closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Cancelled My Sky TV

Hybrid View

Master
    Really need to persuade my elderly parent to allow me to threaten to cancel but he's totally wedded to watching sports it's hard to persuade him he wouldn't miss a day. Hopefully.
    Its crazy that you have to go through the cancelling charade to get their best prices when he's paid full whack for ten plus years. Ho hum.

Master
    I 'cancel' my sky every year - it's the game you need to play sadly. They ALWAYS call you after a couple of weeks and lately they email too. As the notice is 1 month you never actually leave. This time I've got the HD, movies, sports, multi room, telephone and broadband. Also for £2.50 per month they came and fitted a second brand new sky box in my boys playroom which offers everything as well. Entire lot is £61 per month plus they have me £50 off!

It annoys me that you have to do this, but years back I was paying BT £40 a month for phone and broad band so to have it all in the one price is worth it.

Leave and they will make the offers.

Master
    Cancelled my sky TV but kept the phone and broadband. Due to be switched off on Wednesday, and have had no offers through from them to stay. Just bought a new TV and will try out Netflix, Amazon prime and freeview and will see how that goes for a while

Craftsman
    I never got a 50% offer, best was circa 23%.

Telephone and broadband is now with Plusnet and Sky TV goes off on 20th of this month. Can't say I am that bothered tbh, now using Netflix and Freesat. When I actually looked at what channels we watch we only really lost Comedy Central.

My Sky has now ended, I have been offered now 33% off for 5 years. I told them to do one

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    My Sky has now ended, I have been offered now 33% off for 5 years. I told them to do one
    I'm sure I read somewhere that Sky's cancellations were declining and subscriber numbers were increasing, so they may have less reason to offer huge discounts to retain customers at the moment.

Craftsman
    I'm on the dreaded talktalk, but recently renewed and pay £23 a month currently for line rental, fibre, unlimited phone calls, and youview box, going up to £35 I think after 12 months. Could add sky sports for £15p/m if I wanted...

Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    So you had no joy then? Shame.

I've just resubscribed to netflix (for Making a Murderer) but its hugely improved since I last had it (and even then I also used the US one). I've not watched sky in about 2 weeks. I would bin it off again totally if the mrs would. Even though I did benefit from the 60% 12 months discount

Unless they match that again later in the year I'll be off.

Well here's the way to do it!

After cancelling I went straight back in to the 'home' page on the Sky website and clicked the 'welcome back' big blue button (signed in to my account) and there was a 50% off offer in there to re-join!!!
    There was a 'chat now' link so I contacted them via the link and wangled a £100 credit on top also.
    Not great but not bad either.
    I took the offer and re-joined.
    Didn't bother waiting for calls, emails or the post.

So basically cancelled via chat and re-joined via chat all in the space of about 2 hours.
    Last edited by Thorien; 8th February 2016 at 18:06.

Quote Originally Posted by deepreddave View Post
    Really need to persuade my elderly parent to allow me to threaten to cancel but he's totally wedded to watching sports it's hard to persuade him he wouldn't miss a day. Hopefully.
    Its crazy that you have to go through the cancelling charade to get their best prices when he's paid full whack for ten plus years. Ho hum.
    Just ring up and pretend to be your dad
    That's what I do lol
    Security is easy

- - - Updated - - -

That's what I do lol
    Security is easy

- - - Updated - - -

That's what I do lol
    Security is easy