closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Will Paula Venells ever be held accountable?

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    If I've heard "As I recall" and "To the best of my recollection" from Susan Crichton once today, I've heard it a dozen or more. Cautious doesn't quite cover it.
    Yes, and as she was clearly 'hung out to dry' by Vannells at a board meeting she was supposed to have attended but wasn't called, (due to her being hung out to dry in that meeting), it makes no sense that she doesn't come clean about what was going on and who knew what/when! Maybe now that is out in the open she'll be more forthright this afternoon?
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Will Paula Venells ever be held accountable?

Quote Originally Posted by Griswold View Post
    Yes, and as she was clearly 'hung out to dry' by Vannells at a board meeting she was supposed to have attended but wasn't called, (due to her being hung out to dry in that meeting), it makes no sense that she doesn't come clean about what was going on and who knew what/when! Maybe now that is out in the open she'll be more forthright this afternoon?
    Skewered by the inquiry lawyers several times, including on the matter of Orwellian language, not mitigating or excusing her responsibility, but clearly thrown under the bus by Vennells and Perkins (one-down from a dame, Mrs Jack Straw, Will Remain-Failure Straw's mum). Vennells and Perkins took a real pasting this afters so their personal appearances should be worth checking in on. Seem a thoroughly nasty pair, their notes to file were revealing.
    Last edited by BillyCasper; 23rd April 2024 at 20:12.

It seems the lawyer has thrown Venells straight under the bus

There's a big hole being dug for Venells. Tomorrow we see her buddy Angela up, that should be interesting.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    What did you take as highlights? I’m gonna have to watch. I assume he knew, did nothing in his two years (as instructed by Venells?). So he says I guess. It’s hotting up.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    Had it on in the background whilst working, but what a day!

I feel that I am missing something. Why did POL only employ lawyers with experience in civil law? So far at this has been the case for at least two of those called to give evidence, albeit that they were using outside legal firms (chambers?) to lead the prosecutions.

Will Paula Venells ever be held accountable?

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    I feel that I am missing something. Why did POL only employ lawyers with experience in civil law? So far at this has been the case for at least two of those called to give evidence, albeit that they were using outside legal firms (chambers?) to lead the prosecutions.
    I think before separation the criminal lawyers were in RM Group. After separation POL had at least Singh and Wilson in criminal roles. Whether they were competent or not is another matter. Singh’s reputation took another battering today. He appeared in an earlier hearing and is an absolute buffoon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A slight aside, but this is very illuminating. A worker's experience of Royal Mail decline since privatisation:

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-falling-apart

I think it was becoming clear to all that it was a mess, but crikey!
    So clever my foot fell off.

The solicitor now in the dock, doesn’t seem to have a good recollection of very much at all…

Quote Originally Posted by gbn13 View Post
    The solicitor now in the dock, doesn’t seem to have a good recollection of very much at all…
    Mr Stein gave him a right kicking.

I'm not sure how some of these lawyers can turn up to work again. Williams is still employed by the Post Office. Flemington seems to have a decent job, although I'm not sure his employer is going to be too impressed. Looks like Aujard might have just jacked it in and Smith doesn't appear to feature on the website of the practice which bears his name.

Mr Henry gets his chance now.
    Last edited by BillyCasper; 2nd May 2024 at 15:24.