closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Vacheron Constantin - lovely experience

Craftsman

Vacheron Constantin - lovely experience

Currently owning a couple of Rolex (Hulk and Blue DateJust), I was looking to add to my collection.

With all that is going on with Rolex, I could not be bothered playing the games and jumping through hoops, so I started looking at VC, in particular the FiftySix range.

I visited the new boutique in Edinburgh, and must say the shop assistant (Ewan) was extremely helpful, talked me through the different range’s. Just a really nice experience.

Then the watches….I looked at the FiftySix range and the Overseas…..wow! Handling these, they feel superior to my Rolex (which I love by the way and still hope to get a Pepsi!!). The Fiftysix feels much more quality than me DateJust, and the Overseas much better quality than my Hulk. This isn’t a dig at Rolex because I absolutely love mine…..but somehow these just felt that next step up in quality??

In the end, I’ve gone for the Silver FiftySix, and ordered the Blue Dial Overseas which hopefully should come in time for my 40th in mid 2023.

Obviously people have their own opinions, but after seeing and feeling the VC in the flesh, I was mighty impressed. And the experience was brilliant…..not having to play a game just to get on a “list”. Clearly these won’t make as much profit as Rolex, but I don’t buy to sell, as I plan to hand my watches to my sons when they turn 21.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for sharing. I am looking at the blue fifty six.

I would say it's no secret that these are a step up in quality from Rolex but as per the other thread these are starting to get scalped now.

Quote Originally Posted by JPCain86 View Post
    Thanks for sharing. I am looking at the blue fifty six.

I would say it's no secret that these are a step up in quality from Rolex but as per the other thread these are starting to get scalped now.
    I’m intrigued by this model too.

I thought the Fifty Six and the Overseas are two different ranges?

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Agree with you completely - the quality of VC is right up there. I wrote about my Fiftysix Day-Date here... it's a beautiful thing.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post

R
    They are. I’ve gone for the FiftySix now…..and aiming to get the Overseas for my 40th

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Agree with you completely - the quality of VC is right up there. I wrote about my Fiftysix Day-Date here... it's a beautiful thing.

I read this previously when I started looking into them……I blame you 😂😂

Absolutely stunning watches.

Quote Originally Posted by moynan66 View Post
    I read this previously when I started looking into them……I blame you 

Absolutely stunning watches.
    LOLZ - sorry

Craftsman
    I’m heading into Edinburgh on Monday and requested an appointment with the boutique.

How was the stock levels, did they have much to view and handle?

I have the Overseas steel with blue, but also love the look of the Everest, I’m 40 next month so seriously considering an ultra-thin if available, but I’m also drawn by some of the dress watches, in particular the Patrimony Retrograde…the case back has drool factor!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by peterdo View Post
    I’m heading into Edinburgh on Monday and requested an appointment with the boutique.

I have the Overseas steel with blue, but also love the look of the Everest, I’m 40 next month so seriously considering an ultra-thin if available, but I’m also drawn by some of the dress watches, in particular the Patrimony Retrograde…the case back has drool factor!

Agree, it's an absolute stunner. The size would put me off a bit, though, especially being all dial (maybe easier to get away with in this configuration though, as opposed to white/silver).

Craftsman

They had quite a few of the precious metals. I had a play with the gold overseas as they didn’t have a stainless in stock.

They did say they were expecting a delivery, so possibly more stock to come in for Monday (I think they managed to get it open a day or two earlier?)

- - - Updated - - -

They had quite a few of the precious metals. I had a play with the gold overseas as they didn’t have a stainless in stock.

They did say they were expecting a delivery, so possibly more stock to come in for Monday (I think they managed to get it open a day or two earlier?)

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    They are. I’ve gone for the FiftySix now…..and aiming to get the Overseas for my 40th

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master
    Blog Entries

Vacheron Constantin - lovely experience

I would love an overseas travel time, if my BLNR wasn’t a 40th gift I would seriously consider trading up.
    Last edited by Middo; 20th November 2021 at 13:39.

Craftsman
    The 1942 historic model is very nice and reasonable price for what you get .The overseas range are difficult to get particularly the blue .They are going for double retail and a long waiting list ,shades of Rolex there

Sent from my moto g(8) power using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Currently owning a couple of Rolex (Hulk and Blue DateJust), I was looking to add to my collection.

With all that is going on with Rolex, I could not be bothered playing the games and jumping through hoops, so I started looking at VC, in particular the FiftySix range.

I visited the new boutique in Edinburgh, and must say the shop assistant (Ewan) was extremely helpful, talked me through the different range’s. Just a really nice experience.

Then the watches….I looked at the FiftySix range and the Overseas…..wow! Handling these, they feel superior to my Rolex (which I love by the way and still hope to get a Pepsi!!). The Fiftysix feels much more quality than me DateJust, and the Overseas much better quality than my Hulk. This isn’t a dig at Rolex because I absolutely love mine…..but somehow these just felt that next step up in quality??

In the end, I’ve gone for the Silver FiftySix, and ordered the Blue Dial Overseas which hopefully should come in time for my 40th in mid 2023.

Obviously people have their own opinions, but after seeing and feeling the VC in the flesh, I was mighty impressed. And the experience was brilliant…..not having to play a game just to get on a “list”. Clearly these won’t make as much profit as Rolex, but I don’t buy to sell, as I plan to hand my watches to my sons when they turn 21.
    Was this the new monobrand boutique? Open with Chisholm Hunter?

Great to hear you had a good experience, I might pop in next time I am in scotland.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by optix View Post
    Was this the new monobrand boutique? Open with Chisholm Hunter?

Great to hear you had a good experience, I might pop in next time I am in scotland.
    That’s the one….literally opened the past day or so.

Discussed other models, even though he knew I wasn’t looking to buy, but really interesting and good experience.

That is absolutely fantastic looking.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Journeyman
    They’re 100% a step-up from Rolex. There’s no doubt about that.

Master
    Both stunning watches but a step up to Rolex even on price, when looking at RRP! Grey Rolex prices vs VC RRP makes it almost a non brainer

Awesome duo, the pick up now and the future one.

I'm steadily falling for the fifty six blue dial with the bracelet. But I know exactly what's going to happen. I'm going to umm and ahh over it for ages, obsess on the fact it's only 30m WR and a lot of money (for me), then instagram will decide it's a hot watch and it'll no longer be available. Exactly what happened with the Overseas lol.

Anyway, off to umm and ahh...

You're right about the Rolex comparison I have a few Rolex and an overseas dual time and the watch is immense. Such a beautiful thing and the blue dial is sensational. The Rolex don't get a huge amount of wear since the VC joined.

I was considering the VC 3rd Generation Overseas Chrono, and was on the list with Harringtons in Manchester.

The lead time was around 8 months, back in mid 2020 there wasn't a steel model anywhere in the country.
    They got a 5300 rose gold on rubber for me to try, and I must admit that I simply couldn't read the date wheel or chrono hands even with my glasses on.

I picked up a Gen 1 Overseas Chrono from Tony a few months ago - the quality of finish is superb, and the grande date at 12 is so much better for my elderly eyes.
    I've been looking for a Gen 2 Chrono for months, which has the slightly bigger case size.

I did buy a blue dial 4500 Gen 3 Overseas three hand, it's so easy to live with and the blue dial is simply exquisite in any lighting !
    The blue finish on the dial of the FiftySix is quite different, it's sober and lacks the pop and sparkle of the Overseas range.

Chisholm Hunter have many of the FiftySix and Overseas range available for immediate purchase on the website.

I haven't tracked the C24 prices on the Gen 2 Overseas - If they are rising, then maybe I need to bite the bullet and buy from a dealer, rather than waiting for one to emerge on SC ?

Thoughts ?
    Last edited by W124; 21st November 2021 at 12:09.

Quote Originally Posted by W124 View Post
    I was considering the VC 3rd Generation Overseas Chrono, and was on the list with Harringtons in Manchester.

The lead time was around 8 months, back in mid 2020 there wasn't a steel model anywhere in the country.
    They got a 5300 rose gold on rubber for me to try, and I must admit that I simply couldn't read the date wheel or chrono hands even with my glasses on.

I picked up a Gen 1 Overseas Chrono from Tony a few months ago - the quality of finish is superb, and the grande date at 12 is so much better for my elderly eyes.
    I've been looking for a Gen 2 Chrono for months, which has the slightly bigger case size.

I did buy a blue dial 4500 Gen 3 Overseas three hand, it's so easy to live with and the blue dial is simply exquisite in any lighting !
    The blue finish on the dial of the FiftySix is quite different, it's sober and lacks the pop and sparkle of the Overseas range.

Chisholm Hunter have many of the FiftySix and Overseas range available for immediate purchase on the website.

I haven't tracked the C24 prices on the Gen 2 Overseas - If they are rising, then maybe I need to bite the bullet and buy from a dealer, rather than waiting for one to emerge on SC ?

Thoughts ?
    They have both the Overseas Chrono and Dual Time - two absolutely wonderful watches. I see they also have the Fiftysix Day Date in rose gold... that one's sublime as well.

Master
    Blog Entries
    While I agree that the VC is a step up in quality you are not comparing like for like at rrp. They occupy different price segments!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    While I agree that the VC is a step up in quality you are not comparing like for like at rrp. They occupy different price segments!
    Agreed but then it isn't easy to source Rolex at RRP - hard to fathom why anyone would spend £28k on a grey market steel daytona vs a VC Overseas Chrono.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdogwood View Post
    Agreed but then it isn't easy to source Rolex at RRP - hard to fathom why anyone would spend £28k on a grey market steel daytona vs a VC Overseas Chrono.
    Totally agree. I think most people who are actually in to watches wouldn’t. But too many people now using watches as a method of making money (or indeed cleaning money 😂)

Of course, I’d buy a Daytona at RRP…..if only! But I wouldn’t pay nearly £30k. But others would, and that’s their choice.

I am by no means bashing Rolex. I love mine and won’t sell them, and it is nice to know they have appreciated. But buying a Rolex at grey prices, I’d rather spend the same and buy a VC at RRP.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by W124 View Post

Thoughts ?
    Gen 2 Overseas chrono beats the Gen 3 hands down. The ship has sailed on a tgetting one at 10k (below origonal rrp) most people seem to be holding onto theirs gen 2 across all models. I want to add the white to my blue (Leicester city) and titanium.

Word of warning on the Chrisholm stock - it's not accurate on the overseas