closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Dunhill Help ?

Journeyman

Dunhill Help ?

Good Afternoon All

Can anyone help on a value on a watch please ?

http://dreamwatches.blogspot.com/200...-movement.html

My friend is wanting to invest in a broken one ?

I’ve never heard of it but he likes it and he says it’s worth £10 k ?

I’ve never heard of it ? He also says it’s solid 18 k white gold so worth £3 k just in scrap

I just can not see it even if it was limited to 250 built

Please help

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I've gently favoured Dunhills for years. The most recent ones with JLC movements may well command a premium at some distant time in the future, but ETA powered stuff just gently declines - and that's the really nice facets, not the 'ironic' stuff. I wouldn't unless you really really like the watch itself. Otherwise, wait and get a nice facet. At least you'll end up with a classic design with a bit of history.

It may well be worth 10K to him, but he's going to be one of very few who would value it that way. Broken I doubt it's worth more than the weight in gold. Even working I doubt it's much more.
    Last edited by M4tt; 13th November 2022 at 18:17.

I would very much doubt if there is that much scrap value in it. He isn't, perchance, basing that on the weight of the entire watch including the movement?

Journeyman
    Thank you as I suspected

QUOTE=M4tt;6103086]I've gently favoured Dunhills for years. The most recent ones with JLC movements may well command a premium at some distant time in the future, but ETA powered stuff just gently declines - and that's the really nice facets, not the 'ironic' stuff. I wouldn't unless you really really like the watch itself. Otherwise, wait and get a nice facet. At least you'll end up with a classic design with a bit of history.

It may well be worth 10K to him, but he's going to be one of very few who would value it that way. Broken I doubt it's worth more than the weight in gold. Even working I doubt it's much more.[/QUOTE]

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    I would very much doubt if there is that much scrap value in it. He isn't, perchance, basing that on the weight of the entire watch including the movement?

Journeyman
    Thank you gents my friend has decided to give this one a miss,I appreciate the replies though
    And I think he’s made the right call

QUOTE=d2ore;6103134]Thank you as I suspected

QUOTE=M4tt;6103086]I've gently favoured Dunhills for years. The most recent ones with JLC movements may well command a premium at some distant time in the future, but ETA powered stuff just gently declines - and that's the really nice facets, not the 'ironic' stuff. I wouldn't unless you really really like the watch itself. Otherwise, wait and get a nice facet. At least you'll end up with a classic design with a bit of history.

It may well be worth 10K to him, but he's going to be one of very few who would value it that way. Broken I doubt it's worth more than the weight in gold. Even working I doubt it's much more.[/QUOTE]

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you[/QUOTE]