closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New PRS-50

Grand Master

Re: New PRS-50

If the lume is aged then you should say you expect an aged price!!! :D
    I wont be filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, I am not a number, I am a free man, my life is my own!!!
    Be seeing you
    Toodle pip
    Griff.

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by wjkglynn
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne
    Realistically, where could you put a date on this dial without destroying it?

The only reasonable (well, less unreasonable) place I see is replacing the square bellow the 12. But honestly, that would be a killer for me... :shock:

Master

Well, 4.30 works for Sinn and mkII as well as others. Small, white on black date. If it did I don't think I could contain me

Quote Originally Posted by CPF
    If it did I don't think I could contain me
    I'll be standing well back, don't you worry about that.

Navyman

Already love this watch. The best part of the watch for me is the "Great Britain" print at the 6 o'clock position. I don't have a single watch that has that. Stoke of genius!

I've been flashing the image up repeatedly while my wife has been watching tv. It worked, after about a week she looked over and said

"NO"

Then she said " I really like that one"

Me thinks I have had a result....just the hard part to go now!

Master

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob
    Quote Originally Posted by CPF
    If it did I don't think I could contain me
    I'll be standing well back, don't you worry about that.
    You evidently know the kind of man I am, it's worth a few steps at the least.

:bounce: want more on this, yet I know I won't be getting any just yet.

Journeyman

What a beauty! I have been trying som hard t get a PRS-50 but know it feels like I cant wait som more to get this new piece. Or both...;-) Just one thing, I think its a good idea to change "Great Britain" on the dial to "Sweden"....;-)

Cheers!

No date. If you want to know the date, buy a newspaper.

Eddie
    :lol: :roll:
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

id be up for a passaround
    i still think it should have a date though ( ducks)
    like someone earlier suggested, centrally placed above the triangle above the six .....

Quote Originally Posted by snowlion
    like someone earlier suggested, centrally placed above the triangle above the six .....
    I'll meet you half way.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

you..are ...having..a .. giraffe... :bigsmurf: :bigsmurf: :bigsmurf:

I'll meet you half way.

Eddie
    actually i think i actually remeber having one of these on my timex back in the 70s

isnt it time for a comeback?

a nice new line for timefactors perhaps :blackeye:

:D :lol:
    I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

its all coming back to me now...clarks commandoes, blakeys, sherbert dips...

Craftsman

It shouldn't be as long as other projects because we've already got the cases but the bezel and dial have to be made. I'm also holding back to see if I can get some aged lume at a sensible price.

Eddie
    Uh oh.
    Sign me up anyway!!!!
    Great to hear about the acrylic too.

Eddie, this watch looks and sounds exactly like what I was thinking of back when another BP50 homage first was discussed. Very nice, I am in line!

Another PRS I will have to buy. The only things I wanted different in the original 50 are being changed on this one.... couldn't have made it better for me.

Master

Only just seen this Looking good and would certainly like to express an interest in one :)

Master

its all coming back to me now...clarks commandoes, blakeys, sherbert dips...
    or wallabies.. Oh look at that, I'm wearing a pair..

Craftsman

Has the following been confirmed yet guys ?

- Expected availability month/year ?
    - Will there be a reservation list or first come, first served as per the SB III ?

Craftsman

Just seen this myself also. I'd like to put myself down for one.

Cheers

Andy

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Spy
    Has the following been confirmed yet guys ?

- Expected availability month/year ?
    - Will there be a reservation list or first come, first served as per the SB III ?

amoredimamma

I would certainly be interested in this watch!!! Is there a list of reservations ? Luca

Don't like the fact you're using two different fonts. It is most obvious with the 3 in the face and the 3 in 30. That's basic schoolboy typography error.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowninja
    Don't like the fact you're using two different fonts. It is most obvious with the 3 in the face and the 3 in 30. That's basic schoolboy typography error.
    You clearly haven't been paying attention.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by shadowninja
    You clearly haven't been paying attention.

Eddie

I admit I only looked at the first post and then clicked reply. :D In my defence, it did jump out so prominently that I felt compelled to reply immediately.

I like it, especially if you do go with the aged lume. :wink:

bullitt731

A quick hello from the other side of the pond.

I have been very close to picking up one of the original 50s several times, but never did. This newest example promises to be an outstanding time piece in it's own right.

If anyone is keeping track of interested parties; please include me as a definate YES.

i love my 50 le and one of the new 50's would (and hopefully will) sit alongside it beautifully. Can't wait for it to see the light of day. But that's the hard part, waiting!

Craftsman

Whilst I note that the new PRS3 seems to be the one most likely to be develped next, the new 50 looks great and I'd be very interested in one of these. Just wanted to throw my hat into the ring in case that's going to sway the development process any :!:

Also, please don't release the new 50 at the same time as the new 30 as I'd really like one of those too (greedy - moi? :D )

Bonjour,
    Nothing new about the bezel (font) the dial (great britain) or the "aged lume" ?

I think the aged lume question has already been answered. There will be no aged lume (but I'm not sure...).

What a pity. I love aged lume ;-)

This one here glows very strong.
    I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

Been very tempted to press the "buy now" button on the PRS50 but I'm just not sure I could live with the no rad logo... this however pushes all the right buttons. It looks divine. If anyone is keeping a list put me down as a definite!! :cheers:

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes
    Been very tempted to press the "buy now" button on the PRS50
    Press away. It won't get you anywhere. will it?

^ A common mistake. The new Timefactors ordering is a bit misleading. Quite a few watches appear in stock from the main page. When you finally, after a week of contemplating, pluck the courage to go for it and press the "Buy" button, it then informs you the watch is not in stock. You get very disappointed because you are now psyched for that particular watch and on further investigation, you realise the last one was sold months ago and the watch is unlikely to be produced again for a while. This plays on your mind. Now that the watch is rare and unobtainable, you want it even more. You monitor all the Sales Corners on various watch sites to try and find one. The watch you wanted comes up very infrequently but sods law one was sold at a reasonable price a few days ago. You make sure your browser homepage is set to 'elite deal seeker'. You use board searches to find out how often that watch comes up for sale, the average second hand price etc. You would now be happy to pay over the new price if one would just come up for sale today. You find one, it's in the US. It's a CONUS sale. Bugger. You wait some more. It wont go away. You have to have one. Your refresh SC every second minute to make sure that it doesn't come up and get sold before you see it. Eventually, after a week of waiting that seems like a month, you find one again for sale in the US. The Ģ to $ ratio means you are paying way over the odds, but you have to have it. You buy it. Gordon Brown and ParcelForce get their claws into you and make it an even more costly purchase. You love the watch, but then next week two appear on SC at bargain prices........ :twisted:

Sorry, rambled on there a bit! :wink: :D

Hahahahaha! Timefactors/TZ-UK/SC in a nutshell! :D

Quote Originally Posted by draz
    Hahahahaha! Timefactors/TZ-UK/SC in a nutshell! :D
    :D :lol:

The quest for aged lume is not over, some samples will arrive soon. The difficulty with aged lume is getting the brightness and longevity of the lume; if both conditions can be met, then it will happen.

If it wasn't for this obsession with aged lume, the watch would be here by now with C3.

Eddie

Craftsman

very nice and IMHO looks great without a date :)

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by Christian
    ^ A common mistake. The new Timefactors ordering is a bit misleading. Quite a few watches appear in stock from the main page. When you finally, after a week of contemplating, pluck the courage to go for it and press the "Buy" button, it then informs you the watch is not in stock. You get very disappointed because you are now psyched for that particular watch and on further investigation, you realise the last one was sold months ago and the watch is unlikely to be produced again for a while. This plays on your mind. Now that the watch is rare and unobtainable, you want it even more....

:?: Confused as a newbie. Does this mean that things like the speedbird III aren't available through time factors and that I've just been spending my time hankering for watches that I've got little chance of getting hold of?

Matt

PS Sorry about the double post in this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by matts
    :?: Confused as a newbie. Does this mean that things like the speedbird III aren't available through time factors and that I've just been spending my time hankering for watches that I've got little chance of getting hold of?

Matt

Nope, just means that the stock information you initially see isn't necessarily the case, it's only at the order confirmation stage that stock is properly checked (I believe).
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Journeyman

Looks fantastic. Aged lume is definitely a plus but not a deal breaker for me.

What kind of strap do people see with this one? I think one of the timefactors vintage rubber would be sweet. :mrgreen:

Quote Originally Posted by Christian
    ^ A common mistake. The new Timefactors ordering is a bit misleading. Quite a few watches appear in stock from the main page. When you finally, after a week of contemplating, pluck the courage to go for it and press the "Buy" button, it then informs you the watch is not in stock. You get very disappointed because you are now psyched for that particular watch and on further investigation, you realise the last one was sold months ago and the watch is unlikely to be produced again for a while. This plays on your mind. Now that the watch is rare and unobtainable, you want it even more....

Matt

Eddies watches have a tendency to sell out quickly, for the most part only a few hundred are made. So rule of thumb is don't hesitate if you want one. I did on the PRS-1 and had to buy one at a premium on the used market.

The quest for aged lume is not over, some samples will arrive soon. The difficulty with aged lume is getting the brightness and longevity of the lume; if both conditions can be met, then it will happen.

If it wasn't for this obsession with aged lume, the watch would be here by now with C3.

Eddie
    I personally would sacrifice some intensity of the lume for the vintage looks on this case :)

Ooooh... Itīll be sooooo coooooo!

Craftsman

thanks for the tip Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave E

Matt

Nope, just means that the stock information you initially see isn't necessarily the case, it's only at the order confirmation stage that stock is properly checked (I believe).
    May be worth noting also, that there is a difference on Eddies web site between watches which are sold out, and those which are still in production but not currently in stock. The former is clearly stated on the web page before clicking to order, the latter is discovered when one attempts a purchase.

Grand Master

:roll:

You may as well have said "faked lume" because that's exactly what it is.
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

This project is very appealing indeed. It's a great design and if it arrives with aged looking lume, a high dome acrylic crystal and styling as already shown, it is sure to be a very popular model.

I have one question, will the hour markers be applied steel as the BP/FF LIP version or painted on?

Cheers
    David

Apprentice

Love old lume - on an old diver that is, which has led a long hard life.
    On a brand new shiny watch it just feels wrong for some reason I can't explain.
    Appearance wise it looks good but I just cant get my head around it.

Standard lume for me thanks.