closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,050 of 1557

Thread: Got COVID!

Quote Originally Posted by Fender View Post
    As far as driving in your car, I fail to see how that puts anyone at risk. But the world has gone mad.

However, I would imagine that your kid will catch covid from you. Sometimes it doesn't happen - my SIL's son had it but nobody else in the house caught it.
    She had it about 5/6 weeks ago, none of the rest of us did. She'll be getting daily lateral flows.
    Wife did a positive lateral flow yesterday, positive PCR results came in this morning. My lateral flow was negative yesterday, but a very very faint positive this morning, but I can't get a PCR any time soon. Our son did negative lateral flows yesterday and today, but has come out in a viral looking rash as of yesterday, which is what prompted us to all test ourselves, so we think he was an asymptomatic patient zero
    Last edited by Brighty; 1st January 2022 at 19:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Brighty View Post
    Our son did negative lateral flows yesterday and today, but has come out in a viral looking rash as of yesterday, which is what prompted us to all test ourselves, so we think he was an asymptomatic patient zero
    That’s quite interesting as I have similar symptoms, I did read a viral rash that looks like hives is quite a common sign of Omicron?
    I have this bloody rash in all sorts of places, it flares up and down and antihistamine hasn’t helped it as at first I thought it was an allergic reaction, paracetamol does help I find, two LF tests have both revealed solid negatives.

PCR time soon I think!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    If omicron is ultra contagious and usually mild, surely it is doing the job of the booster jab for us. We will all get it and become immune.

Loads of my friends are testing positive but they nearly all just suffer really mild systems. It seems a fuss about nothing.
    I’m pretty sure the biggest danger to the NHS is not people getting Ill from Covid, it’s staff testing positive and having to be off work and normal NHS work being affected adversely.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Journeyman
    Despite having a cough, temperature, stuffy nose, sore throat, night sweats etc my PCR has come back negative.

Hard to believe I’ve caught whatever this and its not covid. I’ve barely left the house in two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    If omicron is ultra contagious and usually mild, surely it is doing the job of the booster jab for us. We will all get it and become immune.

Loads of my friends are testing positive but they nearly all just suffer really mild systems. It seems a fuss about nothing.
    But the booster cuts your chances of infection by 3/4 what you are suggesting is everyone buy a covid lottery ticket some tickets you win a hospital visit where you get a new ticket with shorter odds for death.
    Thats from a sample group of millions not ‘loads of friends’.
    Yes Omicron results in less deaths but millions getting it over a few weeks means a big impact on healthcare.

Im surprised people struggle with working this out.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    But the booster cuts your chances of infection by 3/4

If that's the case, why are so many people who are boosted becoming infected?

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    If that's the case, why are so many people who are boosted becoming infected?
    1/4 Is still millions of people.

It doesn't matter how you explain it, or how often you explain it. Some will simply never get it.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangers View Post
    Despite having a cough, temperature, stuffy nose, sore throat, night sweats etc my PCR has come back negative.

Hard to believe I’ve caught whatever this and its not covid. I’ve barely left the house in two weeks.
    I know a few people with the same.

I suspect all the isolation has made people more susceptible to other illnesses than we might have been otherwise.

M

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Yes Omicron results in less deaths but millions getting it over a few weeks means a big impact on healthcare.

Im surprised people struggle with working this out.
    I think the same people have to have L tippexed on one shoe and R on the other. Oh, and the shoes need to be slip-on also.

Got my home test pcr kit today and sent it straight back completed as per the instructions. So far symptoms have been fairly mild as per a bad cold. Had headache and achy limbs plus a temperature but this appears to have eased up somewhat recently. I'm double vaxxed and boosted so presumably that has helped to keep the experience on the milder side for me. Hope you are all similarly lucky/vaccinated. I can't see any way that the average person is going to avoid this for very long, particularly in England.

Master
    Anyone had any hearing issues with Covid or the vaccine? I’m trying to track down the source of my hearing demise and seems this issue has arisen but is under reported.

I’m the same, got a PCR booked as a friend tested negative on a lateral flow but came through on the PCR.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    I think the same people have to have L tippexed on one shoe and R on the other. Oh, and the shoes need to be slip-on also.
    Are you guys in this camp 100% sure you are right?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Slamdoor View Post
    Anyone had any hearing issues with Covid or the vaccine? I’m trying to track down the source of my hearing demise and seems this issue has arisen but is under reported.
    Pardon

Quote Originally Posted by meridian View Post
    Are you guys in this camp 100% sure you are right?
    If you take the pre pandemic staff shortages already present in the NHS, then add the staff lost through retirement, resigning, and in many cases tragically dying of covid (we lost one family member this way and more than half a dozen ex colleagues of my wife's, a retired nurse) during the pandemic, then add the many thousands of staff now having to isolate then yes, 100% sure.
    Last edited by Ruggertech; 2nd January 2022 at 22:17.

Journeyman
    Im trying to find confirmation if its ok to get the booster shot whilst recovering from Flu. After having what I thought was covid for almost a week i am very keen to get booster asap!

Cant find much advice online. Thank you

Master
    Im trying to find confirmation if its ok to get the booster shot whilst recovering from Flu. After having what I thought was covid for almost a week i am very keen to get booster asap!

Cant find much advice online. Thank you
    I don't think they will let you have the booster if you've been ill at all, friend of ours had a chest infection and was on antibiotics, she wasn't allowed to have it, stand to be corrected though.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Slamdoor View Post
    Sorry to hear that, from someone whose hearing is down to about 40%, but which long pre-dates Covid. There are many, many causes of hearing loss, age being the obvious one. I have suffered from sudden hearing loss/distortion, which fortunately got better over time. The consultants never got to the bottom on the cause. It could have been a virus, or stress. So it may have been caused by Covid, or it could have just been a coincidence. I doubt the vaccines would have caused it - without clinical data it is impossible to say. Sucks for you though.

I assume you have seen your GP about it? They may be able to do something - in my case I was given steroids, which may have helped.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatters View Post
    Sorry to hear that, from someone whose hearing is down to about 40%, but which long pre-dates Covid. There are many, many causes of hearing loss, age being the obvious one. I have suffered from sudden hearing loss/distortion, which fortunately got better over time. The consultants never got to the bottom on the cause. It could have been a virus, or stress. So it may have been caused by Covid, or it could have just been a coincidence. I doubt the vaccines would have caused it - without clinical data it is impossible to say. Sucks for you though.

I assume you have seen your GP about it? They may be able to do something - in my case I was given steroids, which may have helped.
    Cheers! Yes, ended up at UCH with a diagnosis of Sudden Sensorineural Hearing Loss. Had steroids + two jabs in the ear. Things have improved but still about 29db down + lots of “sizzle” at high frequencies. Betcha it’s Covid related but no proof although research says it can happen. Tough shit basically.

Master
    Wife and I had a bout of Omicron - pretty mild symptoms, more akin to a light cold. The side effects of jabs 1 and 2 were much much worse!

Journeyman
    Tested positive last Tuesday, my back and legs was aching for about 24hrs, had a couple of nights where had hot sweats.... then 2 days after (Thursday) was absolutely fine. Just tested negative today. I am overweight, had pneumonia couple years back, I have had no jabs and obviously no boosters, yet had nothing more than a few aches and sweats for less than 48hours.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by chriskibbledj View Post
    Tested positive last Tuesday, my back and legs was aching for about 24hrs, had a couple of nights where had hot sweats.... then 2 days after (Thursday) was absolutely fine. Just tested negative today. I am overweight, had pneumonia couple years back, I have had no jabs and obviously no boosters, yet had nothing more than a few aches and sweats for less than 48hours.
    Whilst I am glad you have recovered posts like these aren't helpful..... its a numbers game..... most people like yourself will recover fine - if you have had the jabs you have more chance of firstly avoiding getting a dose, secondly, not passing it on and thirdly, of being in the most people category.....but again, glad you only had a mild dose and have recovered.

Quote Originally Posted by rico View Post
    Wife and I had a bout of Omicron - pretty mild symptoms, more akin to a light cold. The side effects of jabs 1 and 2 were much much worse!
    Perhaps tells you something...that jabs 1 and 2 did their job......who knows?

- - - Updated - - -

Then I’d couldn’t myself one of the lucky ones if I was in your shoes.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by tintin View Post
    Whilst I am glad you have recovered posts like these aren't helpful..... its a numbers game..... most people like yourself will recover fine - if you have had the jabs you have more chance of firstly avoiding getting a dose, secondly, not passing it on and thirdly, of being in the most people category.....but again, glad you only had a mild dose and have recovered.
    Miss information. The vax doesn't stop you contracting covid or passing it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Neal666 View Post
    Who is?

I tested positive just over a year ago on the 29th December, I never felt so awful in all my life, it nearly killed me and it took me a good 6 months to get back to almost normal (taste and smell are still a bit skewed). I'm not overweight, I'm reasonably fit, I exercise every day, I follow a healthy diet, I don't smoke etc, etc.

I'd say you were very lucky to not be badly affected.

Sorry your post is misinformation of the can’t be bothered reading the actual data kind.

The vaccine do protect against infection and transmission. Plenty of data showing that versus all varient including Omicron which it is least effective against.

Don’t start 2022 like you finished 2021 by being a YouTubing conspiracy lover and spreader!

Master
    Read the post again. It says the chances of catching or passing on COVID are reduced if you have the jabs. It is not misinformation.

It does however mitigate serious side effects and the need for hospital admissions. This is borne out by the highest level of scientific scrutiny that has ever been levelled at a vaccine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would say you’ve been extremely lucky. My ITU is around 95% full of patients such as yourself (unvaccinated with significant co morbidities).

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Thewatchbloke View Post
    I tested positive just over a year ago on the 29th December, I never felt so awful in all my life, it nearly killed me and it took me a good 6 months to get back to almost normal (taste and smell are still a bit skewed). I'm not overweight, I'm reasonably fit, I exercise every day, I follow a healthy diet, I don't smoke etc, etc.

I'd say you were very lucky to not be badly affected.
    I would personally say you were very unlucky, rather than me being lucky.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by ODP View Post
    I would say you’ve been extremely lucky. My ITU is around 95% full of patients such as yourself (unvaccinated with significant co morbidities).
    Again, I feel they're very unlucky rather than me being lucky. How many people are in your ITU?

Again, I feel they're very unlucky rather than me being lucky. How many people are in your ITU?
    How are you qualified to opine in the first place?

You should be happy that you got off so lightly and stop the misinformation campaign. You have already been proven a habitual liar, why should anyone listen to anything you say?

Now go back to dealing fake watches.

Personally I just think you try to troll the forum outside of sections that you want to keep sweet like SC and WTB so you can stealth deal, everywhere else you mostly respond to posts to initiate a reaction and it’s what we should expect I suppose from someone like yourself..

Journeyman
    No trolling here folks, Just letting people know my experience's. Sorry it doesn't fit in to your agenda.

Strange given the amount of people who don't suffer bad with covid to those who do, people are calling me the lucky one. When it is clear as day that the ones getting bad from it are extreamly unlucky.

No trolling here folks, Just letting people know my experience's. Sorry it doesn't fit in to your agenda.

Strange given the amount of people who don't suffer bad with covid to those who do, people are calling me the lucky one. When it is clear as day that the ones getting bad from it are extreamly unlucky.
    Unvaccinated people dying daily from Covid, I’d say you’re very lucky.

You were lucky, in your own admission you’re overweight and suffered from pneumonia before, had no jabs and boosters. You played and game and got lucky, it could have of course gone the other way and you’re family could have buried you for the new year...... of course you’re not out of the woods yet because the long term effects of covid aren’t fully understood, again let’s hope you’re not one who suffers from some kind of long covid...if not, guess what you were lucky again.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Crammage View Post
    Unvaccinated people dying daily from Covid, I’d say you’re very lucky.
    The number of people dying, in comparison to the population.

Again, not very lucky at all, the poor folks dying are EXTREAMLY UNLUCKY (& most likely already seriously ill and considerably older than i am)

Another couple of posts on your way to Sales Corner?

Ain't going to happen.

The number of people dying, in comparison to the population.

Again, not very lucky at all, the poor folks dying are EXTREAMLY UNLUCKY (& most likely already seriously ill and considerably older than i am)
    Serious question, with your health stats where do you see the sense in not having vaccines?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    Serious question, with your health stats where do you see the sense in not having vaccines?
    I did have quite a list of reasons.... But now i have had it, and wasn't at all affected by it. That is the only reason i need.

it doesn’t fit my agenda mainly because a sample of 1 is no basis to form an opinion that stands up to any scrutiny.

you seem to have missed the fact that covid is probably the most studied pathogen for the last 2 years, while early studies show a fair bit of variation there is usually a trend that starts to be backed up by other peer reviewed independent studies over time.

you are essentially ‘dave down the pub’ (apologies if you are female and therefore ‘karen on facebook’) not an example of scientific research.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    How are you qualified to opine in the first place?

You should be happy that you got off so lightly and stop the misinformation campaign. You have already been proven a habitual liar, why should anyone listen to anything you say?

Now go back to dealing fake watches.
    Playing Devils Advocate here but I imagine this guy is as qualified as you when it comes to opinion?

Journeyman
    it doesn’t fit my agenda mainly because a sample of 1 is no basis to form an opinion that stands up to any scrutiny.

you seem to have missed the fact that covid is probably the most studied pathogen for the last 2 years, while early studies show a fair bit of variation there is usually a trend that starts to be backed up by other peer reviewed independent studies over time.

you are essentially ‘dave down the pub’ (apologies if you are female and therefore ‘karen on facebook’) not an example of scientific research.
    I am in fact neither, I am sharing my experience's of Covid just like everyone else has done, once again. Sorry if my experience doesn't match your agenda.

I did have quite a list of reasons.... But now i have had it, and wasn't at all affected by it. That is the only reason i need.
    So what was your list of reasons and where did you gather this info from?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    So what was your list of reasons and where did you gather this info from?
    My reasons shouldn't concern you, It is my choice. I haven't, neither would i ask your reason in to having it, or not having it if you hadn't.

Quote Originally Posted by meridian View Post
    Playing Devils Advocate here but I imagine this guy is as qualified as you when it comes to opinion?
    I dont have an opinion. I listen to science.

Master
    Blog Entries
    The more unvaccinated people like you that get Covid the better imho. That way they 'vaccinate' themselves and make it safer for the rest of us.