closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Which football club do you support?

Banned

Re: Which football club do you support?

Rangers (Ironic given the post above) 8)

apprently i "bleed"
    :D

I'm a Leeds Utd supporter, always have been, always will be. :D

Andy

Craftsman

Boro, they are having a hard time at the moment.

Journeyman

Manchester City.

I know, I know.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by j17ykp
    apprently i "bleed"
    :D
    awright geez. Me too :D

BTW I don't really talk like that just most ppl expect if your a gooner your either a geezer or a glory boy.

Master
    A little fishing village on the banks of the mersey.

everton and anyone who,s playing the red shite from across the park.btw nice one chelsea .

My team is Chesterfield F.C.as I was born there.I used to live only a mile from the ground so as a kid I used to go every week even to watch the reserves.

Greatest claIm to fame-1996/1997 FA Cup semi final where David Ellerey robbed us of a Final place when a shot from Jonathan Howard bounced two feet over the line and he did'nt give it.

Not that I am bitter or anything!!

PS David Elleray has been invited to supporters get togethers but he has always turned us down-I wonder why!!

Quote Originally Posted by the big fella
    everton and anyone who,s playing the red shite from across the park.btw nice one chelsea .
    Was at Goodison last Sunday, (eldest Son is a Wigan supporter and treated(?) me to the game.

Jezz your ground is tired and shabby, how long before the move to Kirby? Is it really going to happen?

Oh, and you must have the quietest supporters in the land, even at 4 - 0 they weren't singing. :?
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny
    My team is Chesterfield F.C.as I was born there.I used to live only a mile from the ground so as a kid I used to go every week even to watch the reserves.

Greatest claIm to fame-1996/1997 FA Cup semi final where David Ellerey robbed us of a Final place when a shot from Jonathan Howard bounced two feet over the line and he did'nt give it.

Not that I am bitter or anything!!

PS David Elleray has been invited to supporters get togethers but he has always turned us down-I wonder why!!
    Perhaps he thought he may be on the end of a good shoeing! :lol: :lol: :wink:
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Griswold
    Was at Goodison last Sunday, (eldest Son is a Wigan supporter and treated(?) me to the game.

Jezz your ground is tired and shabby, how long before the move to Kirby? Is it really going to happen?

Oh, and you must have the quietest supporters in the land, even at 4 - 0 they weren't singing. :?
    Nothing to sing about Peter,routine 4-0 against the Piemen we're saving it for the semi. :D

Master
    Exiled in the Land that time forgot - Yorkshire

United here & YES I'm from Manchester! Season ticket holder too.

I'm bringing the children up correct too...

Cheers

Adam

On reflection the list of teams I support is quite an eclectic one.

Apart from the red and white wizards, it is both traditional, i.e anyone who Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday are playing, and tactical.

So today fate is pointing my fickle and mercenary affection towards...............

Master
    Blog Entries

CHERRIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)

URZ!

Reading FC that is :D although lately it has been more like :x

Master

newcastle united and also gateshead fc 8)

Master

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalBlue
    URZ!
    Ah! Fake Hoops AND a fake Bristolian accent... :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by adam164
    United here & YES I'm from Manchester! Season ticket holder too.

I'm bringing the children up correct too...

Cheers

Adam
    Sweet :wink: Lets see that masterpiece again ........

Man Utd and my hometown team.......Belfast Glentoran 8)

Quote Originally Posted by nickk
    URZ!
    The original hoops actually!! :P and a Berkshire accent :roll:

Master

URZ!
    http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Quee...rk_Rangers.htm
    http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Reading/Reading.htm

Well, if you really want to call that 1872 prison issue garb (which frankly looks like the sort of kit in which one might play baseball) 'hoops'...! Rather inconveniently though, as I'm sure you are aware, Reading wore stripes until 1938, and have done so for over half the time they have been a 'professional' club.

And In West London we choose to persist with the old-fashioned addition of an 's' to pluralise (or pluralize I suppose) words.
    URs! :)

Still, good luck in the playoffs; a quick rehearsal though, just in case,
    'Next year, we'll see you all next year...' :wink:

Craftsman

My sister in law works for Newcastle United, so naturally my loyalties lie with Lisburn Distillery. :D

Another one for 'The Mighty Leeds'. Yeah, i know i live in South Wales but i was born and bred in Beeston overlooking 'the theatre of screams' and left home at 16. An 'Interesting' military career brought me down here. Lifelong Leeds fan and often wear my shirt in Cardiff (Yeah, right!) :D

And yes, i have one or two football related tats! :D

URZ!
    http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Quee...rk_Rangers.htm
    http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Reading/Reading.htm

Well, if you really want to call that 1872 prison issue garb (which frankly looks like the sort of kit in which one might play baseball) 'hoops'...! Rather inconveniently though, as I'm sure you are aware, Reading wore stripes until 1938, and have done so for over half the time they have been a 'professional' club.

And In West London we choose to persist with the old-fashioned addition of an 's' to pluralise (or pluralize I suppose) words.
    URs! :)

Still, good luck in the playoffs; a quick rehearsal though, just in case,
    'Next year, we'll see you all next year...' :wink:
    'The first club kit that Reading Football Club wore was a hoop striped jersey in the colors of navy blue and white. The blue and white hoop striped shirt is the most recognizable feature of Reading Football Club's appearance over time, and this was the design of the club kit from 1872 until the 1891 season.'

'Club: QPR (Queens Park Rangers)
    Formed: 1882'

I rest my case... :lol:

I can't see us geting through the playoffs though, if you had seen them play since xmas then i'm sure you would agree. We have been pretty dire this year. Your boys did give us the run-around at our place, one of the better sides i've seen.

CHELSEA again. :D :D :D

Quote Originally Posted by patrick
    CHELSEA again. :D :D :D
    It's always a pleasure to watch Drogba play...
    .......if you like diving, time wasting, cheating shits. To a neutral he looked a disgrace towards the end. Good also, to see Frank still dedicating his goals in his lovey heartfelt way to old Ma Lampard in the sky. Pity he can't do it for his country. :roll:
    F.T.F.A.

Brentford, and Munster rfc :)

Master
    A little fishing village on the banks of the mersey.

Quote Originally Posted by Griswold

would,nt say beating wigan 4-0 is hardly anything to get excited about really peter.
    go to wembley on sunday peter i g,tee you,ll hear them sing .as for the ground being tatty pete bit better than southports though mate init.

Journeyman

Doncaster Rovers

Master

I rather thought the fact that I live is South Wales and support Manchester United might bring the ABU's out of the woodwork with their pathetic, predictable response. Oh dear! Some folk think that to support United is a bad thing to do - My God!!! I must be a bad person.....

I am not ashamed to say that I have supported them since May 1963 when I saw United rip apart a (then) very good Leicester City team in the Cup Final and turn them over 3-1 by fast, open football played with a cavalier spirit that captured my imagination, not to mention the fact that I have a well established family connection with the club. I have enjoyed the highs (rather a lot of them over the last 15 years or so) and lows, especially in the mid 1970's, but my support has never wavered. I don't feel that I must support a team just because that's where I live.... If I did I would support Cardiff City.... but I don't. Nor do I feel that I have to not support a team just because some sad tosspots say so.... Would you say that I must be a Charlotte Church fan as opposed to a fan of Aretha Frankin? Or a Harry Secombe fan as opposed to Tony Bennett? I rather feel that as a rational human being I am allowed to choose whoever I wish support, in football, music or any other field.

And do you want to know a secret? - I really, really don't care who you support, but I do know that anyone who takes umbrage with a person's choice of team on geographical grounds is one sad puppy. So to any postcode-supporter who thinks I don't have a right to do that - go get a life.

Master

Man Utd
    and the might Yeovil town

Quote Originally Posted by Barryboy
    I rather thought the fact that I live is South Wales and support Manchester United might bring the ABU's out of the woodwork with their pathetic, predictable response. Oh dear! Some folk think that to support United is a bad thing to do - My God!!! I must be a bad person.....

I am not ashamed to say that I have supported them since May 1963 when I saw United rip apart a (then) very good Leicester City team in the Cup Final and turn them over 3-1 by fast, open football played with a cavalier spirit that captured my imagination, not to mention the fact that I have a well established family connection with the club. I have enjoyed the highs (rather a lot of them over the last 15 years or so) and lows, especially in the mid 1970's, but my support has never wavered. I don't feel that I must support a team just because that's where I live.... If I did I would support Cardiff City.... but I don't. Nor do I feel that I have to not support a team just because some sad tosspots say so.... Would you say that I must be a Charlotte Church fan as opposed to a fan of Aretha Frankin? Or a Harry Secombe fan as opposed to Tony Bennett? I rather feel that as a rational human being I am allowed to choose whoever I wish support, in football, music or any other field.

And do you want to know a secret? - I really, really don't care who you support, but I do know that anyone who takes umbrage with a person's choice of team on geographical grounds is one sad puppy. So to any postcode-supporter who thinks I don't have a right to do that - go get a life.
    Blimey BB calm down.

Like when most football supporters get together there has been some amusing and light hearted banter on here between members and their teams, your reply is just pure venom. :roll:

Not in the right spirit at all IMO.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Marske -by - Sea United FC :D

Real men playing not these bloody overpaid, 'ooh look I've fallen down', cry babies :D

Rod

Craftsman

The Mighty U's! Oxford Utd that is. Maybe we'll get back to the big time next season....

Liverpool

YNWA! :mrgreen:

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73

I live on St James's Boulevard. When Newcastle score at home, it rattles my windows. Fortunately, it's not been much of a problem for the last couple of years.
    My parents live in Kenton, and when I was a kid you could hear the crowd roar from there if Newcastle scored. Must be nearly 2 miles away.

Only seen the toon once last season at West Ham. They were awful.

Master

Being a workaholic I became less and less interested in the great game over the years. I still watch the England games out of (misplaced?) patriotism, but...

As a local child I lived the Wimbledon fairytale of their FA cup run in '75 and when they progressed from non-leaguers in '77 to Div1 status. The move to Selhurst Park in '88 spelt the end of it for me as that coincided with the responsibilities of buying my first house and needing to work all hours to pay for it.

Despite living a couple of hundred miles away I followed Liverpool during their all-conquering Bob Paisley era. Being so young I knew nothing of the "North/South divide" and was stunned by their European and domestic success from '75 and on through Joe Fagan. I didn't know that a club could play that well on an international stage and it made me proud to be British - something that I have never forgotten.

By the late 80's my interest had wained. I was sick of the inter-club hatred and the oppressive attitudes that I had never noticed as a child. With the beginning of the recession I had to use all my energy to keep a roof over my head because they were worrying times and I never regained my love of club football.

However, when I (briefly) lived in Southsea I couldn't help but keep a eye on how Pompey were doing as it is a real footballing town. Perhaps more importantly though, I learned that the phrase "getting off at Fratton" had nothing to do with stopping on a train just before Portsmouth to visit the football ground, but was a euphamism for 'pulling out on the vinegar strokes'. Childish maybe, but it still makes me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterM

As a local child I lived the Wimbledon fairytale of their FA cup run in '75 and when they progressed from non-leaguers in '77 to Div1 status.

I used to go down Plough lane in the old days and stand on the terrace in the corner near the pie stand next to the actor Alun Armstrong who was usually at the home games. :)
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewL
    Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73

I live on St James's Boulevard. When Newcastle score at home, it rattles my windows. Fortunately, it's not been much of a problem for the last couple of years.
    My parents live in Kenton, and when I was a kid you could hear the crowd roar from there if Newcastle scored. Must be nearly 2 miles away.

Only seen the toon once last season at West Ham. They were awful.

Won't see them there next season :wink:

Hear that the chippy next to the stadium has been renamed to "Champion Chips!" :D

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C

As a local child I lived the Wimbledon fairytale of their FA cup run in '75 and when they progressed from non-leaguers in '77 to Div1 status.

I used to go down Plough lane in the old days and stand on the terrace in the corner near the pie stand next to the actor Alun Armstrong who was usually at the home games. :)

Having never supported Wimbledon FC in the 80s and 90s I moved down there a few years back and have been regularly going to kingsmeadow to see AFC. It's a great atmosphere down there (regularly getting 3,500+), the football isn't too bad (for non-league anyway) and now we're in the conf prem we're in with a real chance of getting back to league football.
    Come back, you might enjoy it!

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Meesterbond
    I live a little further out now, but I did have the misfortune of seeing Sutton Utd a few months ago - the queue for the burger van had more people and a better atmosphere than the crowd... and that was during the game.

I guess you just can't recapture your youth.

Seems like a good place to intoduce Club Vote.

Sheffield Wednesday are the best supported club in the world and should be walking this league.

Unfortunately the voting process involves an intelligence test :wink:

Craftsman

Tottenham Hotspur for me and on the other side of the pond my club there is New England Patriots (NFL)

Peter

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by raysablade
    Seems like a good place to intoduce Club Vote.

Sheffield Wednesday are the best supported club in the world and should be walking this league.

Unfortunately the voting process involves an intelligence test :wink:
    Looks like the blades are top to me :wink:
    I must admit been to Bramell Lane three times myself and had a good time there!

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Meesterbond

Having never supported Wimbledon FC in the 80s and 90s I moved down there a few years back and have been regularly going to kingsmeadow to see AFC. It's a great atmosphere down there (regularly getting 3,500+), the football isn't too bad (for non-league anyway) and now we're in the conf prem we're in with a real chance of getting back to league football.
    Isn't that Kingstonians ground?

Nice place, I remember when they moved there from the shabby old dump they had in the centre of Kingston. :lol:

Re AFC, I see talk of them trying to buy the Wimbledon dog track to redevelop it as a stadium.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master

Nice place, I remember when they moved there from the shabby old dump they had in the centre of Kingston. :lol:

Re AFC, I see talk of them trying to buy the Wimbledon dog track to redevelop it as a stadium.
    Hi Neil, Actually you are right - Kingsmeadow is the Kingstonians ground (about a mile up the road from the New Malden roundabout). I haven't been there in yonks.

I suppose it must be much better than when I was last there if it's a shared ground, especially as AFC seem to be doing quite well nowadays (are they doing quite well MeesterBond?)

Craftsman

sheffield wednesday- born and bred

Hi Neil, Actually you are right - Kingsmeadow is the Kingstonians ground (about a mile up the road from the New Malden roundabout). I haven't been there in yonks.

I suppose it must be much better than when I was last there if it's a shared ground, especially as AFC seem to be doing quite well nowadays (are they doing quite well MeesterBond?)

AFC used to rent Kingsmeadow from Kingstonians, but when they hit money troubles a few years back AFCW effectively bought the stadium from them (or rather from the dodgy characters they sold it to) and now rent it back as a ground share.

It's always been the plan to get back to Wimbledon and the dog track seems to come up as an option periodically. No idea whether it's a reality (several acres of prime real estate in SW19 isn't going to come cheap) and they Dons Trust are a pretty prudent lot, so wouldn't want to overstretch themselves so it would take quite a lot of help from Merton etc etc...

In fairness, Kingsmeadow is still a bit of a dump, but it's perfectly adequate for Conference football... Capacity is about 4.7k which will be is enough for 90% of the games next season and I think the board will take a view on where to go if we survive in the Blue Sq Prem next year.

On the pitch we've gone from the Combined Counties League to Conference Premier in 7 seasons, promoted last year in our first season in the Conference South so only one promotion (albeit a massive leap) from league football. It's been a pretty exciting place to be over the past few seasons, although I'm fully expecting next year to be a lot tougher!

Stand Free!

Apprentice

No other Fulham supporters then?

'We're all going on a European tour...' :lol: