closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: CWC latest.

Hybrid View

Hmmm

I pulled out of an eBay bidding run on a 2013 SBS at £425 - it went for £450.

Whilst I like them, I am not sure I like them at the money being discussed here.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Hmmm

I pulled out of an eBay bidding run on a 2013 SBS at £425 - it went for £450.

Whilst I like them, I am not sure I like them at the money being discussed here.

I fully agree Chris. I wouldn't want to pay that much for a work/rough and tumble watch and have it end up looking like mine . . . ;-)

F.T.F.A.

Swing and a miss. I’d have expected more than a cheapo tin box for £2k, too. CWC are very greedy.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ped View Post
    Swing and a miss. I’d have expected more than a cheapo tin box for £2k, too. CWC are very greedy.
    I don't think it's just CWC being greedy. I'd suggest it's Silverman's having some input too.

its a miss for me too, don't like the faux patina and the price tag is way too high.

Wonder if it will end up being discounted when they've still got half of them in stock in six months time?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by NigeG View Post
    I don't think it's just CWC being greedy. I'd suggest it's Silverman's having some input too.

its a miss for me too, don't like the faux patina and the price tag is way too high.

Wonder if it will end up being discounted when they've still got half of them in stock in six months time?
    I might be wrong but I thought that Silverman's & CWC are actually the same group of guys... So it's really just about £/$'s

Cabot Watch Company was founded in 1972 by Ray Mellor but is now owned by Silverman’s...
    Silverman's rarely discount... As shown by the CWC mechanical Chronographs that they had in stock for years!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by K.I.T.T. View Post
    Silverman's rarely discount... As shown by the CWC mechanical Chronographs that they had in stock for years!
    That's probably a good sign in many ways, especially for the early adopters.

As you pointed out CWC are owned by Silverman's so they'll have plenty of margin to play with and can sit on these for as long as it takes to shift them.

Craftsman
    I used to love CWC, for me they were great value tool watches. Now the prices have shot up they just don’t appeal anymore. They’re still the same, fairly basic watches but at high prices which takes them out of the beater market. I picked up my new SBS ( biggest selling regret) a few years ago for not much more than £300. I even preferred the old website compared to their new one which has had the marketing department go to town on it! I’ve given my opinion of the Diver re-issue over in watch talk.