Quote Originally Posted by Longblackcoat View Post
It's low mileage, your daughter's done under 2000 miles, it's been serviced to spec. Unless your daughter's a hooligan she won't have worn it out, but I wonder how you prove that unless there's a really obvious broken part. It could have been worn to death by the previous person and your daughter's been left holding the baby, so it's worn out and there's no real way to say when the wear occurred, just that then clutch is worn out. I'd certainly ask Vauxhall how they'd make the determination before I spent £750 to have it taken apart.

I'd go back and push Cazoo very hard indeed, maybe even look to return the car.

Other option - get a local garage to swap the clutch (which may well not cost even the £750 disassembly fee). That would leave a bad taste in my mouth, but at least then I'd know that I had a brand-new clutch.
If the local garage is reputable you could still pursue a claim with Vauxhall once the clutch is removed as will have the parts ? The AA used to provide a service where they gave their opinion on worn parts - maybe a video of its removal and a mark put on it would prevent an objection have swapped the parts.

I think I would be going independent on this as clutches are considered "wear" items so can see it being more likely blamed as wear than faulty so I would look to get the most economical clutch replacement but be ready to collect evidence to support a claim if something strange is found inside.