closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Advice for Square G-Shock for a first time buyer

Hybrid View

I've a couple of squares (both are solar and pick up the time sync signal) and enjoy wearing them when I do, I've never found the buttons the easiest to operate though. They're quite small, don't protrude much from the case and have a slightly squidgy feel to them. Definitely tricky to operate with gloves on, for example.

I'd try before you buy just in case, the likes of H Samuel normally have a varient or two in stock.

Craftsman
    I have to agree with the others, I picked up my first G-Shock at the beginning of last year, the GW-M5610-1 with the electro-luminescent back light but this has the american date format which eventually bugged the hell out of me so I gave the watch to my brother. However I still wanted a G-Shock so I picked up the newer GW-M5610U-1ER model which has the UK date format and the more standard back light which is ok and does it's job.

You can tell the newer model just by looking at the face of the watch, in the top right corner it just says Light where as the previous version say EL Back Light, apart from that (and the date format) both watches are identical.

The tough solar & multiband-6 are great, I've never needed to leave the watch in direct sunlight for charging purposes, ambient room light does just fine and with the power save mode (PS) activated, I have never had any issues in this area.

It's a great, comfortable, small'ish, reliable, accurate beater which can take pretty much anything......you won't be disappointed.