closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Vertex M100

Master

Vertex M100

Anyone on here bought, or been invited to buy One ?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by OHG1X View Post
    Anyone on here bought, or been invited to buy One ?

I wish, you need to be connected. Which I am not.
    Seriously like the watch.

It has a crazy price for the sum of parts IMO (coming from the owner of the CWC reissue)
    I would like to see one in the metal though.

It’s 2200 Gbp I think, I might be wrong though,
    The Instagram of vertex reposting of owners posting pictures got me interested.

Nice watch from what I have seen.

Apprentice
    If you’re really interested try here, I’ve just nabbed one.

https://shop.revolution.watch/vertex-m100.html

I don’t know if you buy through Revolution that you still get to nominate another single buyer or not. Soon find out I suppose.
    Last edited by jenksruss; 13th May 2018 at 00:44.

Craftsman
    Seems ridiculously overpriced.

Why buy that when you can pick up one of the original Dirty Dozen, oozing with real history, for a fraction of the price - it completely vexes me.

Weird this is like the 3rd time this has cropped, in the past couple of days.
    Was talking about them last night and considering one, then I noticed Jodie Kidd had one on tv this morning, and now this topic has popped up :p

I'll admit im tempted the size and style are of interest, but i question the logevity with the bizzare distribution model.

Apprentice
    The overpriced comments are valid but you could say that about the whole luxury watch industry I suppose, otherwise we’d all be wearing £10 Casio bomb makers watches ;0) We’re all drawn to heritage, tradition and ‘the story’, and of course if the watch speaks to you. Horses for courses. At least we have forums like these to debate the qualities of them freely.

The comment about the distribution system is also true, I doubt they can manage to continue with this method?

Please don’t tell me Victoria bloody Beckham has one!!!

Master
    Blog Entries
    I quite like it. I have a Smiths W10 which is of course smaller.

I’d like to see one, the sales model is unusual...
    Last edited by Montello; 15th April 2018 at 20:31.

Banned
    Just read a review on the watch. It looks stunning and is certainly a style I love. Does seem a little pricey though.
    Last edited by Rmdf1960; 15th April 2018 at 20:29.

Quote Originally Posted by jenksruss View Post
    If you’re really interested try here, I’ve just nabbed one.

https://shop.revolution.watch/vertex-m100.html

I don’t know if you buy through Revolution that you still get to nominate a another single buyer or not. Soon find out I suppose.
    I noticed this morning that revolution are doing them as a very limited number.

I look forward to hearing what you think of it. I really like the look of it.
    Last edited by pastrana72; 15th April 2018 at 21:28.

Not only do Revolution have x many to sell, Revolution have taken out adverts on Instagram to tell the world that they've got next to none to sell. Go figure.

Master
    Hamilton have nabbed the idea of moulding numerals out of lume.

http://watchesbysjx.com/2018/04/the-...#!&gid=1&pid=3

Dave

Amazing looking watch, but I’m a little put off by the price but especially by the marketing/distribution. Feels like the kind of tactic that will attract the t**ts...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    Never been called a t**t before on a forum, that’s a first. It’s ok I won’t take it to heart...I’m sure my new watch will cheer me up (or I’ll just send it back as the owner is happy to receive them back if you’re not truly impressed with the watch)
    Last edited by jenksruss; 15th April 2018 at 23:56.

Quote Originally Posted by jenksruss View Post
    Never been called a t**t before on a forum, that’s a first. It’s ok I won’t take it to heart...I’m sure my new watch will cheer me up (or I’ll just send it back as the owner is happy to receive them back if you’re not truly impressed with the watch)
    Apols that was not aimed at you or anyone on this forum... i obviously don’t know you. it’s just that this “exclusive club/invitation only” thing will attract people who aren’t in it for the watch, but in it for the fact that it’s exclusive and that they were top of some list. Or maybe I’m just envious because I’m nowhere near this? There’s always that too :)

In any case, enjoy your watch, it does look amazing. There should be more of these www re-issues, at lower price points and more widely available.

Does look very nice, but waaaaay over my budget!
    saw that Hamilton, equally appealing, but 50mm just too big imo...

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Derivative View Post
    Apols that was not aimed at you or anyone on this forum... i obviously don’t know you. it’s just that this “exclusive club/invitation only” thing will attract people who aren’t in it for the watch, but in it for the fact that it’s exclusive and that they were top of some list. Or maybe I’m just envious because I’m nowhere near this? There’s always that too :)

In any case, enjoy your watch, it does look amazing. There should be more of these www re-issues, at lower price points and more widely available.

No worries, just puling your leg ;0)

I'm also really interested in what they'll do next as this current marketing strategy has split opinions but also got people talking about the brand.
    Last edited by jenksruss; 16th April 2018 at 17:06.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Even now you can still buy wwws at reasonable prices despite the dirty dozen hype.

Also Omega 53 and Smiths w10s can be had at fair prices.

Plus of course the Timezone w10s.

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    Even now you can still buy wwws at reasonable prices despite the dirty dozen hype.

Also Omega 53 and Smiths w10s can be had at fair prices.

Plus of course the Timezone w10s.
    Thanks, every day is a school day.
    As far as I can tell, TF never made a w10 with a seconds subdial, or have I missed it?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sestrel View Post
    Does look very nice, but waaaaay over my budget!
    saw that Hamilton, equally appealing, but 50mm just too big imo...
    Hamilton's website indicates 38mm.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hocuspocus View Post
    Hamilton's website indicates 38mm.

I tell a lie - I may have been looking at the wrong watch. If it is 50mm I agree it's too big. I think I would rather have a Seiko 5. :gets coat:

Master
    Blog Entries
    As far as I can tell, TF never made a w10 with a seconds subdial, or have I missed it?

No they are centre seconds but otherwise similar in style.

Master

The PRS-6 was close.

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...oadarrow-PRS-6

Dave

Excessive price and those "Moulded Super-LumiNova Arabic numerals" are weird.

Quote Originally Posted by dforgrieve View Post
    Very close indeed, thanks for sharing. Starting to really warm up to these military style watches.

Apprentice
    After a crazy wait due to Parcel Farce and the 8000 mile trip to get here I've had my M100 for a few weeks now. You know what it's like with new watches in the honeymoon period, but I can really say I love it more now than I did when it first arrived as I've 'taken in' the watch and noticed more about the design...weird I know but that's how it is. Breaking in the DaLuca shell cordovan strap is cool too.

I was worried, and as many funny posts pointed out, that the numerals look a bit like the 'glow in the dark' stars you used to stick to your ceiling as kids but I'm pleased to say they don't look tacky or indeed anything like the afore mentioned stars, but really bring something to the watch. More like a welcome addition and modern tweak to the original WW2 design. As do the red dots at 12 o'clock and larger case which sits perfectly on my 7 inch wrist. I was a tad worried it would look too small, and as Don Cochrane sent me a couple of extra Vertex straps I've tried on quite a few and even the black leather, non Nato looks good on the wrist. The ever so slightly domed, boxed crystal is elegant and practical and the polished ring really brings the watch to life.

All in all I'm very happy with the handsome M100, and especially pleased with the welcome from Don at Vertex. Might be worth looking at the M100B (black) if you guys are interested or even the M100 as there are a couple left.

delete js bin account

Vertex M100

It’s a very handsome watch, and I love the luminova numerals, but I’m happier with my PRS-29 for £350, than I would be with a Vertex for > £2k.

That having been said, it does look great and, compared to many luxury three-hander watches with pretty humble movements (IWC...), the price isn’t that bad at all.

It’s the distribution model which winds me up slightly... I would rather seek an interesting clientele simply by the fact of making an interesting watch.

For those who can’t understand why one wouldn’t just buy a vintage WWW, many want a) functional lume, b) sapphire crystal/modern waterproof construction, c) a brand new, warrantied watch without worry over authenticity. Same reasons I’d rather have my PRS-29 over a W10, however lovely the W10 unarguably is.

Apprentice
    I see what you're saying about the PRS 29, and I've had a few similar looking military watches issued to me over the years, IMO the M100 is a undeniable nod to those (especially with the crows foot) but something much nicer in the flesh. Horses for courses yet again.

I bought the watch through Revolution so slightly out of the original sales model, but I know there are a couple still available. I think I'm correct in saying the M100B was open to all?

Ditto to your comments on the original WWW watches, way too small for me to wear and I intend to wear the M100 everywhere.

Thanks for posting up your thoughts, It does look good for sure.
    Any chance of a few more photos?

Yup M100B was open to everyone, and it does look kinda cool in DLC but personally the steel looks slightly better from the few pics that are about of the "stealth" version.

I really still like these, I have not been able to see one in person but all the shots I have seen make it look a interesting watch.

It would be good if it was cheaper as I would have gone for one by now, however I can understand the price point from there point of view, say compared to a IWC.

Been in touch and I can see M100B is available to anyone, like the DLC look, bit durability is a concern, I have had a few DLC watches, I do have to be a bit careful with them.

I think I would prefer the M100 in the long run.

Still on the fence, thank you for the owner feedback.

Enjoy the watch.

Apprentice
    Here’s another one. Same iPhone attempt I’m afraid...hence why I couldn’t quite get the penguins in focus