regards

Jacob

The winder was decent enough build quality (I have a couple of other brands of winder as well), though nothing special. The listed retail price of €1400 is a fantasy - I paid €200 for mine, which was probably reasonable.

The lock on the door is not very positive (not that I need to "lock" the door - I just want to stop the cats from getting in to it!). The actual watch holders are OK, but they will not take a small watch - my wrists are 7.5 inch, and I struggle to place anything smaller on the holders. On the other hand, they are good and wide and would happily take a T W Steel-sized watch. The motors are indeed both quiet (I have mine in the bedroom) and smooth. On mine, you can set each pair of watches to rotate clockwise, anticlockwise or alternate. You can also set how many turns per minute.

UPDATE: The seller has been extremely unhelpful. Said that I need to post the winder back to Germany and then it would cost at least 200 euro to repair (which is what I paid for the winder in the first place). He also claimed that the repair was not covered by any warranty (even though it is less than a year old).

I've had a closer look at the winder - thinking of opening it up to see whether the problem is something easy to repair - and the build quality is much poorer than I had previously realised.

I'm afraid that my advice is to avoid this brand.

Apprentice

Unhappy Same Bad Service with Ferocase - China Made product Too

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipK View Post
    UPDATE: The seller has been extremely unhelpful. Said that I need to post the winder back to Germany and then it would cost at least 200 euro to repair (which is what I paid for the winder in the first place). He also claimed that the repair was not covered by any warranty (even though it is less than a year old).

I've had a closer look at the winder - thinking of opening it up to see whether the problem is something easy to repair - and the build quality is much poorer than I had previously realised.

I'm afraid that my advice is to avoid this brand.
    I not only have had the worst imaginable service from this company, including their phone number being no good, when I went back and looked at my label, I realized this winder had been shipped from China. I am pretty sure it was made in China, even though they promote themselves as being German, note that it always says "German Design". Not made in Germany. At either rate, I have been round and round and insulted and it did not work 1 day properly. I too bought mine directly from Ferocase through Ebay and Ebay is working on getting a refund for me and they were also not able to reach the company by phone. It was a bad number, for a bad company with a bad product and bad service.

Stay away from Ferocase. They have been operating under multiple eBay IDs, I once had a lot of trouble getting my money back for a returned faulty winder - they had gone bust in the meantime. A couple of weeks later they had resurfaced on eBay under a different ID. I had to complain to eBay to finally get my money back.

Their winders are the cheapest Chinaware you can find and stink like chemical waste when they arrive. I once saw a picture of the inside of one of their winders on a German forum and it was all rusty and poor cabling.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Dear Sir

you dont have any worker to check what they people write so in your forum ??? ?

check this please

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...inders-Germany

you can not allov to people slander about other brands

our Brands is about 40 Year

what they people write on your forum is crimes

and you allov crimes

people write about ferocase chinaware chiona product

we are 100% Germany Brand

http://ferocase.de/made.jpg

please support us and delet this complett from your web side and from google search and check please this members maybe our competitors,maybe people buy fake ferocase product from other seller but they dont have right this paste on one big forum like you You can criticize a product this can be Mercedes BMW but you can not slander

please do this bevore bureaucracy and lawyer do

we plan give your web side sam advertising

but not so

Thank you for your Help

--------------------------------
    Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

The linked certificate attesting "Made in Germany" refers to "Modellautoreinigungsanlage". When I really looked at it, it appears that it has been counterfeit, a quick research on the issuing company's website shows that the original under this reference number has been issued to a different company (http://www.ja-zu-deutschland.com/index.php?id=76).

They are not only selling cheap China crap, but are also fraudsters. I have forwarded the link to the issuing body for review.

Good detective work, there.

I have no idea where the Ferocase winders are actually made, but as previously mentioned my personal experience with them was that the product did not last very long (under 1 year) and that the seller was extremely unhelpful, despite the age of the winder.

On this basis, my personal recommendation to anybody considering the purchase of a Ferocase Watch Winder is not to touch them.

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    Eddie
    Eddie

You could forward their email to info@ja-zu-deutschland.de pointing out that they have a false certificate on their site (http://ferocase.de/made.jpg) with an ID number belonging to a German company. I'm sure that Ja zu Deutschland e.V. are in a better position to investigate this and the address they give "Brandstücken 29, 22549 Hamburg".

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post

They are not only selling cheap China crap, but are also fraudsters. I have forwarded the link to the issuing body for review.
    Their grammar is first class

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    Eddie

You could forward their email to info@ja-zu-deutschland.de pointing out that they have a false certificate on their site (http://ferocase.de/made.jpg) with an ID number belonging to a German company. I'm sure that Ja zu Deutschland e.V. are in a better position to investigate this and the address they give "Brandstücken 29, 22549 Hamburg".
    I have already done that
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Hi

Anyone buying a winder should look at this review i did on one of the ebay specials.

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...ghlight=Winder

You really dont get what u paid for.

Thanks
    deano