closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: BB54 Spring Bars

BB54 Spring Bars

Query for the owners on the Tudor BB54, I’ve purchased the rubber strap for the BB54 to fit onto my BB58 using the 58 end links.

Low and behold the 58 spring bars don’t fit (odd). They seem to thick to fit through the rubber strap.

Ordered some through my AD (see thread about end cap). Lo and behold these were incorrect at 18mm width & not the 20mm they should be and also too thick.

Quick look online and the BB54 should be 20mm x 1.5mm & my BB58 ones are 20mm x 1.8mm.

Any owners with a BB54 able to confirm this? Ideally with the rubber strap but I wouldn’t have thought different from the bracelet version.

Thanks Brad

Master
    I’m afraid I don’t have a BB54 to confirm, but remember reading something on WUS about the difference in springbar width between rubber and bracelet options with the 54. I’m certain that you’re right about the rubber needing 1.5mm and the (BB54, at least) bracelet using 1.8mm.

On a bit of an aside from your situation (although it might affect you as well?), but apparently the endlinks on the rubber to fit the BB54 are also different to those on the bracelet. A chap on WUS tried to add the rubber whilst using the bracelet endlinks, but the smaller springbars meant they didn’t stay in place and started to rotate outwards when pressure was applied to them.

Quote Originally Posted by andy100 View Post
    I’m afraid I don’t have a BB54 to confirm, but remember reading something on WUS about the difference in springbar width between rubber and bracelet options with the 54. I’m certain that you’re right about the rubber needing 1.5mm and the (BB54, at least) bracelet using 1.8mm.

On a bit of an aside from your situation (although it might affect you as well?), but apparently the endlinks on the rubber to fit the BB54 are also different to those on the bracelet. A chap on WUS tried to add the rubber whilst using the bracelet endlinks, but the smaller springbars meant they didn’t stay in place and started to rotate outwards when pressure was applied to them.
    Thanks online confirms at least they are 20mm (not the 18mm I received).

I’ll be using my BB58 endlinks (hopefully).

Be interesting to read that thread if you can share it. Edit - found it, fingers crossed I can get the correct ones then see if an issue.

Thanks Brad

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by McBeardy; 22nd May 2024 at 17:00.

The spring bars on the BB54 rubber strap are thinner that the bracelet option. When I got my rubber strap I had to order some slimmer pins.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by McBeardy View Post

Be interesting to read that thread if you can share it. Edit - found it, fingers crossed I can get the correct ones then see if an issue.
    Glad you found it. I’m on holiday so on my mobile at the moment, makes it slightly harder to find stuff like that easily!

Good luck and hope it works out with your BB58 (fingers crossed!)

Quote Originally Posted by andy100 View Post
    Glad you found it. I’m on holiday so on my mobile at the moment, makes it slightly harder to find stuff like that easily!

Good luck and hope it works out with your BB58 (fingers crossed!)
    Thanks, me too. Hope the slimmer bars don’t effect my end links. Can’t see why they would.

Enjoy your holiday.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app