closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex release Le Mans

Hybrid View

I think they have got a bit mixed up... is it a Daytona (name of a race circuit) or a Le Mans (another name of a race circuit).?How can it be both? Strange - I can understand them making a sister to the Daytona and calling it the Le Mans, but combining both names is just weird.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kairos View Post
    I think they have got a bit mixed up... is it a Daytona (name of a race circuit) or a Le Mans (another name of a race circuit).?How can it be both? Strange - I can understand them making a sister to the Daytona and calling it the Le Mans, but combining both names is just weird.
    I suspect in their eyes the Daytona name has transcended from a race circuit name to a product name owned by Rolex ... i.e. their product has become bigger and better know than the race circuit after which it is named ... some people probably don't even know the origins of the name Daytona. Google ranks the watch higher than the circuit after which it is named.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos View Post
    As mentioned above, the original name for this Rolex chronograph was Le Mans. Renamed the following year for the US market, who didn't appear to have a clue about Le Mans.

Quote Originally Posted by Broussard View Post
    who didn't appear to have a clue about Le Mans.
    And an awful lot of other things.....