closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: RSC service turnaround time

RSC service turnaround time

This caught me by surprise but Rolex Service Center in Kings Hill was able to turn around my watch in just over 1 week - I dropped the watch (OP 36 with fluted bezel) off on the 24th of March, received an estimate on the same day within 2 hours, then received a 'pro-forma' invoice for collection today. It was for a full service, a new sapphire, and a dial swap + new hands.

Pleasantly surprised by the speed as I was expecting between 4-8 weeks. The last time I used RSC for my other watch it took about 4 weeks, but that was through their St James office. Maybe dropping it off in person at their head office shortens the whole process??

I thought St. James had it's own service centre so I assume there is no transit time for the watch and just how much of a queue there is for work. I'm also guessing they would priorities warranty work first.

Omega also surprised me by turning round a full service in a week recently.

I dropped off a Rolex Explorer and a Bell & Ross around the same time, I think it was around mid-October last year. Both had a timekeeping issue but neither movement is particularly complicated...

I had the Rolex back on my wrist a fortnight later, delayed only by me not picking it up promptly.

5.5 months later I'm still waiting on the return of the Bell & Ross. Not happy.

Blog Entries
    RSJ did a timing adjustment on my CHNR while I waited. Now that’s service (no cost of course).

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    RSJ did a timing adjustment on my CHNR while I waited. Now that’s service (no cost of course).
    The scratches on the side of the case was the cost I think. Or was that a different time?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    The scratches on the side of the case was the cost I think. Or was that a different time?
    Well remembered! They were a no cost addition! (Fortunately cape cod sorted the marks out)

Previously they’d adjusted a SD4000 - no marks on that one though
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 1st April 2021 at 21:33.

Journeyman
    Some of their Google reviews make me very hesitant to consign my 16600 there for service. I don’t need new dial, hands, case, movement etc etc, just a simple service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    1 week is pretty good. I got my GMT back recently and it took 4 weeks total from dropping it off at the AD and the AD getting it back. Was a regular service with crystal replacement. I was expecting 6-8 weeks so pleased overall.

They also return the watch in a hard plastic box instead of the polystyrene.

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

My BB58 is currently at the Kings Hill SC as losing time out of spec. Quoted with 2 weeks. But guess bank holidays may delay that.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app