Thread: Breitling Aerospace. Educate me

Hybrid View

Craftsman
    Glasgow, The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Blog Entries
    Is 42mm as small as they get?

Quote Originally Posted by GuyIncognito View Post
    Is 42mm as small as they get?
    No, the older ones such as mine in the vid are 40mm. That was one of the reasons I went for my F75362 it was 40mm but still had the superquartz movement which is thermocompensated. Later models have backlit LCD displays which is the only thing I really miss from my version, but they're 42mm upwards.

There's a useful history of the older versions here: http://forums.watchuseek.com/f39/bre...dating-73.html

Craftsman
    One thing I like to add...

As far as I know, some watches claim they share the "same" movement, but it seems that Breitling (or whoever) modifies the movements more than I thought. From memory (and some videos?) the Victorinox Swiss Army Chrono Classic XLS, e.g., uses the same base movement but it does not have that feature that allows to move the hands or display in hour steps by a "quick" turn of the crown. So, if setting the countdown to 1 hrs you need ~60 turns instead of the one "quick" one with the Aerospace. The message is, maybe you don't get the same functionality with similar cheaper watches.

I may be completely wrong, by the way...

And, I miss my Aerospace Avantage now that I think about it...

I've got a certina that will advance an hour with a quick turn.

Keeps amazing time too.

I'll post a picture tomorrow

Always liked the airwolf raven
    dont see too many round here though
    anyone got one to show?

Breitling Aerospace. Educate me

Quote Originally Posted by awo View Post
    One thing I like to add...

As far as I know, some watches claim they share the "same" movement, but it seems that Breitling (or whoever) modifies the movements more than I thought. From memory (and some videos?) the Victorinox Swiss Army Chrono Classic XLS, e.g., uses the same base movement but it does not have that feature that allows to move the hands or display in hour steps by a "quick" turn of the crown. So, if setting the countdown to 1 hrs you need ~60 turns instead of the one "quick" one with the Aerospace. The message is, maybe you don't get the same functionality with similar cheaper watches.

I may be completely wrong, by the way...

And, I miss my Aerospace Avantage now that I think about it...
    The main differentiator is that the Victorinox XLS movement does not have thermo compensation and therefore it is not COSC certified.

Also I believe the minute repeater function is also missing in the Victorinox.

Both however, otherwise share the same foundation and architecture from these ETA family of movements.