closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Clay pigeon shooting? Anyone on here into it?

Hybrid View

Master
    I started shooting clays in the mid 80s and joined a local group of just 20 chaps who managed to scrounge permission from a local farmer to use his land every Sunday morning.

Unfortunately it folded up around 2005 and I haven't shot since. I bought a Miroku 7000 and had only fired 500 cartridges, if that, but I have kept it just in case I ever take it up again.

Back then 28" barrels were all the rage, is that still the case now?

Sadly not. 32" is the standard now, with some 34" models creeping in!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    I started shooting clays in the mid 80s and joined a local group of just 20 chaps who managed to scrounge permission from a local farmer to use his land every Sunday morning.

Unfortunately it folded up around 2005 and I haven't shot since. I bought a Miroku 7000 and had only fired 500 cartridges, if that, but I have kept it just in case I ever take it up again.

Back then 28" barrels were all the rage, is that still the case now?

Depending on what you use it for, 26 open choke was the choice of international sleet shooters but when everyone went sporting it was 30 then 32 it’s all down to pointability and fit bit that comes with experience. A good man can win any day with a piece of rubbish but a bad man will never win with a perazzi. It certainly isn’t a game where what you spend makes you better.

Licence applied for, waiting for the home visit to check the storage arrangements, then (hopefully) off to buy a gun (although have no idea about what to get at the moment).

Will be back to ask advice!

Quote Originally Posted by ed335d View Post
    Licence applied for, waiting for the home visit to check the storage arrangements, then (hopefully) off to buy a gun (although have no idea about what to get at the moment).

Will be back to ask advice!
    Interesting, Which police force county you in?

Quote Originally Posted by Anygreg View Post
    Interesting, Which police force county you in?
    Surrey

Master
    The wife and i found a local club and had the "Have a Go" session in 2009,now its every weekend, i Broke a Guinness world record in 2012 for shooting clays. Where in the NE? near Hartlepool? Catterick?
    Its a decent hobby with virtually no interim involvement, shoot,clean,put away and forget till next week.

Quote Originally Posted by MCFastybloke View Post
    The wife and i found a local club and had the "Have a Go" session in 2009,now its every weekend, i Broke a Guinness world record in 2012 for shooting clays. Where in the NE? near Hartlepool? Catterick?
    Its a decent hobby with virtually no interim involvement, shoot,clean,put away and forget till next week.
    I live in Wynyard just outside of Middlesbrough, I’ve messaged Hardwick Hall but yet to hear back but if you can recommend anywhere local and good for a couple of newbies to learn and have a go I’d appreciate that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk