closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: NIP letter date

Craftsman

NIP letter date

Hi,
    My wife's received a Notice of intended prosecution letter for doing 34 in a 30. The date of offence is 28/09 but the letter is dated 26/11 (i.e. almost 2 months after the alleged offence). My understanding was that an NIP needs to be issued within 14 days of the offence, otherwise it makes it invalid. Is this correct and if so, what do we need to do in terms of responding to the letter that asks for driver's details, etc? Any info would be useful thanks.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries

NIP letter date

I think it should be rejected, (EDIT if she is the registered keeper) found this on a police authority web page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by wjkerfoot; 27th November 2021 at 12:21.

Does your wife drive a company car or a leased car? The NIP goes to the registered keeper, if this is a lease company they get it first, they then either reply with your info or send it on, as long as the first NIP goes out within the 14 days, they can take their time with subsequent ones.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Does your wife drive a company car or a leased car? The NIP goes to the registered keeper, if this is a lease company they get it first, they then either reply with your info or send it on, as long as the first NIP goes out within the 14 days, they can take their time with subsequent ones.
    Yes that's correct, see last paragraph in my post above.

Craftsman
    No, it's a private car she's owned for a couple of years. She is registered owner/keeper, and we've lived at this address since March. There are no re-directs on the letter, it bears our current address and details, since we updated DVLA of our new address as soon as we moved in March.

Is she denying speeding?

Craftsman
    Blog Entries

NIP letter date

Quote Originally Posted by amii21 View Post
    No, it's a private car she's owned for a couple of years. She is registered owner/keeper, and we've lived at this address since March. There are no re-directs on the letter, it bears our current address and details, since we updated DVLA of our new address as soon as we moved in March.
    In that case whether she was speeding or not is irrelevant, the NIP is not valid.

Apparently you still have to complete the required information and return the form, you then contest it in court.

Some useful information here https://frankrogerslaw.co.uk/notice-...ed-prosecution

Last edited by wjkerfoot; 27th November 2021 at 13:04.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    Is she denying speeding?
    I’d struggle to tell you where I was two months ago never mind the exact speed at which I was travelling!!

Sounds like it might be worth a challenge.

Have a read through here:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/

They have the most upto date advice.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    I’d struggle to tell you where I was two months ago never mind the exact speed at which I was travelling!!
    If it was a camera that flashed I think I might remember