closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Latest Chris Ward addition

Latest Chris Ward addition

Received my new addition to the growing Christopher Ward collection ..

Purchased off a CW forum member in excellent condition

43mm GMT Trident Pro 600

Lovely black wave dial and will sit well within the collection!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Very nice. Truly underrated IMHO.
    Really fancy trying the Vintage Trident myself. Looks great.
    Thanks for sharing.

Vintage trident is lovely

I am eyeing up a c65 trident classic LE next .. looks gorgeous

Either that or I'm drawn to the bronze case/blue dial trident ..

Looks really nice that! Love the texture on the dial

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Robins View Post
    Looks really nice that! Love the texture on the dial
    Of all the things on the dial, I love the logo the most - they got it right with this one: it works both with the vintage hands and the Eurostile writing below, it's reasonably balanced, and it still spells the brand. That dot-matrix nonsense they have now often feels overbearing on the dial, and if you don't know the brand already, it doesn't tell you anything.

Oh well - enjoy the watch, Dannyblack, it really is lovely.

Nice watches, as another Trident owner I agree with what others have said, quite under rated and great value 2nd hand or in one of their (many) sales...

Which one is the Vintage Trident?

I've had a couple of Tridents (One a Kingfisher, like the yellow one, and one a black dialed, orange bezeled C60), but I couldn't really grow to love either of them.

They always look great in photos, though, especially those in CW ads or their magazine.

I only have a Makaira now.

M.
    Last edited by snowman; 14th February 2018 at 13:02.

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Which one is the Vintage Trident?

I've had a couple of Tridents (One a Kingfisher, like the yellow one, and one a black dialed, orange bezeled C60), but I couldn't really grow to love either of them.

They always look great in photos, though, especially those in CW ads or their magazine.

I only have a Makaira now.

M.
    There are two types of the vintage

There's the C65 which is currently on sale on CW direct https://www.christopherward.co.uk/ev...e-black-18812a

And a classic trident C60 also in the same sale

https://www.christopherward.co.uk/ev...vintage-5418b0

Quote Originally Posted by dannyblack View Post
    There are two types of the vintage

There's the C65 which is currently on sale on CW direct https://www.christopherward.co.uk/ev...e-black-18812a

And a classic trident C60 also in the same sale

https://www.christopherward.co.uk/ev...vintage-5418b0
    Ah right, thanks - I thought one of those in the OP were being described as the 'Vintage Trident'.

M.

How bright is the lume in of these? I have to say it looks very, very nice! Overall fit&finish, how would you score it from 1-10? What would you compare it to?
    Thanks for sharing this

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by scucivolo View Post
    How bright is the lume in of these? I have to say it looks very, very nice! Overall fit&finish, how would you score it from 1-10? What would you compare it to?
    Thanks for sharing this

Hi scuc,

Here are some pics of the lume I took last night

Quote Originally Posted by scucivolo View Post
    Thanks for sharing this

I have a few CW watches, including the Trident. Whilst the watches are of decent quality for the price, if bought with at least 30% discount, I have found the lume to be very short lived.

Agree, these are great value, especially with a discount...also have the Trident Pro 600 with the logo in top centre (preferred position), and it's a favourite daily wearer.

Love the look, size and weight.

Yeah the lume I recharged with standard led torch I had last night just to test and show on pic

But doesn't last long at all

Older logo top centre looks best to me too. In fact it's the only reason that I haven't bought a new one. Great looking watch. Would really like to hear about the quality compared to something in a similar rrp price range?

Quote Originally Posted by rjwanderer22 View Post
    Agree, these are great value, especially with a discount...also have the Trident Pro 600 with the logo in top centre (preferred position), and it's a favourite daily wearer.

Love the look, size and weight.

Quote Originally Posted by manganr View Post
    Older logo top centre looks best to me too. In fact it's the only reason that I haven't bought a new one. Great looking watch. Would really like to hear about the quality compared to something in a similar rrp price range?
    I believe a direct competitor would be soemthing like a longines hydroconquest or along those lines

Never physically had or worn one so can't pass comment

VOUCHER CODES

Received recently from CHRISTOPHER WARD and may be useful to anyone about to make a "purchase by phone or online".

Valid to 31 March 2018.

Voucher Code: 50SPRING18 Spend £300 or more and get £50 off.

Voucher Code: 100SPRING18 Spend £500 or more and get £100 off.

Received my new addition to the growing Christopher Ward collection ..

Purchased off a CW forum member in excellent condition

43mm GMT Trident Pro 600

Lovely black wave dial and will sit well within the collection!

Love it..... love it love it love it !!!?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    That's my favourite CW watch. Did own the newer Trident 300 but couldn't get away with the logo on the left. If you fancy getting rid give me a shout!

The original Kingfisher, probably my favourite Christopher Ward watch. The Limited Edition yellow and in particular sunburnt orange autos were the best.

Quote Originally Posted by rjwanderer22 View Post
    Received recently from CHRISTOPHER WARD and may be useful to anyone about to make a "purchase by phone or online".

Valid to 31 March 2018.

Voucher Code: 50SPRING18 Spend £300 or more and get £50 off.

Voucher Code: 100SPRING18 Spend £500 or more and get £100 off.
    It's a good deal but shame it doesn't include the nearly new or 30% off watches too only full priced

Quote Originally Posted by bigvic View Post
    The original Kingfisher, probably my favourite Christopher Ward watch. The Limited Edition yellow and in particular sunburnt orange autos were the best.
    There was a chap on CW forums selling the yellow auto I purchased off him and also he had an orange quartz and blue quartz Kingfisher

I would have bought all 3 but could only warrant one at the time so vouched for the auto in the end

There was a chap on CW forums selling the yellow auto I purchased off him and also he had an orange quartz and blue quartz Kingfisher

I would have bought all 3 but could only warrant one at the time so vouched for the auto in the end

Good choice, but if you ever have the chance to get the sunburnt orange auto do, it really was something special.

Quote Originally Posted by bigvic View Post
    Good choice, but if you ever have the chance to get the sunburnt orange auto do, it really was something special.
    It was snapped up pretty quick

£240 too bargain

Craftsman
    My CW is a daily beater and has put up with everything I throw at it. Great watch but was put off by what seemed their constant attempts to copy Omega and Rolex designs. The Trident does look good though and I could be tempted to buy another.

Quote Originally Posted by Culminator View Post
    what seemed their constant attempts to copy Omega and Rolex designs.
    Which designs have they constantly sought to copy?

The wave effect dial is clearly 'borrowed' from the Omega Seamaster, and the Trident used to bear a passing resemblance to a Submariner (but then so do a very many dive watch designs), though a lot less so since they changed the markers to batons.

As in the case of the Kingfisher above, I think their designs tend to be reasonably original as a whole, to the extent, dare I say, that some are decidedly 'marmite' in nature.

Been said to death but I'm a bit resentful of how their prices are considerably steeped up compared to what they once were but I appreciate that just part of brand-building.

deliberated over one of these or a Steinhart for some time and opted for the Steinhart but I don't think I would have been displeased either way on this level of price/quality.

Craftsman
    [QUOTE=Stringer;4667960]Which designs have they constantly sought to copy?

Well you've just mentioned two yourself and the C7 Rapide on my wrist right now is a direct copy of a Speedmaster.

Nothing against CW, great watches at a great price.

Hmmm…I don’t see a similarity in just one or two small design aspects (amongst many other aesthetic choices) on the current & discontinued Tridents as being the same as constantly copying other models, especially when each carries/carried other characteristics that clearly differentiates them. Picking on one distinct design cue, you could make the case that virtually anyone has copied someone else. It’s not like they’re Steinhart, making facsimiles of Rolex models.

I agree that the Rapide Mk1 did bear certain similarity to a Moonwatch, but then again, so do a lot of tri-register chronographs with a tachymeter scale - and there’s rather a lot of them made by other brands. Again, it’s one that has also evolved in a different direction since.

Those apart, CW have produced a crazy array of distinct watch designs in their time – in fact, it’s an issue for which I’ve been critical of them in the past, as their eclectic design choices & ‘brand look’ were very scattershot, all over the place.

I do agree that the Trident is a handsome, capable watch, and excellent value for money.

Journeyman
    The new C7 is much more distinct and the multipart case is well done. I have three of their watches with differing logos and positioning all look great to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Why did they have to change the logo?! I do have a dislike of companies that change their logos but to change it for something so "un-watch-like" as their new one beggars belief.

Apart from that, lovely watches I think.