Quote Originally Posted by jmitch View Post
The flippers could possibly be defined as gravity knives. For a while customs were seizing all sort if stuff on that basis. I lost a UKPK that way and heavier spydercos easily fall into that category

If you like flipping open an axis lock, try a spyderco smock if you can. I have both on my desk at the moment and the flippyness of the smock is amazing.

I want to get another axis lock at the moment, the bugout mini (535?) As it's so light it would be a great little hiking knife.

My EDC is a little spyderco urban, the old version (at least ten years ago) with orange g10 handles and the Wharncliffe blade has been shortened after I snapped the tip off. The spydiehole is aided by a zip-tie of easy OHO. It's a brilliant knife that i would replace in a heartbeat if I lost, it would be very hard to find though.
The Smock looks great, I like the mechanism (looks like a button lock ?) and the blade shape is my cup of tea too but maybe a bit too similar to my Benchmade 940 ? I considered a Bugout but opted for the more robust Osborne. I do like Spydercos but the only one I own is a fixed blade the Bow River.

Cheers Dig