closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The motivation weight loss thread

Hybrid View

Master

Damn!

Ordered a takeaway last night AND a few drinks as well. My excuse is wife and son are away to India for a brief holiday.
    Should have stayed strong. Just 2 more Kgs to my target weight. It will just take little bit longer. I have come to the conclusion losing weight is not the problem keeping it off is!

Quote Originally Posted by 72bpm View Post
    Ordered a takeaway last night AND a few drinks as well. My excuse is wife and son are away to India for a brief holiday.
    Should have stayed strong. Just 2 more Kgs to my target weight. It will just take little bit longer. I have come to the conclusion losing weight is not the problem keeping it off is!
    Stay strong its just one day, right if off and start again

My thinking is that to lose it and keep it off you need to think long term, no point having short term goals and reverting back to old habits, for me at least it was/is a huge lifestyle change and the bad days are inevitable

I am at my target weight now but I am still doing/eating the same as I was when trying to lose (although a little more and a bit less strict) some weeks I may gain and most of the time I lose a little, eventually I will get the balance right

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Montybaber View Post
    Stay strong its just one day, right if off and start again

My thinking is that to lose it and keep it off you need to think long term, no point having short term goals and reverting back to old habits, for me at least it was/is a huge lifestyle change and the bad days are inevitable

I am at my target weight now but I am still doing/eating the same as I was when trying to lose (although a little more and a bit less strict) some weeks I may gain and most of the time I lose a little, eventually I will get the balance right
    Thank you for your encouragement. Absolutely, I think any diet should be test against the principle - Can this be done lifelong? If the diet passes then it will be OK. All I'm trying to do is eat sensibly, meaning no snacking no eating rubbish and eating less! If I get hunger pangs I snack on some fruits always carry an extra banana & an apple in my rucksack. I've always loved food and and have overate my way through life. After hitting the 40s + and watching most of my friends lose weight I felt it was time to lose some weight. Luckily I'm not too overweight so 7 Kg loss should do it. Idea is to get my BMI in the middle of the range. Then work on strength building and improving cardiovascular endurance.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 72bpm View Post

A mistress/lover would do it. Keeps your mind off eating AND costs quite a bit of energy. VERY motivational too: ´mine´ sent me a video of me a year ago and lycra cycling trunks. I am quite resolved to stay even stricter still :-)

Banned
    Blog Entries

Motivational link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW47gb01FeA

The 5 kilos I can still shed are a bit ´compromised´ in that I am building up muscle too. As such shedding 5 will be quite a bit more in fat.
    At the moment I must, based on calory intake/used, still be dropping >1 kilo of fat per week but my weight is going down by less than a pound only.
    That would mean 12 weeks to go still....
    On the bright side is that it will be my set routine life style by that time!