closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Smokers - the greatest invention ever in history, ever, ever

Hybrid View

I’m sure vaping isn’t risk free, but I’ve been cigarette free for many years, I do vape a lot more than I used to smoke but on balance I’m sure it’s the lesser of two evils, one thing about the juice though, there are a awful lot of cheap unregulated juice sold cheaply that I’m sure has been mixed who knows where containing who knows what, always buy decent quality juice from a retail shop and not the market or car boot sales.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    I’m sure vaping isn’t risk free, but I’ve been cigarette free for many years, I do vape a lot more than I used to smoke but on balance I’m sure it’s the lesser of two evils, one thing about the juice though, there are a awful lot of cheap unregulated juice sold cheaply that I’m sure has been mixed who knows where containing who knows what, always buy decent quality juice from a retail shop and not the market or car boot sales.
    Talking a a Dr mate, he says that the medical people are worried that the issue with vapes is that it has huge potential to be a 'at hand, readily available' fix - unlike cigarettes. People who vape that I know often seem to be always taking a drag where's a smoker will go and have a fag and then move on.
    Last edited by Chris_in_the_UK; 12th September 2023 at 08:51.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Watching my father smoke all the money that came into our house was the best incentive for me to never smoke. Ive never even tried one (or a vape)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Talking a a Dr mate, he says that the medical people are worried that the issue with vapes is that it has huge potential to be a 'at hand, readily available' fix - unlike cigarettes. People who vape that I know often seem to be always taking a drag where's a smoker will go and have a fag and then move on.
    Thats certainly true, however, when you smoke a cigarette, you are forced to smoke the whole thing, whereas with a vape, you can have one puff here and there. I see that as a benefit, not a drawback, I understand the point, vaping is easy to do unlike smoking these days, kids have always smoked behind the bike sheds to be the cool kids, its the same for vapes now but now its easily hidden from teachers and parents, no lingering smells to give you away. On a side note, I was behind someone in the petrol garage the other day, she bought a packet of Lamberts, I was absolutely shocked as to how expensive they had gotten, £16.50 for a pack! I had no idea.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Thank you for the practical suggestions to my “travel nicotine” question.

I’ve been evaluating a couple of the disposable options- so far a couple of the Elf Bars and a tobacco/vanilla Killa Switch.

I’m entirely unimpressed by the Elfs. They come in a range of lurid colours and sickly sweet synthetic fruity flavours. I can only conclude that they are intentionally targeting kids. I found that I have to do an awful lot of sucking for little if any nicotine effect, so they seem pointless too.

The Killa is definitely better, both flavour and nicotine wise. Even so you really have to suck whatever they produce into your lungs and hold it there for any real effect.

In contrast I’ve just had my morning bowl of Sam Gawith Full Virginia Flake. An absolute avalanche of rich and complex flavours and plenty of Vitamin N even though it only gets swirled around my mouth and nasal passages and doesn’t get fully inhaled.

Serious pipe smoking (and cigar smoking) is a very different thing from fags where the user is inhaling combustion products in abundance with every use.

I’ve never liked cigarettes - I don’t trust the additives used to keep them burning and inhaled smoke can’t be a good thing, plus they have no flavour and smell nothing like good cigars or pipe tobacco, which I believe are generally far better produced niche products.

I will continue to evaluate the vapes as a travel/outdoor alternative to the baby cigars. But the bloke who mentioned snus has definitely piqued my interest too, I must say.

Quote Originally Posted by draftsmann View Post

I’ve been evaluating a couple of the disposable options- so far a couple of the Elf Bars and a tobacco/vanilla Killa Switch.

I’m entirely unimpressed by the Elfs. They come in a range of lurid colours and sickly sweet synthetic fruity flavours. I can only conclude that they are intentionally targeting kids. I found that I have to do an awful lot of sucking for little if any nicotine effect, so they seem pointless too.

The Killa is definitely better, both flavour and nicotine wise. Even so you really have to suck whatever they produce into your lungs and hold it there for any real effect.

In contrast I’ve just had my morning bowl of Sam Gawith Full Virginia Flake. An absolute avalanche of rich and complex flavours and plenty of Vitamin N even though it only gets swirled around my mouth and nasal passages and doesn’t get fully inhaled.

Serious pipe smoking (and cigar smoking) is a very different thing from fags where the user is inhaling combustion products in abundance with every use.

I’ve never liked cigarettes - I don’t trust the additives used to keep them burning and inhaled smoke can’t be a good thing, plus they have no flavour and smell nothing like good cigars or pipe tobacco, which I believe are generally far better produced niche products.

I will continue to evaluate the vapes as a travel/outdoor alternative to the baby cigars. But the bloke who mentioned snus has definitely piqued my interest too, I must say.
    Many pipe / cigar smokers are under a misapprehension that they're not bathing their upper respiratory system in all the same / similar carcinogens present in cigarette tobaccos – they are wrong: https://www.webmd.com/smoking-cessat...n%20nonsmokers.
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

Quote Originally Posted by sundial View Post
    Many pipe / cigar smokers are under a misapprehension that they're not bathing their upper respiratory system in all the same / similar carcinogens present in cigarette tobaccos – they are wrong: https://www.webmd.com/smoking-cessat...n%20nonsmokers.
    That’s a disingenuous article, in that it fails to acknowledge the differing levels of risk associated with pipe or cigar use versus cigarette use, as well as the differing nature of additives used in pipe tobacco.

There’s a more balanced view here: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16884817/

Furthermore, and given that money talks and insurance companies are unwilling to pay out any more than they have to, it is notable that in some countries where pipe smoking is more common (although it is increasingly a minority activity anywhere), those who partake are treated as lower risk than cigarette smokers.

Yes, there are risks associated with all kinds of tobacco consumption along with alcohol, foods and the entire gamut of human activity. Thankfully adults in a more-or-less free society do still have some discretion to carry out their own risk assessments.

That’s a disingenuous article, in that it fails to acknowledge the differing levels of risk associated with pipe or cigar use versus cigarette use, as well as the differing nature of additives used in pipe tobacco.

There’s a more balanced view here: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16884817/

Furthermore, and given that money talks and insurance companies are unwilling to pay out any more than they have to, it is notable that in some countries where pipe smoking is more common (although it is increasingly a minority activity anywhere), those who partake are treated as lower risk than cigarette smokers.

Yes, there are risks associated with all kinds of tobacco consumption along with alcohol, foods and the entire gamut of human activity. Thankfully adults in a more-or-less free society do still have some discretion to carry out their own risk assessments.
    Titty bottles!!
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

Master

What mg were the elf bars you tried out of interest? They do 0, 10 & 20.
    My wife’s uses the 20 and it gives me a head buzz. I was using 10mg previously but have now gone down to 3mg elf juice on my rechargeable.
    I find I don’t need to ‘suck’ too hard on my rechargeable either (it’s an AEQ 2.0).
    I was thinking about getting a vape pipe as a backup.

Quote Originally Posted by gorrie View Post
    What mg were the elf bars you tried out of interest? They do 0, 10 & 20.
    My wife’s uses the 20 and it gives me a head buzz. I was using 10mg previously but have now gone down to 3mg elf juice on my rechargeable.
    I find I don’t need to ‘suck’ too hard on my rechargeable either (it’s an AEQ 2.0).
    I was thinking about getting a vape pipe as a backup.
    They were the 20 Elf Bars. Compared to a bowl of a medium strength pipe tobacco like my Marlin, Gowrie or Full Virginia, let alone something heavier like the mighty Condor, they seemed pretty nic-light.