closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sales corner

Is there a kind of cream cheese that is lighter than air? If so, would the moon be sitting quite happily on top of the earth's atmosphere, contentedly rolling from side to side?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Resulting in an Omega Limited Edition with a dog on the dial
    Class...

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    I have recently joined a Facebook group where people are seriously discussing whether the earth is flat. As all of the standing members seem to be in agreement and everybody who tries to argue with them will be banned sooner rather than later, the discussion occasionally slows down and gets a bit dull. May I use your argument for a fresh inspirational post in the group, suppose the idea will keep them busy for a week or so?
    Be my guest. See if they can work out why we always have to look up at the moon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    It was just plain nick picking for the sake of it.
    Would it be nick picking to point out that it's nitpicking?

Quote Originally Posted by hhhh View Post
    maybe. unless you were picnicking
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

mmmmmm....picnic

Craftsman
    Having been a mod on other forums I have seen this exact argument plus the associated “should we split it into two” question before.

Splitting is a good idea but mustn’t be done too soon. If it is, the new split one can very easily die through lack of readership.

Policing them? Does anyone who’s read half of this thread believe there aren’t enough pedantic, etc, people here who would be happy to self police?

And yes, the majority of people are happy with one forum. Are they also happy to suppress the minority who aren’t?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fraggle42 View Post
    Having been a mod on other forums I have seen this exact argument plus the associated “should we split it into two” question before.

Splitting is a good idea but mustn’t be done too soon. If it is, the new split one can very easily die through lack of readership.

Policing them? Does anyone who’s read half of this thread believe there aren’t enough pedantic, etc, people here who would be happy to self police?

And yes, the majority of people are happy with one forum. Are they also happy to suppress the minority who aren’t?

I vote we split - and don't pay the €60M - but this could all end in chaos with closure. Oh hang on are we taking about SC - I thought this was the forum for talking mainly about watches

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    There are no "mods" on this forum.
    There is a forum owner.
    He created one sales corner for members to sell watches and non watch related items. He is regularly very clear about this.

Are the minority who aren't happy with it willing to give him more work and more grief on this free to use platform because they're not capable of skimming past items they aren't interested in?

We could split into watches and none-watches. The watch side we could split between Rolex and other watches, or Rolex, Omega, Seiko, Grand Seiko, Haute Horology etc.
    The OT section we could split.... well, you get my point. Maybe we should just leave it as it is. And maybe this isn't a democracy in the first place?
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    There is a forum owner.
    He created one sales corner for members to sell watches and non watch related items. He is regularly very clear about this.

Are the minority who aren't happy with it willing to give him more work and more grief on this free to use platform because they're not capable of skimming past items they aren't interested in?
    Exactly Celia!

No one is suppressing anyone, the owner wants one SC and probably couldn’t care less what anyone else thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Exactly Celia!

No one is suppressing anyone, the owner wants one SC and probably couldn’t care less what anyone else thinks.
    If he doesn't care less, why do loads of others get agitated on his behalf?

Maybe the OP hasn't seen Eddie's previously stated preference for keeping the status quo?

What about WTB BTW - could it be split?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post

Maybe the OP hasn't seen Eddie's previously stated preference for keeping the status quo?

What about WTB BTW - could it be split?
    I can’t speak for those who get agitated, you’ll have to ask them.

Having said that, this topic is raised on a regular basis which I’m sure many find irritating.

Why would you want to split the WTB forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I can’t speak for those who get agitated, you’ll have to ask them.

Having said that, this topic is raised on a regular basis which I’m sure many find irritating.

Why would you want to split the WTB forum?
    Many other topics are repeated regularly - PB/how to post 'pics', taxes on buying watch abroad, best way to post a watch etc. Equally irritating.

Some may want WTB split for the same reason they'd want SC split.

How about we split the forum into 'New Subjects' and 'Subjects already raised but we are discussing again'?

Then we could have a special thread where discuss whether subjects are sufficiently new or not.

Sick of it.
    If you don't like how the fora are run go somewhere else, maybe WUS?

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Stating facts and spinning a question round is hardly "agitated"

Quote Originally Posted by alfat33 View Post
    How about we split the forum into 'New Subjects' and 'Subjects already raised but we are discussing again'?

Then we could have a special thread where discuss whether subjects are sufficiently new or not.
    That makes a lot of sense. 😀
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

They don't get agitated 'on his behalf', it's because they think they have a stake in the forum

Quote Originally Posted by alfat33 View Post
    I prefer to split the forum into 'posts written by someone who knows what they are talking about' (ie mine) and 'posts by those who think they do but don't' (ie everyone elses)

Judging by alot of the content, it's a very popular view around here.

Or two sales sections, one for those were the OP has taken the time and trouble to write a decent sales post and taken a few fresh images of their own and the other for those who simply link to the listing that they bought the item from or promise to upload some images later tonight or tomorrow because they have typed the sale listing whilst sitting on the bog at work.
    Last edited by Wallasey Runner; 23rd November 2017 at 23:16.

How about a TSC for those tentative sales?

Be my guest. See if they can work out why we always have to look up at the moon.
    I'll put the question.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1077...8099119683035/

https://christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-c017.html

Christian answers?

I remember years ago some religious nutter had calculated that the Earth was only 4,500 years old and this was based on Jesus being around 2,000 years ago and following the linage back through the Old Testiment to Adam and Eve in the first 7 days equalled 4,500 years.

They got the 4.5 right, only in years it was billions and not thousands. No wonder the Church struggles with science.

Anyway, new shoes anyone...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hhhh View Post
    oooh pick me, pick me!

Once at school PE, I was not only picked last (technically that is not actually being 'picked' at all), it was after Russell, who still had a full plaster cast on one leg.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    There is a forum owner.

Aren't you implying that Ed saying he is "happy for any legal goods to be sold" == "he only wants one sale forum". They are not the same thing.

I haven't been here that long, but the consensus appears to be that there is a greater percentage of non watch released sales than there were a few years ago, I haven't seen anyone disagree with that.

Basically it's suggestion for Eddie, and myself and you and everyone else can put forward their pros and cons regarding the idea.

If he likes the idea, and has the spare time to do it, and thinks it won't detract, it may happen.

If he doesn't, it won't.

That's all.

Craftsman
    Many other topics are repeated regularly - PB/how to post 'pics', taxes on buying watch abroad, best way to post a watch etc. Equally irritating.
    Why are they irritating?

Surely if you see a thread you don't like, you simply skip over it. Like, like, err, oh I don't know, SC perhaps? :)

Aren't you implying that Ed saying he is "happy for any legal goods to be sold" == "he only wants one sale forum". They are not the same thing.

I haven't been here that long, but the consensus appears to be that there is a greater percentage of non watch released sales than there were a few years ago, I haven't seen anyone disagree with that.

Basically it's suggestion for Eddie, and myself and you and everyone else can put forward their pros and cons regarding the idea.

If he likes the idea, and has the spare time to do it, and thinks it won't detract, it may happen.

If he doesn't, it won't.

That's all.
    You are of course 100% correct however be careful, some people don’t allow you to have an opinion unless
    its the same as theirs.

Blog Entries

If he doesn't, it won't.

That's all.
    Because, as has been stated earlier, this has been done and dusted.

The answer was and probably is no, he won't change a thing.

Nothing to do with not being able to have an opinion, just preventing things being discussed over and over again.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

SC is what it's always been and I don't understand why it causes so much contention. In the past Eddie has closed it due to the grief it's caused him. If you don't like what you see and you can't ignore it, go to BP and have a moan.

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo697 View Post
    SC is what it's always been and I don't understand why it causes so much contention. In the past Eddie has closed it due to the grief it's caused him. If you don't like what you see and you can't ignore it, go to BP and have a moan.
    There is those who think it would be a major catastrophe if SC were to be closed for a few weeks and there is those who think it wouldn't be such a bad idea.

What do you think?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    There is those who think it would be a major catastrophe if SC were to be closed for a few weeks and there is those who think it wouldn't be such a bad idea.

What do you think?
    The number of visitors would drop immediately and not be missed. The forum posse would have to think about a watch subject to post on out of the bear pit. Would be interesting.

Master
    I must be missing something, because I still don't see what all the fuss is about. Don't read threads which don't interest you. All this seems a bit like saying you won't read the basic watch forum because not every subject engages you.
    It's not a real problem, rather a manufactured 'row' . Just let SC sail on, warts and all. Remember the song, 'you don't know what you've got until it's gone....'
    Last edited by paskinner; 24th November 2017 at 13:00.

If he doesn't, it won't.

That's all.
    See post #9 in this thread. That’s how the owner set things up 14 years ago, and I presume he still likes it that way. I’m sure that if you PM him with your concerns he will take action on your behalf.
    F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by burnsey66 View Post
    The number of visitors would drop immediately and not be missed. The forum posse would have to think about a watch subject to post on out of the bear pit. Would be interesting.
    Welcome back Steve

Banned
    Welcome back Steve
    Thanks mate!

I have to admit missing this place over recent months and the GTG in Manchester was the straw that broke the camels back - there really are some good eggs on here and the hobby is one I enjoy too much to restrict it to Instagram and Facebook.

You’ve seen me pop on to use SC and although I will say with certainty, prices are no better/worse these days than ‘in the real world’, it remains a safe platform to buy and sell. These posts are a shame - slagging the facility.

Sales Corner is a massive draw, but standing back for a while did help me to realise I was wrong to try and enforce the rules, as those who constantly do take no notice anyway and it becomes an annoyance to others.

It’s almost a year since my exclusion from the Bear Pit, so even if I was granted access, I wouldn’t make it a regular place to visit - but that won’t happen any more than Jimp paying into the fundraiser for his multiple sales each week.

Won’t be here quite as much as in the past, but do intend to post from time to time.

Now, I await the various the various 'flouncer returns' posts, from the lifetime haters...

Master
    Welcome back Burnsey sorry I missed you at the GTG maybe the next one.

Master
    I think we are so lucky to have such a brilliant sales corner on this forum, I have bought and sold numerous watches on here and I also at times sell other things like some leftover quality hardwood flooring from our extension and various other things that I sold to really good forum members and for me I feel very safe buying and selling on here rather than eBay as I really trust the forum members and that's why it's great that we can use it that way and non watch sales to me make it more interesting as mostly it's watches anyway, and if it bugs you then don't look as it isn't a big deal is it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bootneck View Post
    Welcome back Burnsey sorry I missed you at the GTG maybe the next one
    You apparently come with a health warning

Master
    You apparently come with a health warning
    Lies and propaganda mate

I do have a good time though

Yeah, welcome back Steve. Time to change your location.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    Yeah, welcome back Steve. Time to change your location.
    Cheers buddy, just off to speed browse and catch up...

What watches have you these days ?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    What watches have you these days ?
    Changes daily, but will save that for a catch up post.

Safe to say, 99% on here will hate each and every one of them!

Probably the same lot. He had achieved a pretty good pinnacle.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

I hope you're not going to stop posting on the Gser forum Steve, they make me chuckle just like your posts here did

Thanks mate!

I have to admit missing this place over recent months and the GTG in Manchester was the straw that broke the camels back - there really are some good eggs on here and the hobby is one I enjoy too much to restrict it to Instagram and Facebook.
    I enjoyed meeting you at the GTG, even though you did call me fat. Unclealec was so excited to meet you I think he wet himself. But that might just a combination of ale and age.

Stick around this time mate. You are not the shy type

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Probably the same lot. He had achieved a pretty good pinnacle.
    Only one survived is the Sky-Dweller...

Quote Originally Posted by Thewatchbloke View Post
    I hope you're not going to stop posting on the Gser forum Steve, they make me chuckle just like your posts here did
    No way!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    I enjoyed meeting you at the GTG, even though you did call me fat. Unclealec was so excited to meet you I think he wet himself. But that might just a combination of ale and age.

Stick around this time mate. You are not the shy type
    Fatter than I expected, not fat mate x.

Craftsman
    SC is absolutely fine and selling non watch items doesn't bother me. I have bought on SC 3 phones and sold 1, and trying not to get tempted and buy another one soon. Knives, cars, why not.

However some threads are irritating for sure. Especially the one selling old shoes "with plenty of life in them" or some tatty old jackets with a nice "patina". People should just give those to charity, and stop bumping endlessly the posts.

Sent from my SM-G955F using TZ-UK mobile app

Sales corner

The flouncer returns!!

Welcome back Steve, hope all’s well.