closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Costco Membership?

Hybrid View

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    I go there every couple of weeks and have been a member for about 10 or 12 years.

Depends how close it is to your house. I will only go in a weekday evening.

A lot of stuff is expensive so it’s important to focus on what you’ll buy regularly and the warehouse offers. We buy a lot of fruit and laundry stuff.

https://www.costco.co.uk/offers

Personally I would buy it for the first year and see how you get on.
    I was investigating buying a palette load of pasta and they seem to limit quantities, do you need different type of ‘membership’ to buy a large quantity?

I buy there toilet rolls, they last twice as long and the quality is excellent. Black bin bags again excellent quality and well priced. There bottled water is like 3.50 for 24 bottles, so if having a party it’s a bargain. As others have said for meat and other frozen foods there are some good deals to be had. Their cakes are excellent value again for parties, otherwise if you eat them all you will soon be extremely fat.

Finally if you want say apple AirPods MacBooks etc. you can save money on things like that and TV’s. Plus they have excellent returns rules and long warranties.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by langdalematt View Post
    There bottled water is like 3.50 for 24 bottles, so if having a party it’s a bargain.
    Wild parties! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by langdalematt View Post
    I buy there toilet rolls, they last twice as long and the quality is excellent. Black bin bags again excellent quality and well priced. There bottled water is like 3.50 for 24 bottles, so if having a party it’s a bargain. As others have said for meat and other frozen foods there are some good deals to be had. Their cakes are excellent value again for parties, otherwise if you eat them all you will soon be extremely fat.

Finally if you want say apple AirPods MacBooks etc. you can save money on things like that and TV’s. Plus they have excellent returns rules and long warranties.
    All of this in my experience!

Master
    Some stuff is cheaper, like bacon - but not everything
    Stuff that isn't cheaper is far better quality [no local butchers/greengrocers around]
    + they have stuff you don't see elsewhere.

[love the punk rocker Halloween figure]

Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    I was investigating buying a palette load of pasta and they seem to limit quantities, do you need different type of ‘membership’ to buy a large quantity?
    Not sure, never tried to order food from there.

Possibly some difference between a regular and an executive membership

If you call the warehouse they’re always helpful

Master
    I've had a membership for years now. Normally it costs in with not that many visits. For example a load of dishwasher tablets tended to cover most of it. With the new fuel it costs in even quicker. Boxes of wine can be a lot cheaper as can their own brand spirits which tend to be good quality too. They do have an amazing returns policy as well. The downside is that it is easy to spend a load on stuff you did not really know you needed!

Fuel saves me about £9 per tank. There are thirty pumps at my local so even if the queue is 50 cars deep, it does not take long to get fuel. Remember there's no shop to pop into at payment time and hold up the fuel queue

Beyond that, the savings are there and I think it's worth the 12 round-trip for me. You won't find tyres cheaper, even without an offer. And with an offer, tyres are materially cheaper. Loads of other stuff too. Some stuff is actually expensive and sometimes really expensive.

Overall, I quite enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    How much can a palette hold?

Master
    Blog Entries
    It depends.

- Fuel and tyres
    - Own brand batteries
    - Part-baked bread
    - Cakes
    - Underwear/socks
    - Toilet (and kitchen) roll cheap for the quality you get
    - Meat isn't cheap but is good.
    - Cheese, ham etc good value
    - Electronics can turn up some good deals

They do have buy limits sometimes, especially on offers.

Shop regular items and the monthly offers. Plan any "specials" so that your spend doesn't get out of hand.

For what we buy, it's definitely saving money even with the annual membership fee. Avoid the weekend if you can.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    How much can a palette hold?
    This is going to sound a little evasive, but I roughly equate a pallet load of boxes as the size of the loading area on my car. Not the most accurate way of measuring. But practical.

Might be different limits for trade and normal members - as shops can easily justify a pallet of cooking oil or whatever…….

Kitchen foil and clingfilm are very good.
    Car shampoo also good value
    Washing powder (Kirkland brand) very good value and comes in handy tubs