timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 50 of 59 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,500 of 2926

Thread: The perfect strap - watch combination THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Shakespeare View Post
    Glycine Combat Sub on a variety of straps:

Black, green and orange two-piece NATO

Like it. Where did you source this from?

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Like it. Where did you source this from?
    Thanks. I picked this up for a fiver at the Watch Fair mentioned below. The organiser had a number of straps and watch pods with the old logo of his business so was selling them off at the fair. You could try contacting them at https://12and60.com/watchit/ and asking if they have any left over stock.

Blast from the past. The watch was too small for my taste (L2L was 42) but that champagne-black combo was perfect

Quote Originally Posted by Shakespeare View Post
    Thanks. I picked this up for a fiver at the Watch Fair mentioned below. The organiser had a number of straps and watch pods with the old logo of his business so was selling them off at the fair. You could try contacting them at https://12and60.com/watchit/ and asking if they have any left over stock.
    Thank-you

Master
    MM300 on a CNS Marine Nationale, strap material and hardware are great for the price......the design of the strap, with the floating hook, is awful and won't fit my wrist as designed🙄

Master
    Zuludiver…

Master
    Jupiter on a black NATO

Master
    Needed a bit of colour and shine.
    Glossy lagoon blue croc on 5212A.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
    Needed a bit of colour and shine.
    Glossy lagoon blue croc on 5212A.
    Lovely watch and the strap compliments it perfectly Vs the options which come with it.

Out of curiosity what made you go for the 5212A vs the other Patek options around the same price? I’m trying to weigh up the 5212A vs 6119G at the minute but when I went to the salon they didn’t have a 5212A available to try on.

Love this Pelagos/Zuludiver combo!

Master
    Black Bay Pro looking good on this pebbled leather strap.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Lovely watch and the strap compliments it perfectly Vs the options which come with it.

Out of curiosity what made you go for the 5212A vs the other Patek options around the same price? I’m trying to weigh up the 5212A vs 6119G at the minute but when I went to the salon they didn’t have a 5212A available to try on.
    The 5212 is just different and such a unique PP compared to traditional Pateks. As a steel calatrava, it's different. The stepped lugs are a nod to the historical 2512. The imperfect handwritten typefaces bring warmth and charm unlike every other watch from any manufacturer. I love the centrewheel calendar complication, even if it is not that important for one to know which of the 52 weeks we are in, although the month is nice. There is an analogue focus, but the overall watch is remarkably casual and flies under the radar compared to other more traditional Pateks.
    The 5212 is my favourite Patek (and gets the most wrist time) although it sits alongside a flashy Nautilus (5726) and a more traditional art deco AC (5205). But if I were buying my first Patek, I doubt it would have been the 5212.

The 5212 is just different and such a unique PP compared to traditional Pateks. As a steel calatrava, it's different. The stepped lugs are a nod to the historical 2512. The imperfect handwritten typefaces bring warmth and charm unlike every other watch from any manufacturer. I love the centrewheel calendar complication, even if it is not that important for one to know which of the 52 weeks we are in, although the month is nice. There is an analogue focus, but the overall watch is remarkably casual and flies under the radar compared to other more traditional Pateks.
    The 5212 is my favourite Patek (and gets the most wrist time) although it sits alongside a flashy Nautilus (5726) and a more traditional art deco AC (5205). But if I were buying my first Patek, I doubt it would have been the 5212.
    Really interesting response, thank you. I wasn’t able to try on the 5212 so went down for the 6119G but I keep thinking the 5212 is more casual and under the radar.

I think another trip to the Salon to try on both side by side is needed but I feel the 5212 can be worn more often. That strap really does look great. Thank you again.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Really interesting response, thank you. I wasn’t able to try on the 5212 so went down for the 6119G but I keep thinking the 5212 is more casual and under the radar.

I think another trip to the Salon to try on both side by side is needed but I feel the 5212 can be worn more often. That strap really does look great. Thank you again.
    THe 6119G is a very 'serious' Calatrava with a stunning brushed face. It is a watch Don Corleone would wear.

THe 6119G is a very 'serious' Calatrava with a stunning brushed face. It is a watch Don Corleone would wear.
    Think you’re right there. Probably too caught up with the watch in isolation and not enough on how often I’d wear it in any given week/month.

The Aquastar works pretty well on M.N. strap imho

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Not sure if this is perfect or even considered acceptable, but I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post

Lovely watch. Not sure about the strap:-)

Looks like a load of Pollocks to me.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

The perfect strap - watch combination THREAD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    Looks like a load of Pollocks to me.
    Ha I see what you did there sir.

Cool strap, but wrong watch - should be on one of these

Ha I see what you did there sir.
    Not for nothing do I have a copy of this, signed by the artist, hanging in the khazi.

In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by notenoughwrists View Post

Somehow, that works very well! It seems like it shouldn't, but looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    Somehow, that works very well! It seems like it shouldn't, but looks good.
    Correct ;)

Actually, it is brilliant.
    I love the watch so much, and am furious at the clasp. I think I have listed it for sale twice, but mostly from impotent rage at the agricultural clasp on what is a top-bill diver.

Now, I am happy as a pig in a pile of acorns.

Master
    I actually got this strap for my Tudor Blackbay ETA N but it works better on my Monaco:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This cheapo nato sets the PRS-60 perfectly for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Jupiter on a perlon:

Master
    This works for me, better than pretty much any combo I've personally experienced...

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    This cheapo nato sets the PRS-60 perfectly for me.
    That strap could have been designed for that watch - so, for once, we have something that actually lives-up to the thread's title

I found an old strap and deployant from a Breitling SuperOcean 42 I flipped years ago and was about to list it on the SC when I thought, I wonder if that’ll suit my Doxa…

(pic taken on a different and much colder beach than the one I posted last week.)

Master
    Blog Entries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surely that is to trigger Walter and give him some material for next time he has a drink!

Not for me, but the speedy is so nice the combo still works for me

I like how this looks but I bet that strap would look great with one of those Fortis planets chronos.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wandril View Post
    Surely that is to trigger Walter and give him some material for next time he has a drink
    It's my life's work to trigger Walter about straps :)

I’ve been summoned a couple of times recently, and I’m just enough rum & gingers in to offend. This page (ignoring the quoted posts) is actually OK - better than many of the others in the thread. There’s genuinely nothing egregious on this page, I don’t think - there are the Good, and the Meh. I really don’t think there are any bad straps on this page.

Good

martyloveswatches - Seiko Speedtimer. That’s a great match for the colour of the dial. Fine - not a problem.
    Toddy - MM300. Just squeaks onto the Good list, as it’s boring, but works, and I can't be mad that soemone's taken my advice ("Just put it on a NATO.")
    learningtofly - Pelagos/Zuludiver combo. Looks fine - the strap is a fit with the watch in terms of use and intent. How does it fasten? Velcro, or a buckle?
    pepere13 - Aquastar. That’s a good fit, it really is. Those retro Aquastars are lovely-looking watches, and the MN works well.
    notenoughwrists - GS diver. Great, good call with the colours and the texture.
    Martylaa - Smiths on a colourful NATO. Nice job picking out all the dial/bezel colours in the strap. Good work. Now learn how to focus your photos.
    Nealywheelie - Bremont. As with Martylaa, good call with the colours.
    Middo - Tudor. Now wear the damn thing. It’ll look better with some creases.

Meh

Zolawinston - Swatch Pluto. Ugh. OK, I suppose. I find it quite hard to get enthusiastic about Moonswatches. The colours as a great match, but these watches are so… styled, that the OEM straps are probably the best.
    gaurav_tzuk - Swatch Jupiter - As above, but the black NATO isn’t a bad match, but it’s a boring strap on a statement watch. Why?
    spareparts - 5212A.

It’s fine, I guess, just… a bit pedestrian. It’s better than the last strap you posted, I think - the grey with the big alligator scales. I would feel happier about it if the strap had any wear on it at all. As it is, it’s another safe queen on an unworn strap. Now wear the thing. Or get it on a washed-out Phoenix NATO. (If I'm wrong, and you, after taking this photo, spent a week wearing the watch, spelunking in Portugal, then I apologise. But so many people use this thread as a "Look at my new strap!" thread, without wearing the strap for a while and letting thoughts and feelings develop.)
    ENES - Black Bay Pro. That pebbled leather? It’s not for me, and that’s even before the whole 200m WR on leather strap business. It’s a traveller’s watch, so put it on a nylon strap, or the OEM bracelet.
    Stilgoe1972 - Monaco with leather. Meh. Crying out for ENES’s pebbled letter from his TUDOR, IMO. I can’t help disliking cracked leather, and that strap cheapens the watch, I think.
    Zolawinston - Jupiter perlon. God another one. Looks like something cut off a fish. Don’t like it, sorry.
    Filterlab *- Gruppo Gammo. That black keeper ruins it for me! What the hell?
    bigvic - dosa with Breitling strap. Again, I guess. I hate mixing brands, but… is the dial blue? Then it’s a good match. But I bet it’s got BREITLING all over it, hasn’t it?

There. Happy now?

(I started this last night, but too much rum. Write drunk, edit sober, as Hemingway used to say.)

Special mention -

verv - Speedie with the Pollocks. I can’t bring myself to hate it, I really can’t. It’s wrong, and shouldn’t be posted in the “Perfect Strap” thread. But Idontgram - spot on, put it on an Alan Silberstein-styled watch’s or even better, the LE Fortis, and it would fly.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post
    I’ve been summoned a couple of times recently, and I’m just enough rum & gingers in to offend. This page (ignoring the quoted posts) is actually OK - better than many of the others in the thread. There’s genuinely nothing egregious on this page, I don’t think - there are the Good, and the Meh. I really don’t think there are any bad straps on this page.
    Loved reading that - very good indeed.

Thanks for the feedback :)

Quote Originally Posted by Zolawinston View Post
    Loved reading that - very good indeed.

Thanks for the feedback :)
    Thank you for taking it on the chin!

Master
    Thank you for taking it on the chin!
    Just wish I wasn’t taking a swig of tea when I read ‘cut off a fish’ brilliant!

Master
    Thanks Walter, high praise indeed & has made my day, even my wife understands!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Nice one

Time this thread was renamed to "Occasional Good Strap Matches vs. Walter's Meltdowns" - the latter being the best content, by far

verv - Speedie with the Pollocks. I can’t bring myself to hate it, I really can’t. It’s wrong, and shouldn’t be posted in the “Perfect Strap” thread. But Idontgram - spot on, put it on an Alan Silberstein-styled watch’s or even better, the LE Fortis, and it would fly.

Glad we agree!

This is by far my favourite thread on TZUK. I really ought to contribute more than comments but I play it very safe and can’t bring myself to post my bland pairings.

Master
    Cheers Walter, just squeaked in, and it's boring, but I made it to the good list so more than happy with that😁

That’s twice I’ve had an honourable mention by Walter, I’ll have a good root around the strap boxes for the hatrick…
    The Doxa is a Caribbean and the Breitling blue strap is actually a pretty close match to the blue dial and thankfully it only say Breitling on the inside, unlike the black version I have.

Master
    Omega nato arrived today for the golf edition AT. Very pleased.

Last edited by Stuno1; 14th March 2023 at 15:48.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Time this thread was renamed to "Occasional Good Strap Matches vs. Walter's Meltdowns" - the latter being the best content, by far
    That would be fab

Totally agree about the speedy pollock Walter, ive taken it off and replaced it with a relatively bland but starting to fray nicely jpm canvas.

In the meantime ive snagged an oem cracked leather pam strap for the 190.
    It's a pig to photograph but I like the strap on it.

It was previously on a Corrigia suede which I LOVE but think the double thickness at the lugs bulks it out a little and is probably better suited to a luminor case.

I do everything I can to accommodate your odd tastes, C, and this is how you repay me?

A leather strap made from tramp's shoes, a suede that's thicker than the watch, and an Omega wearing the colours of St Vals from the Munster Ladies' Senior Club Football Championship.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I do everything I can to accommodate your odd tastes, C, and this is how you repay me?

A leather strap made from tramp's shoes, a suede that's thicker than the watch, and an Omega wearing the colours of St Vals from the Munster Ladies' Senior Club Football Championship.
    I know, I know, I KNOW!

MrsV says it's the equivalent of one of those knobs in a black suit with a Simpsons tie