closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The Big Gaming Thread

Hybrid View

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    Started to play age of empires 4 on xbox as its on the game pass. For a old game its actually pretty fun, lots of strategic building, worth a try if you like building / strategy games.
    Got it on PC the other day, but I gave up after the first tutorial - it was just too twitchy, too much constant time pressure to push the right button. I played an earlier version a long time ago, but my reaction times and patience are not what they once were.

Courtesy of a thread on PistonHeads I was made aware of this upcoming mod for Fallout 4.

https://youtu.be/LKLI5glipHY?si=vAl4OCWwe_VA1Mgw

To call it a Mod is a huge understatement on my part.

PC only
    Last edited by Matt London; 21st March 2024 at 11:00. Reason: Clarification

For the last month I’ve been using GeForce Now Ultimate to play a number of games on my Steam Deck and PC. It’s not cheap (£100 for 6 months) but you do get access to a 4800 rig. It’s working really well. I can run Witcher 3 on maxed out settings including max ray tracing at 60fps on the Deck and 120fps on my PC (1080ti/9700K).

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
    For the last month I’ve been using GeForce Now Ultimate to play a number of games on my Steam Deck and PC. It’s not cheap (£100 for 6 months) but you do get access to a 4800 rig. It’s working really well. I can run Witcher 3 on maxed out settings including max ray tracing at 60fps on the Deck and 120fps on my PC (1080ti/9700K).
    I clearly have only just reached the entrance to the rabbit hole!!

Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    I clearly have only just reached the entrance to the rabbit hole!!
    It’s great because you’re using the virtual machine to do all the heavy lifting. The Steam Deck streams the video output from the internet. I’m seeing big improvements to battery life. I can game this way for 6+ hours if I wanted.

It uses around 6GB of data per hour of streaming so you need good network speed.

It synchronises your game libraries from Steam, GOG and Game Pass. It also can access your Epic library but doesn’t know what games you have.

It does not support every game. There are 1884 games playable on GeForce NOW so you need to check what you want to play is there.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Anyone play hell on earth? Think it's a great game although I never know what I'm doing on it.

Last game I played all the way through and enjoyed was halo infinite.

Very interesting, any noticeable input lag/delay? I currently have a gaming PC but wanted a Mac, part of the reason I built it was to keep games an option.

On that note very much looking forward to playing the finally announced Ghost of Tsushima on PC for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by dice View Post
    Very interesting, any noticeable input lag/delay? I currently have a gaming PC but wanted a Mac, part of the reason I built it was to keep games an option.
    I’ve mainly played Witcher 3 and don’t notice any latency. I’m sure it’s there but on that type of single player game I wouldn’t be too worried.

They do offer a day pass if you want to try it out.

I’ve decided to upgrade my sim racing rig. I’ve ordered a 7800X3D, mobo, 32GB RAM, PSU, 1TB M.2 SSD and a 4070 Super. Everything arrives today.

It’s replacing a 9700k/1080ti rig and will be my first AMD rig for more than 20 years.

Just recently got Days Gone for my Steam deck. Missed the PlayStation release. Must say I’m hooked. Already given it 40hrs of my life!! Highly recommended and for what I paid (£9.99 I think) fantastic value!

Journeyman
    I’ve decided to upgrade my sim racing rig. I’ve ordered a 7800X3D, mobo, 32GB RAM, PSU, 1TB M.2 SSD and a 4070 Super. Everything arrives today.

It’s replacing a 9700k/1080ti rig and will be my first AMD rig for more than 20 years.
    How bizarre... I've purchased the exact same to replace the exact same CPU (and a 2080). You obv have made an excellent choice....

I'm going ITX

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk