closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Prs-29a out of stock.

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by andyd30 View Post
    Aged lume like this:

Keep returning to look at this beautiful example... would a more ecru-coloured luminova be considered for the next ‘29?

I should imagine it’s easier to get hold of now given the trend for faux-patina (which I do not deride, as some choose to).

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side of The Loon View Post
    Keep returning to look at this beautiful example... would a more ecru-coloured luminova be considered for the next ‘29?

I should imagine it’s easier to get hold of now given the trend for faux-patina (which I do not deride, as some choose to).
    To quote Sir Ben Kingsley NSFW
    https://youtu.be/KmR8fzQjuD8

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Prs-29a out of stock.

Quote Originally Posted by lughugger View Post
    To quote Sir Ben Kingsley NSFW
    https://youtu.be/KmR8fzQjuD8

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Hahaha, I don’t understand why it winds people up to the extent it does - especially on a *recreation* of a vintage watch.

Doesn’t that W10 look beautiful, with the ecru against the black dial?

I understand people’s philosophical objection to it on a new, original design watch... but I think it’s a perfectly sensible option here.

My current, much loved 29a has coloured lume after all... it’s a light green instead of white. Why doesn’t that inspire the same reaction?

It’s not like I’m suggesting a ‘pre-aged’ case like a recent Zenith - that is a step too far.

EDIT: People (including me) love the look of vintage watches, much preferring them to the vulgarity or flashiness of many modern pieces - but don’t want to contend with a) raised prices (a W10 in good nick is now c.£1500), b) potential fragility (cracking tritium for example), c) the vast number of put-together watches/fakes (maybe not for W10s, but certainly for others), d) want the ease and pleasure of buying a brand new, warrantied watch.

As luminova doesn’t age, you can’t wait 20 years for tritium patina to develop (as if that is a sensible proposition even for the young) AND by the tritium does colour, it won’t function as lume - an enjoyable and useful part of a tool watch.
    Last edited by Dark Side of The Loon; 23rd May 2018 at 11:13.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Starting to look promising to become more than a project only!

Are these custom hands or stock? I think they could do with being a little thinner or graduating in size?

I understand taking it away from the pure original design and adding lume as you need to sell watches and that seems to be the demand of the crowd!!

I still think on all these dials, that the 6 is still popping up to high (this might just be a visual thing even though following a rule - which might have to be broken)

Craftsman
    My initial thought would be thinner hour and minute hands.

I'm not averse to luminous compound on the dial, but having the numeral at six raised up does upset the dial somewhat (imho).

I've never had a first render which looks like it should. Even though I send pictures and a description, there's always an element of artistic license. It usually takes 2 - 3 attempts for them to do what I ask for.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post

Eddie
    Yes please!
    Last edited by Cornholio; 25th May 2018 at 11:49.

These new prospects are most encouraging.