closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Where to get a watch valuation

Where to get a watch valuation

Insurers for the first time have asked for a watch valuation, for a Rolex SD and Tudor Snowflake 1968.
    The SD was serviced over 3 years ago so that is out of date, any suggestions where I can get a valuation?
    Am London based.
    Thanks

Logically a jewellers, must be plenty Hatton Garden way that could do it for you.

Which model of SD is it, for example if it’s a recent SD43 then the valuation is the list price. A DRSD would be a completely different matter.

Grand Master
    Look for same that have been slowly reduced on sales corner..

Thats your valuation sorted.

The SD is 2005 and the Snowflake is 1968

Quote Originally Posted by -=Mike=- View Post
    The SD is 2005 and the Snowflake is 1968
    The SD16600 sells for around £8k to £9k depending on condition and how much of a full set etc, but as it’s a discontinued model I would guess that the insurer will just take the list price of the current model at a little over £11k.

The 68 Snowflake is deep into vintage territory but I’m guessing a similar value to above. Again long discontinued and not sure what reference point they would use.

I would google all the big London Greys and see if any offer a valuation service.

Does seem a bit of a faff, change insurance company?

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    The SD16600 sells for around £8k to £9k depending on condition and how much of a full set etc, but as it’s a discontinued model I would guess that the insurer will just take the list price of the current model at a little over £11k.

The 68 Snowflake is deep into vintage territory but I’m guessing a similar value to above. Again long discontinued and not sure what reference point they would use.

I would google all the big London Greys and see if any offer a valuation service.

Does seem a bit of a faff, change insurance company?
    Thanks, will consider that and good to get a rough idea on valuation