closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Breitling and Tudor sharing movements.. discuss.

Master

Breitling and Tudor sharing movements.. discuss.

First time I heard about the Superoceans having the Tudor movement I dismissed it as sales BS. But I keep seeing it, and when watching a vid on the new Black Bay Chrono earlier it was mentioned that it's a modded B01 movement.

I don't mind that their swapping movements, in fact I think it's quite good. In my naivety I thought Tudor / Rolex were pretty much the only independently owned brands left, but it seems Breitling is also still not part of the two big groups.

So, is this two good independent brands collaborating on movements or is there some smoke and mirrors going on? Interested in any further insight anyone can provide!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I thought it was more a case of Tudor using a modded Breitling movement than vice versa? They’ve been very open about it since the beginning. As long as they are well made, reliable movements I’m not bothered either way tbh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Doing a bit more research,

In 2016, Tudor founded a new movement producer in Geneva known as Kenissi managed by Eric Yvon Pirson (head of Tudor), Jean-Paul Girardin (formerly of Breitling), and Philippe Jacques Dalloz. Two years later, the company constructed a new factory in Le Locle on land owned by Rolex. Chanel invested in Kenissi in 2019, taking a 20% stake in the company. As of 2020, Kenissi produces movements for Tudor, Chanel, Breitling, and Norqain.

So I guess this is old news to most on here!

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    I thought it was more a case of Tudor using a modded Breitling movement than vice versa? They’ve been very open about it since the beginning. As long as they are well made, reliable movements I’m not bothered either way tbh

Some Breiling's use Tudor’s MT5612 movement, which they rename the B20 with a few of their own modifications to it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    Doing a bit more research,

In 2016, Tudor founded a new movement producer in Geneva known as Kenissi managed by Eric Yvon Pirson (head of Tudor), Jean-Paul Girardin (formerly of Breitling), and Philippe Jacques Dalloz. Two years later, the company constructed a new factory in Le Locle on land owned by Rolex. Chanel invested in Kenissi in 2019, taking a 20% stake in the company. As of 2020, Kenissi produces movements for Tudor, Chanel, Breitling, and Norqain.

So I guess this is old news to most on here!

Also fortis